News: PFT: Elliott's dad says "legal team is ready to fight"

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Elliott's dad says "legal team is ready to fight"

Last week, the father of Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott declared himself to be “ready for the show down.”

On Monday, Stacy Elliott provided some more details about how things will play out, now that the NFL has suspended his son for six games.

“My son’s legal team is ready to fight!” Stacy Elliott tweeted on Monday morning. “Let’s deal!!!! You will know the set up and PLOT!”

The tweet contains excerpts from a new Fort Worth Star-Telegram story from Clarence E. Hill. Jr. regarding a review of certain documents from the case — documents that have yet to be publicly released.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/14/elliotts-dad-says-legal-team-is-ready-to-fight/

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
The question I have is whether or not all of this was clearly presented to the panel during the process.

If it was, then they are unquestionably corrupt.

How you can hear things like this, read texts like that and still find the woman remotely credible to the point that you can hold him responsible for something even the authorities could not?

diefree666

Reaction score
The question I have is whether or not all of this was clearly presented to the panel during the process.

How you can hear things like this, read texts like that and still find the woman remotely credible to the point that you can hold him responsible for something even the authorities could not?

when you have no interest beyond your agenda. The panel was meant to rubber stamp the NFL suspension and that is what it did.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score

Just because she's crazy, doesn't mean he didn't put his hands on her. It's essentially the same thing as the Greg Hardy case.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Elliott's dad says "legal team is ready to fight"

Last week, the father of Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott declared himself to be “ready for the show down.”

On Monday, Stacy Elliott provided some more details about how things will play out, now that the NFL has suspended his son for six games.

“My son’s legal team is ready to fight!” Stacy Elliott tweeted on Monday morning. “Let’s deal!!!! You will know the set up and PLOT!”

The tweet contains excerpts from a new Fort Worth Star-Telegram story from Clarence E. Hill. Jr. regarding a review of certain documents from the case — documents that have yet to be publicly released.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/14/elliotts-dad-says-legal-team-is-ready-to-fight/

I'm glad his dad has his back and is ready to fight for Zeke. I also hope he has a quiet moment with his son about using better judgment, like not pulling down girls' tops in public and avoiding late night situations with alcohol.

CWR

Reaction score

I would be highly suprised if they had not seen this. There is NO excuse in such a "thorough" investigation.

Alexander

Reaction score
Team Zeke...go get 'em, hit 'em with everything you have and then some.
Just makes you wonder what good it will do though.

A best case is that Goodell bows to growing public sentiment that he reduces the suspension while keeping the stance they were tough.

Then you wonder if Elliott's team will just take that and have him serve.

If this goes the Brady route and they dig in for a long fight, the more precarious it becomes.

I know I don't want him shut down the last few weeks of the season and/or playoffs.

This either hits now or they should probably let it rest given the risk.

diefree666

Reaction score
Just because she's crazy, doesn't mean he didn't put his hands on her. It's essentially the same thing as the Greg Hardy case.
to be brutally honest that is not the point. Lying and threatening his career is the point. You cannot prove a negative; for me the fact that she got into a cat fight before the pictures were taken speaks for itself.

diefree666

Reaction score
Just makes you wonder what good it will do though.

A best case is that Goodell bows to growing public sentiment that he reduces the suspension while keeping the stance they were tough.

Then you wonder if Elliott's team will just take that and have him serve.

If this goes the Brady route and they dig in for a long fight, the more precarious it becomes.

I know I don't want him shut down the last few weeks of the season and/or playoffs.

This either hits now or they should probably let it rest given the risk.

The NFL has labeled him a woman beater. You seem to think that is nothing.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Here we go, I guess.

This is going to get so unbelievably racial, it'll be ugly. I tremor at where this is headed.

Kaepernick times 1000.

Equal Opportunity case.
White man - 1 game
Black man - 6 games after accuser proven to be liar and want to ruin his career.

Owners can jump in at any time.
Go Jerry.
Good opportunity to punt Goodell and get a commissioner from the NBA.

Alexander

Reaction score
I would be highly suprised if they had not seen this. There is NO excuse in such a "thorough" investigation.
You never know.

The NFL could have botched it.

It is also possible his team dropped the ball, being a little overconfident there was nothing concrete to suspend him on it because he was never charged.

I don't think for a minute that anyone, Elliott, his team, Jerry Jones anybody was prepared for the NFL to rule like they did given what evidence there was. Not based off of precedence at least.