News: PFT: Dak Prescott has a message for Dez Bryant; throw it better so he doesn't drop it

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I understand why people are frustrated with Dez, but at the end of the day I think his antics or whatever you want to call it are rooted in frustration over losing, and it's hard for me to get too upset at an athlete about that.

My issue isn't with his frustration. My issue is with his behavior. He's not the only player who gets frustrated, but he's the only one melting down like a 10 year old who didn't get what he wanted for Xmas.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Which sounds more logical to you?

-A set of three receivers (all of them being veterans), all a sudden forgetting how to get open (which is nonsense since there is physical evidence that shows they are open)

-OR-

-Defensive Coordinators looking at tape of Dak all offseason, studying his tendencies, and making it much harder for him, thus exposing his flaws

Dez Beasley Witten and Terrance Williams have not forgotten how to get open. They are open on a majority of plays. The QB is just rattled and scared to make throws because of his increased turnovers this year.

Dude, there’s been film study showing that the receivers haven’t been getting open consistently. Granted Dak has missed some throws this season but it hasn’t been all on him. If you think this season has all been a result of his play, provide a link to a reputable source that agrees with you. Not only have the receivers struggle to get open but they’ve been dropping balls. After the first eight games this season he had more yards and TDs than he did last year. Everything changed when Zeke was suspended.

Gator88

Reaction score
Then you must be blind because he played lights out last season. He had the greatest rookie season any QB ever had. He led the Cowboys to a franchise record 10 straight wins. How many “scrubs” can you name that have done that and beat two future HOF QBs in the process? How about providing a post from last season where you were calling him a scrub? If you did then it must have been after one of the few bad games he had last season when you were living in the moment.

The bolded might mean something if the second greatest rookie season didn't belong to RG3.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The bolded might mean something if the second greatest rookie season didn't belong to RG3.

It still means something. Dak’s second season has been up-and-down but not a complete failure. A lot of distractions heading into this season. A lot of things can be pointed to for the way this season has gone for the team and Dak.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Then you must be blind because he played lights out last season. He had the greatest rookie season any QB ever had. He led the Cowboys to a franchise record 10 straight wins. How many “scrubs” can you name that have done that and beat two future HOF QBs in the process? How about providing a post from last season where you were calling him a scrub? If you did then it must have been after one of the few bad games he had last season when you were living in the moment.

Except his problems were still there

- Bad footwork
- Trouble fitting the ball into tight spaces consistently
- Bad mechanics
- Bad pocket awareness
- Never recognizes the blitz

This was ALL there last season, and I mentioned once defenses adjusted and took away his security blankets he would struggle once everything tightens up.

Now that the 2017 season is almost over, who was right? It's okay, you don't have to admit it, we all know I was.

NEXT!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Except his problems were still there

- Bad footwork
- Trouble fitting the ball into tight spaces consistently
- Bad mechanics
- Bad pocket awareness
- Never recognizes the blitz

This was ALL there last season, and I mentioned once defenses adjusted and took away his security blankets he would struggle once everything tightens up.

Now that the 2017 season is almost over, who was right? It's okay, you don't have to admit it, we all know I was.

NEXT!

Stop diverting, I’m still waiting for the link to the post where you claimed I said that Jay Cutler is a competent franchise QB....NEXT! :thumbup:

Playmaker247

Reaction score
Dez sucks. Bottom line. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a WR complain about the ball then proceed to fumble it the very next pass he gets. Time to get rid of this dude. Why was he even complaining when we were winning? It clearly shows winning isn’t the most important thing to this guy. So happy dak called him out. I use to be a big dez fan hence my avatar but I can’t anymore. He’s a cancer and any real HC would have sat him after his antics yesterday.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Stop diverting, I’m still waiting for the link to the post where you claimed I said that Jay Cutler is a competent franchise QB....NEXT! :thumbup:

If you think I'm going back through thousands of messages, threads, etc. to prove this; you're out of your mind. We both know you said this, and you argued with me for pages and wouldn't stop talking about it - you're legitimately insane. Your takes on everything ends up being wrong.

Now, swallow that ego and pride and just say it: Mattjames2010, you were right! That's all you need to do. It won't hurt too bad, I promise.

And nothing was "diverted" - I pointed out last year Dak would be exposed due to his apparent flaws, he was exposed this year.

1HWQIPa.gif

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So is anyone for sure that Dez is actually complaining about not getting the ball or is it pure speculation being formed by the commentators narrative?

Just asking because we’ve seen him before being animated and it turned out he wasn’t complaining at all.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If you think I'm going back through thousands of messages, threads, etc. to prove this; you're out of your mind. We both know you said this, and you argued with me for pages and wouldn't stop talking about it - you're legitimately insane.

You’re not going back to look because you know you’re full of crap. You and I both know I never said it. No way is anyone going to argue for pages that Jay Cutler is a competent NFL QB. Dude, get real! :laugh: You don’t like me we get it!

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You’re not going back to look because you know you’re full of crap. You and I both know I never said it. No way is anyone going to argue for pages that Jay Cutler is a competent NFL QB. Dude, get real! :laugh: You don’t like me we get it!

Oh you can think I'm "full of crap" - it's in the memory bank, pal. So I can call you out and laugh at you for posting that.

Now, you can admit I was right all last season about Dak. Can you do it? Because right now, your argument is piss poor. NEXT!

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Your memory bank must have been held up and robbed. :laugh: Go play games with someone else.

Oh hey, again, you can deny it. Haha

Now, stop ignoring the other part of my post, admit I was right last year about Dak. Can you do it? Seems you are struggling.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Oh hey, again, you can deny it. Haha

Now, stop ignoring the other part of my post, admit I was right last year about Dak. Can you do it? Seems you are struggling.

Dude, you’re the one struggling. You haven’t been right about anything. All you do is post BS to get replies. I don’t have time to waste with 15 year olds.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Dude, you’re the one struggling. You haven’t been right about anything. All you do is post BS to get replies. I don’t have time to waste with 15 year olds.

That's not an argument.

If you can't even admit I'm right here, and that you were clearly wrong about Dak, why would you expect anyone to believe you never that about Cutler? You can't admit when you're wrong. That's your issue.

Now, admit it, everything I said about Dak last year was shown to be correct this year. Like I said, it won't hurt too bad for you to admit it. Trust me, a few others on this board will need to admit it eventually too.

loublue22

Reaction score
My issue isn't with his frustration. My issue is with his behavior. He's not the only player who gets frustrated, but he's the only one melting down like a 10 year old who didn't get what he wanted for Xmas.
Again, not saying it's my favorite, but I prefer it to the silent, thousand yard stare we see from, say, our coach.

Verdict

Reaction score
Not sure they tested Dez or Ben for DSM 5 Report, considering the DSM-5 takes the diagnoses of autism disorder, pervasive developmental disorder. Maybe some folks on this forum should be tested. :)

I was referring to the DSM 5 manual. Lol. Never mind.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
The first 8 games of the year or so Dak was playing like a legit MVP.

Defenses adjusted, our o-line play went downhill, and Dez Bryant went from average to bad.

Dak is a top 15 qb in this league easy. The problem is his receivers can’t get open and the team has no speed whatsoever. Our scheme also doesn’t help at all.

Watching Dez Bryant run routes when he isn’t the number one option is PAINFUL to watch. If it was anybody else on the team the guy would be benched.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
The first 8 games of the year or so Dak was playing like a legit MVP.

Defenses adjusted, our o-line play went downhill, and Dez Bryant went from average to bad.

Dak is a top 15 qb in this league easy. The problem is his receivers can’t get open and the team has no speed whatsoever. Our scheme also doesn’t help at all.

Watching Dez Bryant run routes when he isn’t the number one option is PAINFUL to watch. If it was anybody else on the team the guy would be benched.

Dak was never playing like an MVP. He was playing like a young QB with a horrible coaching staff. Being a Top 15 QB isn't impressive because Top 15 QBs generally don't win. Without an elite defense, a Top 15 QB gets you nowhere.