News: PFT: Dak Prescott on his sore shoulder: Everything's fine

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Jerry's decision to ride with nothing at back-up QB is looking real smart right now.

Not really.. There is going to be 20 journeyman vets available in a coupla weeks. Jerry knows there is going to be a glut of backup QB wannabes on the market in a minute so there is no need to go committing too much money on the chumps who are out there now. Anybody not on a roster when the rosters sit at 90 is REAL garbage and no better than Nooch and GG.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
i'm not gonna worry about this unless he misses reg season games.
ignore the chatter.
:starspin:FORWARD:starspin:

He most likely will. Thanks to Jerry the incentive to excel is gone.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
i'm not gonna worry about this unless he misses reg season games.
ignore the chatter.
:starspin:FORWARD:starspin:

Well if he doesn't practice enough heading into the season and starts the season out stinking up the joint that's going to be a problem. He needs to get some work in .. keep being careful to make sure he doesn't hurt himself but he don't need to be standing around watching for the next 5 weeks then try to go play against the Bucs. But yeah.. the kneejerk chatter aint worth being bothered with. I will keep my ears open for legit reports from guys out at practice.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Well if he doesn't practice enough heading into the season and starts the season out stinking up the joint that's going to be a problem. He needs to get some work in .. keep being careful to make sure he doesn't hurt himself but he don't need to be standing around watching for the next 5 weeks then try to go play against the Bucs. But yeah.. the kneejerk chatter aint worth being bothered with. I will keep my ears open for legit reports from guys out at practice.
exactly.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Again if his shoulder was fine he’d be practicing end of story. He also had an mri and reports he could miss a couple weeks and it’s his throwing shoulder.
Minor thing. Nothing to worry about. They’re just being cautious. End of story.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Minor thing. Nothing to worry about. They’re just being cautious. End of story.

I just heard someone on the radio (I think it was David Moore) say it was a lat strain. Which I think is more of the back than it is shoulder. But consistent with having done more throwing with all arm and less with the lower body during rehab. That muscle just done got more work than it was used to. And no matter how much it bothers some folks here you SHOULD be more cautious with your 40 million dollar a year player than with your 2 million dollar a year player.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Half of this board has the I.Q. of a banana slug. And that’s an insult to banana slugs.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I just heard someone on the radio (I think it was David Moore) say it was a lat strain. Which I think is more of the back than it is shoulder. But consistent with having done more throwing with all arm and less with the lower body during rehab. That muscle just done got more work than it was used to. And no matter how much it bothers some folks here you SHOULD be more cautious with your 40 million dollar a year player than with your 2 million dollar a year player.
Common sense is not generally accepted here. Some will look upon you with scorn!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Not a good omen when your QB tears a shoulder muscle throwing a football.
You've never played baseball or basketball or football obviously. Pitchers and QB's get sore arms. It's part of the business. And look up the difference between a strain and a pull before sticking your foot in your mouth. Again.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
You've never played baseball or basketball or football obviously. Pitchers and QB's get sore arms. It's part of the business. And look up the difference between a strain and a pull before sticking your foot in your mouth. Again.

In this instance it wasn't even his arm. It was a lat muscle. He could have just hit the lat machine too hard the night before. If they had said it was in the elbow or the shoulder/rotator cuff area I would be concerned. That could be structural but a lat muscle? Half the posters here apparently don't even know where it is since they keep posting crap about his "throwing arm."

MarcusRock

Reaction score
mVUsLbErnag4MY2.jpg

Shoulda set it to 51. What were you thinking, Dak? Thanks a lot!

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
Shoulda set it to 51. What were you thinking, Dak? Thanks a lot!
He set it at 40. That’s his average yearly salary in millions more for the next few years.

and if I made that much money I’d sleep like a baby too.
mVUsLbErnag4MY2.jpg

Last edited:

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The ignorance of this place never ceases to amaze me. I guess you don't realize he's been working out all offseason and before. SMH.

How much has he been throwing all offseason? Why is he sore now if he has been throwing?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
no worries, my pet cat GG is ready to take over anytime dak cant play!!