News: PFT: Dak Prescott has a message for Dez Bryant; throw it better so he doesn't drop it

Verdict

Reaction score
I understand why people are frustrated with Dez, but at the end of the day I think his antics or whatever you want to call it are rooted in frustration over losing, and it's hard for me to get too upset at an athlete about that. I remember when we blew that game in Detroit a few years ago and Dez flipped out, most of us were on his side then because we were all sick of it. What has really changed? We still have the same coaching staff, don't you all think that the shortcomings we see the players see 10x over? And now Dez doesn't even have Tony anymore, he has a young QB headed in the wrong direction who almost never looks to throw the ball downfield more than 10 yards, and now isn't even consistently accurate on short passes.

Dez has his drawbacks but I feel like he just wants to win and he feels all our pain over not being able to do that. He's not perfect but he can play for me any day, that's just my opinion.

No. He doesn't want to win. Him getting catches means more to him than winning does. That's why he is melting down even when we are winning.

khiladi

Reaction score
THis was last year in Dak’s ROY numbers for a latgr sample set with Terrance Williams who was a top 3 WR with Romo as far as go routes are concerned:

Dak was successful only 20%... with Dez last year he was at 38%.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...-cowboys-wide-receivers-production-route/amp/

Both Dez and TWill were top three WRs in go routes with Romo whole the Cowboys were second to last in number of pass attempts. Both of them dominated the go route.

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...liams-dominated-the-go-route-in-2014-37894615

The reality is even Dak’s first year he was sub par outside the hashes and deep. Now defenses have taken away the underneath and he’s operating in fifty QBR multiple times a season, because he sucks outside the hashes. His comebacks and corner routes were also garbage last year as far as Dez.

Dak is pretty much only successful with Dak in slants and in the middle. Percy Howard has already thrown out the stats and Dez, like last year, is pretty much this year at a high catch rate over the middle on slants and drags.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Dez needs to improve, I also wonder if there is a nagging physical problem he is dealing with.

Dak has made more bad passes this year than he did last year, but that will improve with better timing between Dak and Dez after offseason reps.

Some of the issue with both is opponents adjusting to our scheme, a big question for next year is how Linehan adjusts.

But the main thing these two guys need is a new WR on the team like Calvin Ridley with TWill dropping to 4th on the depth chart - and they will get that.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Scarcasm....And the war begins. I bet Bryant still hasn't figured out ....shut up..and. you might get a few passes your way.:rolleyes:

plymkr

Reaction score
“Behind him” only applies when running across the field. When you’ve settled into a spot vs zone, a pass like that is to your side, not behind you. Sometimes the QBs throw those away from defender...that wasn’t the case on this one, but it was still an easy catch, not a difficult one, and every nfl receiver should be expected to catch that pass. No body contortion or change of speed, just moving your hands.
good post. well said. I was disheartened last night as anyone. When I think about the game now, I can't seem to shake the idea that we self destructed by turnovers and bad play calling. 2 of those turnovers involved Dez. Dez's dropping the pass that got picked and Dez's fumble.

Dak played a bad game yesterday but I feel his days are only going to get better. Dez seems done. No production, doesn't catch the ball like he used to, can't get open. It seems this year we have talked more about Dez the distraction instead of Dez the WR. Sucks cuz I like Dez a lot but even I am starting to see the writing on the wall, or more accurately the stats on the stat sheet.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Like Dez is a competent receiver? How many balls has he dropped and fumbled this season? He can’t even separate from average corners and he can’t break tackles anymore. He’s a shell of what he was when he first came into the league.
Im sorry but a scrub 2nd year QB, doesnt havs the right to call out our best receiver.

I bet u clowns would be all aggy if Dez came out and called Dak the trash qb that he is

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Im sorry but a scrub 2nd year QB, doesnt havs the right to call out our best receiver.

I bet u clowns would be all aggy if Dez came out and called Dak the trash qb that he is

Were you calling Dak a scrub last season? Despite the year he’s had this season it hasn’t been terrible. He’s had his moments where he’s played very well. How much help has he received from Dez and the other receivers this season? How much help has he gotten from the OL that’s been minus Tyron in several games? The clowns are you guys who live in the moment.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Were you calling Dak a scrub last season? Despite the year he’s had this season it hasn’t been terrible. He’s had his moments where he’s played very well. How much help has he received from Dez and the other receivers this season? How much help has he gotten from the OL that’s been minus Tyron in several games? The clowns are you guys who live in the moment.
I literally cant care less about what he did last year. Once again, name a true franchise QB that has regressed as much as Dak has in year two? He hasnt been terrible? Gtfoh man

mattjames2010

Reaction score

I was.

So no living in the moment here. So what is your argument now?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I literally cant care less about what he did last year. Once again, name a true franchise QB that has regressed as much as Dak has in year two? He hasnt been terrible? Gtfoh man

You didn’t answer any of the questions. If you want to discuss the topic answer the questions. How much help has he received from Dez and the other receivers this season? How much help has he gotten from the OL that’s been minus Tyron in several games? Do you honestly believe the team around him has been as good as it was last year?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I was.

So no living in the moment here. So what is your argument now?

Then you must be blind because he played lights out last season. He had the greatest rookie season any QB ever had. He led the Cowboys to a franchise record 10 straight wins. How many “scrubs” can you name that have done that and beat two future HOF QBs in the process? How about providing a post from last season where you were calling him a scrub? If you did then it must have been after one of the few bad games he had last season when you were living in the moment.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
You didn’t answer any of the questions. If you want to discuss the topic answer the questions. How much help has he received from Dez and the other receivers this season? How much help has he gotten from the OL that’s been minus Tyron in several games? Do you honestly believe the team around him has been as good as it was last year?
How can the receivers help him when he can barely get the ball to them? Yea they have dropped passes (every WR does).

The run game has helped him, even without Zeke.

The defense has helped him at times (like yesterday)

The OL has been fine for the most part. There have been games when the OL was completely healthy, and he sucked

Lastly, no the team hasnt been as good as last year, but thats mostly his doing. All the receivers are having down years bc of this guy.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
How can the receivers help him when he can barely get the ball to them? Yea they have dropped passes (every WR does).

The run game has helped him, even without Zeke.

The defense has helped him at times (like yesterday)

The OL has been fine for the most part. There have been games when the OL was completely healthy, and he sucked

Lastly, no the team hasnt been as good as last year, but thats mostly his doing. All the receivers are having down years bc of this guy.

They could try getting open. He would’ve had a better chance of getting the ball to his receivers had they been able to get open more often and if had better protection from his OL. The OL has struggled all season and the defense looked like crap without Lee who’s missed a number of games. For you to say it’s Dak’s doing that we haven’t been as good a team this year is ridiculous. Put Romo behind this OL and he would have had countless turnovers and ended up on IR. To put this season entirely on Dak is ludicrous.

vaturkey

Reaction score
What was his IQ? What was his DSM 5 report?

Not sure they tested Dez or Ben for DSM 5 Report, considering the DSM-5 takes the diagnoses of autism disorder, pervasive developmental disorder. Maybe some folks on this forum should be tested. :)

Gameover

Reaction score
I'd imagine the reason Dak took this shot is because Dez's tirade was aimed at Dak!

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
They could try getting open. He would’ve had a better chance of getting a ball to his receivers had they been able to get open more often and if had better protection from his OL. The OL has struggled all season and the defense looked like crap without Lee who’s missed a number of games. For you to say it’s Dak’s doing that we haven’t been as good a team this year is ridiculous. Put Romo behind this OL and he would have had countless turnovers and ended up on IR. To put this season entirely on Dak is ludicrous.
Which sounds more logical to you?

-A set of three receivers (all of them being veterans), all a sudden forgetting how to get open (which is nonsense since there is physical evidence that shows they are open)

-OR-

-Defensive Coordinators looking at tape of Dak all offseason, studying his tendencies, and making it much harder for him, thus exposing his flaws

Dez Beasley Witten and Terrance Williams have not forgotten how to get open. They are open on a majority of plays. The QB is just rattled and scared to make throws because of his increased turnovers this year.