News: PFT: Dak Prescott on his sore shoulder: Everything's fine

817Gill

Reaction score
How much has he been throwing all offseason? Why is he sore now if he has been throwing?
I’m not sure what you’re questioning. You’re asking why he’s sore now as opposed to a few days ago or a few days ahead?

He’s been able to walk since about January-February, I assume he started up throwing then. If he’s been throwing since that time he’s probably going to have put an unusual strain on his shoulder because he’s had to overcompensate for his lower body. He’s taken full QB1 reps for all of camp so far, his body was probably overworked in that ramp-up which would explain why it happened now. I think it’s a pretty routine “injury” if you call it that. We just have to hope he doesn’t make it worse in the future, but if they don’t rush him back it shouldn’t.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
How much has he been throwing all offseason? Why is he sore now if he has been throwing?
Well unless he was throwing from a wheelchair on his backyard field, not that long.
He just started walking unassisted couple months ago.

Dak cant be in shape, coming off a injury that would not let him exercise run etc.

I feel sorry for him a little, as he has a long season ahead, and he isnt really ready physically to go 17 games.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Well unless he was throwing from a wheelchair on his backyard field, not that long.
He just started walking unassisted couple months ago.

Dak cant be in shape, coming off a injury that would not let him exercise run etc.

I feel sorry for him a little, as he has a long season ahead, and he isnt really ready physically to go 17 games.

Dude just stop. Dak was running around taking full reps in OTAs in April and May. He released the video of him working out with his trainer in March. LC posted pics with Dak and him on a fishing trip in the spring. His GF posted pics of their trip to the Caribbean around Valentine's day. He went to the college world series in June and has attended multiple UFC fights. If we believe you he was doing all that from a wheelchair. (P.S. nobody believes you)

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm confused. Are you saying that NOT seeing the sky falling at every turn makes one a blind homer? Clearly you have not paid much attention to my posts. I don't trip about things... NOTHING. I am 61 years old, got a wife, 4 kids and one grandkid. I love the Cowboys.. win, lose or draw. No matter the names on the back of the jerseys the Star is what I'm about. I am also a generally positive person. I find I enjoy life more that way.. YMMV. I also know that if Dak comes back with no after effects from this injury or if he needs Tommy John surgery tomorrow my life isn't going to change all that much. I'm going to scream just as loud for my team every Sunday either way. Though obviously my expectations for the outcomes will change considerably. I know some on this forum will be happy if Dak gets hurt and can't play and will be here every day crowing about it. Nothing will ever convince me that those people are Cowboys fans.

Nope, not what I'm saying.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Dude just stop. Dak was running around taking full reps in OTAs in April and May. He released the video of him working out with his trainer in March. LC posted pics with Dak and him on a fishing trip in the spring. His GF posted pics of their trip to the Caribbean around Valentine's day. He went to the college world series in June and has attended multiple UFC fights. If we believe you he was doing all that from a wheelchair. (P.S. nobody believes you)
ok I meant not just off crutches, but back to normal. if he started working out in late april or may that is around 3 months.

I dont think he could get in football shape in that short period.

catiii

Reaction score
Everything is fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baghda3.jpg

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’m not sure what you’re questioning. You’re asking why he’s sore now as opposed to a few days ago or a few days ahead?

He’s been able to walk since about January-February, I assume he started up throwing then. If he’s been throwing since that time he’s probably going to have put an unusual strain on his shoulder because he’s had to overcompensate for his lower body. He’s taken full QB1 reps for all of camp so far, his body was probably overworked in that ramp-up which would explain why it happened now. I think it’s a pretty routine “injury” if you call it that. We just have to hope he doesn’t make it worse in the future, but if they don’t rush him back it shouldn’t.

Right he either hasn't done much which is to be expected coming off his injury and now being overworked. But whats his name alluded to how much he has been working so i wanted details

RonnieT24

Reaction score
ok I meant not just off crutches, but back to normal. if he started working out in late april or may that is around 3 months.

I dont think he could get in football shape in that short period.

He started working out long before May. He participated in the May OTAs and the June minicamp. He was working out with the Cowboys trainers way before that. You don't really think they would send their 40 million dollar a year man out there for on field workouts without working him with the trainers for several days/weeks beforehand? Makes sense right? Hey let's find out in June how his recovery/rehab is going and never even look at him before that.

P.S. the only way to get in football shape is to play football. None of them is in football shape entering training camp.

817Gill

Reaction score
Right he either hasn't done much which is to be expected coming off his injury and now being overworked. But whats his name alluded to how much he has been working so i wanted details
Got it!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Myth: Reported posts are acted upon within milliseconds.
Fact: Reported posts are acted upon when a staff member actually has time to read and address them.

Myth: Name-calling posts are never deleted.
Fact: Name-calling posts are very often deleted, of which authors are sometimes benched from the thread, given a site vacay, or both.

Myth: Posts can violate site rule #1 without consequence.
Yeah. Right. :rolleyes:

Thread re-opened.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Yeah there is no question he had to throw with more arm during his rehab workouts. The arm has probably had more work than he'd ever done in the offseason because of it. I agree he's going to ball out this year. I just hope Kellen Moore does a better job in those early series this year. Don't want to be playing from behind over and over. Let's get back to punching it in for 7 on the opening drive and getting to dictate the game to the opponent ..
I am anxious to see how willing he is to take off with the ball and run it after that nasty break. That makes him a big threat.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I am anxious to see how willing he is to take off with the ball and run it after that nasty break. That makes him a big threat.

Dak has never been one to take off a lot. I think he has done a pretty decent job of picking his spots so far and I think he'll keep doing that. He just will need to be smarter about getting down before anybody can do any damage to him. That's something every QB who comes into the league has had to learn. Those that failed to do so have had their careers cut short.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
After injury some guys are tentative to do things as they did before.

Some might walk a little different and that new step/gate can lead to soreness elsewhere (other leg, back, etc). This happened to me after a knee injury. Took a while longer to gain confidence in my knee and step "normal" I did feel pain in my hips/back.

For Dak, this is really the first time he's been on the field in team drills at practice speed. It's logical he might over compensate a little w/ his upper body (arm/shoulder) so as to not put as much pressure on his leg(s) until he can really gauge how he feels.

I figure the shoulder thing is just soreness and something that'll fade away with more work and more comfort/confidence in the ankle/leg.