PFT: Eagles believe Jordan Davis can have a role rushing the passer

Blackrain

Reaction score
Before long we will find out who made the best choice when we get to see twice a year if the college holding champion we drafted and our weak center can keep this giant of a man off of our quarterback.

Speculation now is just a bunch of talk.

The rubber will meet the road soon enough.

Creeper

Reaction score
Davis is a huge boom or bust prospect.

I have the same feeling about Davis, Boom or Bust. But I think he has more boom to him than bust. The biggest question about him is stamina. I watched some Georgia games and it seems line he took a lot of plays off.

The Eagles made a smart moving moving up to get him before the Ravens, and they continuously upgrade their interior DL. The Eagles are closer to a Super Bowl than the Cowboys after having won a Super Bowl a few years ago.

But like every other rookie we have to see him take the field before we know what kind of player Davis is.

Jarntt

Reaction score
John Ridgeway is the same type of player. But Ridgeway doesn't have the stamina problems that Davis has. And Ridgeway has a lot more nastiness with him. So in my opinion we drafted the better of the two.
Seriously? Is our ability to be even the tiniest bit objective so blurred by our fandom that this is what we write? Ridgeway is the better of the two?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seriously? Is our ability to be even the tiniest bit objective so blurred by our fandom that this is what we write? Ridgeway is the better of the two?

Maybe it is to counter all the blurred objectives that everything we do we suck at it but every thing other teams do they are genius.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Before long we will find out who made the best choice when we get to see twice a year if the college holding champion we drafted and our weak center can keep this giant of a man off of our quarterback.

Tyler Smith will pave the road with that rubber and he will call it a Davis Pancake. :laugh:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have the same feeling about Davis, Boom or Bust. But I think he has more boom to him than bust. The biggest question about him is stamina. I watched some Georgia games and it seems line he took a lot of plays off.

The Eagles made a smart moving moving up to get him before the Ravens, and they continuously upgrade their interior DL. The Eagles are closer to a Super Bowl than the Cowboys after having won a Super Bowl a few years ago.

But like every other rookie we have to see him take the field before we know what kind of player Davis is.

Bull...the Cowboys are closer because Dak is so much better than Jalen....

Techsass

Reaction score
I got caught up in Peter King's ranking video. He has the Eagles at #9 & the Cowboys somewhere in the middle of the pack. His reasoning is that there's always something with the Cowboys,

Havic

Reaction score

Yes, I agree 100%. We need a strong nasty center to fight off a guy like Davis and I'm not so sure Biadiaz will have gained enough strength in the offseason. We will see.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Translate: They don't know but as of now he's a two-down DLineman you drafted with a first-round pick.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...dan-davis-can-have-a-role-rushing-the-passer/
Eagles believe Jordan Davis can have a role rushing the passer
Posted by Josh Alper on May 24, 2022, 3:53 PM EDT
they have a good DL. they had Cox who is very good and adding Davis can only make them better. if they generate more passrush then it will help their secondary and they added help there too. I think this off season Eagles closed the gap on cowboys by adding more and cowboys losing some.

Ken

Reaction score
Watch them both and tell me Davis is better.

I don't know how anyone can come away with that assesment. At least, I don't know how you come away with Davis is the #12 player in the draft and Ridgeway is a 5th rounder.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Watch them both and tell me Davis is better.

I don't know how anyone can come away with that assesment. At least, I don't know how you come away with Davis is the #12 player in the draft and Ridgeway is a 5th rounder.
Davis is better. A lot better (at this point we'll see what happens). Was Ridgeway good value in the 5th and could he have been picked earlier? Yes, I think so and love the pick, but that's a different topic.

Creeper

Reaction score
Bull...the Cowboys are closer because Dak is so much better than Jalen....

I don't disagree, but Dak has peaked. Hurts is still learning. Plus, hurts does not have to do much for the Eagles, just not give the football away. The Eagles won a Super Bowl with Wentz and Foles and they are repeating that formula. The last 3rd of the season they will win with defense. They will win because of the rest of their roster, not because of Hurts. But Hurts can also be a weapon when he runs the football.

speedkilz88

Reaction score

Davis' pass rush technique is much more raw than Smith's pass blocking technique. And that's a guy who went to Alabama compared to an OL that went to Tulsa.