News: PFT: Dak Prescott on his sore shoulder: Everything's fine

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His is usual critics bouncing from one Dak thread to another saying damn thing over and over..........

Honest question........name a thread one of them have started ( hint; it'll take a while )

Wonder what this place would be like if all the Dak trolls were gone for a day. :laugh:

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Some people AREN'T blind homers.

I'm confused. Are you saying that NOT seeing the sky falling at every turn makes one a blind homer? Clearly you have not paid much attention to my posts. I don't trip about things... NOTHING. I am 61 years old, got a wife, 4 kids and one grandkid. I love the Cowboys.. win, lose or draw. No matter the names on the back of the jerseys the Star is what I'm about. I am also a generally positive person. I find I enjoy life more that way.. YMMV. I also know that if Dak comes back with no after effects from this injury or if he needs Tommy John surgery tomorrow my life isn't going to change all that much. I'm going to scream just as loud for my team every Sunday either way. Though obviously my expectations for the outcomes will change considerably. I know some on this forum will be happy if Dak gets hurt and can't play and will be here every day crowing about it. Nothing will ever convince me that those people are Cowboys fans.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
How long does it take for latissimus strain to heal?
Recovery time varies depending on the strain, with Grade 1 strains typically requiring 2-3 weeks and Grade 2 strains usually taking at least a month. Grade 3 strains often require surgery, however, and can come with considerably longer recovery periods.

NFL players get far more treatment for any strain, sprain or whatever than nearly any non-athlete gets, they can recover quicker. Probably half of what you noted above.

Besides, it's the first week of camp, hardly a major deal if he doesn't throw for a few days or even a week.

I'd bet he's throwing again by Monday, if I was a betting man....

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The article said he had a latissimus strain.

I posted the medical prognosis.

Are you saying the article is wrong or the prognosis?
No you’re wrong. It depends on the level of the strain and there are more levels than what you listed. That’s just common sense.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
They will give out as little information as they can. Might not ever be a strain, they just have to tell the NFL something to put on the report....

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Initial diagnosis was he was done with camp. If that is the case this is a huge blow to not only the offense, but the team overall. Other than a season ending injury, this is one of the worst things that could have happened to the Cowboys.
Did somebody take over Roy's account? I don't know what's going on here. He actually sounds reasonable and realistic.

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
mVUsLbErnag4MY2.jpg

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Not a good omen when your QB tears a shoulder muscle throwing a football.

Now it's a tear? I have heard nothing more than it's a strain. Which of course has its own spectrum of levels. But it's the Cowboys QB so the overreaction will be rampant because of the ratings the media outlets can garner from it.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Now it's a tear? I have heard nothing more than it's a strain. Which of course has its own spectrum of levels. But it's the Cowboys QB so the overreaction will be rampant because of the ratings the media outlets can garner from it.
MRI says it’s nothing. Sore. He has been throwing a football off balance for a while with that ankle healing. Let it heal up and he will be fine. Should be a better passer this year.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
MRI says it’s nothing. Sore. He has been throwing a football off balance for a while with that ankle healing. Let it heal up and he will be fine. Should be a better passer this year.

Yeah there is no question he had to throw with more arm during his rehab workouts. The arm has probably had more work than he'd ever done in the offseason because of it. I agree he's going to ball out this year. I just hope Kellen Moore does a better job in those early series this year. Don't want to be playing from behind over and over. Let's get back to punching it in for 7 on the opening drive and getting to dictate the game to the opponent ..

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry's decision to ride with nothing at back-up QB is looking real smart right now.

cowboyec

Reaction score
i'm not gonna worry about this unless he misses reg season games.
ignore the chatter.
:starspin:FORWARD:starspin: