News: PFT: Dez Bryant gets five years, $70 million from Cowboys

Garrettop

Reaction score
I think this deal has Stephen's signature all over it.

Absolutely. Seeing one outstanding FO move after another over the last 3 years is really putting me in BUY mode over the next 2 decades. Not only no more stupid Barber deals or Williams trades, but even the guys that deserve to get paid aren't getting stretched out, gaudy looking and potentially hamstringing contracts. It's a contract for the amount of time they can be reasonably sure they will want the player, and for the most part pays what it says. None of this 40 year 5 billion stuff just to make headlines and inflate egos.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Will the NFLPA have a field day with this? Both teams just signed the same contract. They must of been discussing this behind close doors. LOL

No, because they got their contracts. They would have went ahead with it if the players didn't get extended.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Because of how they worked it. He gets a lot of money up front and helps give us cap space NOW. Also free's up money in the next few years to lock up other guys. Worked out for both parties

I get that, but 7 years is a better deal than 5 for DAL. More cap and salary flexibility.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
I love it. cowboys keep a great player. and Dez get's the money he earned and deserves. win for both sides. hats off to Jerry for getting this done. i think he push his son Stephen to the side. and got this deal done himself. i am a happy cowboys fan today.

Glad to see you happy :)

Glad to see everyone happy. This is what it's all about.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
th

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Sounds like the $45 million is fully guaranteed.

That's Jerry's doing, I'm sure.

That's not what has been reported.

It is staggered over 2 years and has outs for arrests and suspensions.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
For those wondering why he didn't receive a longer deal like Smith, keep in mind that Tyron was 23 when he signed his eight year deal and Dez is 26 at his five year deal. Both end when they're 31 which is a good time to take stock of your career as well as financial flexibility.

Sydla

Reaction score

1. 3:41 PM - 15 Jul 2015
    mike fisher ‏@fishsports 20s21 seconds ago
    Where's the NFLPA now? Identical deals, so it's 'collusion,' right? Dopes.

0 retweets0 favorites
    Retweet
    Favorite
    More

2. 3:40 PM - 15 Jul 2015

Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr 1m1 minute ago
    The NFLPA lit a fire under some butts with Denver and Dallas getting deals done before the deadline

LOL at Hill.

I seriously doubt the Cowboys and Broncos got deals done because of a NFLPA threat. Geezus dude.