News: PFT: Elliott's dad says "legal team is ready to fight"

bigbob

Reaction score
The implications of this for other players around the league should be scary. Imagine if you are a player and want to divorce your wife, and she threatens to claim DV if you do. She might not can prove it in court, but it's only necessary for her story to be believable to the league for you to be suspended.
I agree with this it does set a bad precedent but this could be what they want so that players will not risk any type of DV.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Robert S. Tobias, Columbus’ city attorney, told USA Today: “I personally believe that there were a series of interactions between Mr. Elliott and [his accuser] where violence occurred. However, given the totality of the circumstances, I could not firmly conclude exactly what happened.”

Interesting comment to me. Thompson could have been the instigator and the violent one......that is what her previous behavior shows - she was the one getting dumped.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
It's already taken but you cannot turn a ho into a housewife...

I greatly beg to differ my good fellow, Ho's can make excellent housewives, once you've sent them over the edge to where they've never been before and ,,,well,,,,you kinda already knew she was a Ho to begin with so don't feign dismay when she Ho's

bigbob

Reaction score
As fans we just don't get enough information to make accurate judgments on things like this.
Elliot could be innocent he could be guilty he could be a little guilty there's no way to know.
I don't know him personally and I don't know Tiffany all we know is is what we read in these little Snippets.
I would rather see Elliott play it makes the games more fun to watch.
I also think six games is too much for what appears to have happened here but if that's the minimum then that's why It is six games.
I think he should have been suspended for personal conduct not DV and something more like two games. I don't think Elliot is totally innocent but I think the sentence here's a little harsh.

goshan

Reaction score
Robert S. Tobias, Columbus’ city attorney, told USA Today: “I personally believe that there were a series of interactions between Mr. Elliott and [his accuser] where violence occurred. However, given the totality of the circumstances, I could not firmly conclude exactly what happened.”

Interesting comment to me. Thompson could have been the instigator and the violent one......that is what her previous behavior shows - she was the one getting dumped.

She definitely seems to have a temper and a violent streak. As I have said before, I wouldn't doubt that she got in his face, slapped him and potentially pushed/hit him. But Elliott has not tried the self defense route, and it would be very difficult for him to pull it off. Once he admits violence towards her, he is probably toast in more ways than one. She looks like she weighs about 95 pounds, and you just can't hit a woman, even if she comes at you. You just have to take it and walk away.

Ray Rice's finance went after him first, hit him in the chest and spit in his face. Then he hit her with a left hook and knocked her out. Could he claim self defense?

Last edited:

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
She definitely seems to have a temper and a violent streak. As I have said before, I wouldn't doubt that she got in his face, slapped him and potentially pushed/hit him. But Elliott has not tried the self defense route, and it would be very difficult for him to pull it off. Once he admits violence towards her, he is probably toast in more ways than one. She looks like she weighs about 95 pounds, and you just can't hit a woman, even if she comes at you. You just have to take it and walk away.
Reminds me of that time me and a bro picked up an old man and a young good looking blond gal that were all ****ed up and ran their car off the road, we made a 'pit' stop and I turned around just as this evil female was drawing a .25cal pistol from her purse, well, obviously my bro and me were gonna be jacked for our wheels if not popped in the back of the head while taking a leak,,, ya,Man! I hit her pretty hard right between those (I'm pretty sure) fantastic boobs! She went down, While I was yanking that little pistol away,,, I don't care if I was outta line in yours or anybody else's view when it comes to 'hitting women',,, I could care less.

goshan

Reaction score
Reminds me of that time me and a bro picked up an old man and a young good looking blond gal that were all ****ed up and ran their car off the road, we made a 'pit' stop and I turned around just as this evil female was drawing a .25cal pistol from her purse, well, obviously my bro and me were gonna be jacked for our wheels if not popped in the back of the head while taking a leak,,, ya,Man! I hit her pretty hard right between those (I'm pretty sure) fantastic boobs! She went down, While I was yanking that little pistol away,,, I don't care if I was outta line in yours or anybody else's view when it comes to 'hitting women',,, I could care less.

Lol, if she was packin, you can hit her.

Verdict

Reaction score
The girl referenced race if you read the article at the link in the OP.

Yes. I saw that. But what I am saying is Goodell didn't suspend Zeke because he is black. Goodell is a piece of ****, in my humble opinion, but I don't believe race was any part of that decision.

Granted his girlfriend played the race card on him, but to me that only impeaches her credibility even more.

Verdict

Reaction score
What was left out was:

Goodell/NFL

suspended white player 1 game and many black player multiple games after 6-same mandatory policy
suspended white player 1 game with the player admitting DV infractions while admitting the accuser has lied and attempted to falsify evidence and the investigator did not trust her words
admitted commissioner was not there when talking to accuser
admitted did not talk to important witnesses in elliott's favor

As stated, one method to attack the nfl is through the equal opportunity commission. you cannot punish white players less than black players, particularly when the white player admitted guilt while the black player's accuser is proven liar and tried to falsify evidence. And the lying and attempt to falsify evidence was known when the punishment was handed down.

He may have been suspended because he is a cowboy, but not because he is black.

Philmonroe

Reaction score

Ray Rice's finance went after him first, hit him in the chest and spit in his face. Then he hit her with a left hook and knocked her out. Could he claim self defense?
Ok since you can't hit women why are some people whining about the bar fight then since he allegedly hit a man? People just like whining and it's just more known with social media. It's always a moving of the goalposts.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Ok since you can't hit women why are some people whining about the bar fight then since he allegedly hit a man? People just like whining and it's just more known with social media. It's always a moving of the goalposts.

It's really not that you can't hit a woman...but admitting to in self defense just almost never goes over in public. This is what happened to Greg Hardy. It's amazing how the media did their best to avoid these simple facts in his case:

1. *Hardy* called 911 on Holder...not the other way around.

2. Hardy called 911 on Holder for hitting him in the face with a high heel shoe. He also had a puncture wound on his cheek when he was arrested.

3. Holder's friend stated that Holder told her that she was high on coke and drunk.

4. In the 911 call, Holder is begging Hardy to hang up and said she was sorry and didn't want to go to jail.

5. When the police showed up to the lobby of his condo, Holder saw the police and ran away from the police before they finally corralled her.

Despite this Hardy never stood a chance.

Why?

Because he's a man and much larger than Holder. And there was no actual video evidence.

Now, a few years ago there was a case of a 6'6" man on the subway in the Bronx who was harassed by a woman and hit with a high heeled shoe of hers in his face. He turned around and smacked the crap out of her. And all of these men came to her defense even though she harassed him and threw the first punch.

The DA was all ready to prosecute and possibly deport the man. Fortunately, there was a video of an incident showing the woman harassing the man and hitting him in the face with her high heeled shoe. The DA dropped the case (and actually arrested the woman) and most of the press sided with the man. On The View all of the women on the show agreed fully with the man. But, that's because there was a video.

I think it's unfair to assume that EE hit her in self defense. This is a hostile and violent woman who appears to be a pathological liar. I think she may have gotten into another fight with some other woman since she has shown that she likes to fight them.

YR

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
As fans we just don't get enough information to make accurate judgments on things like this.
Elliot could be innocent he could be guilty he could be a little guilty there's no way to know.
I don't know him personally and I don't know Tiffany all we know is is what we read in these little Snippets.
I would rather see Elliott play it makes the games more fun to watch.
I also think six games is too much for what appears to have happened here but if that's the minimum then that's why It is six games.
I think he should have been suspended for personal conduct not DV and something more like two games. I don't think Elliot is totally innocent but I think the sentence here's a little harsh.
If he was suspended for personal conduct for a couple games I don't think the outrage would be as big as it is. What the NFL did though was call him an abuser on her word alone as far as we know. One more incident and he can be banned for life and he's a target now. Anyone that wants to set him up can because of this precedence.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

If you are involved with a crazy woman you have to document it with whatever you have. Have to protect yourself.

goshan

Reaction score
It's really not that you can't hit a woman...but admitting to in self defense just almost never goes over in public. This is what happened to Greg Hardy. It's amazing how the media did their best to avoid these simple facts in his case:

1. *Hardy* called 911 on Holder...not the other way around.

2. Hardy called 911 on Holder for hitting him in the face with a high heel shoe. He also had a puncture wound on his cheek when he was arrested.

3. Holder's friend stated that Holder told her that she was high on coke and drunk.

4. In the 911 call, Holder is begging Hardy to hang up and said she was sorry and didn't want to go to jail.

5. When the police showed up to the lobby of his condo, Holder saw the police and ran away from the police before they finally corralled her.

Despite this Hardy never stood a chance.

Why?

Because he's a man and much larger than Holder. And there was no actual video evidence.

Now, a few years ago there was a case of a 6'6" man on the subway in the Bronx who was harassed by a woman and hit with a high heeled shoe of hers in his face. He turned around and smacked the crap out of her. And all of these men came to her defense even though she harassed him and threw the first punch.

The DA was all ready to prosecute and possibly deport the man. Fortunately, there was a video of an incident showing the woman harassing the man and hitting him in the face with her high heeled shoe. The DA dropped the case (and actually arrested the woman) and most of the press sided with the man. On The View all of the women on the show agreed fully with the man. But, that's because there was a video.

I think it's unfair to assume that EE hit her in self defense. This is a hostile and violent woman who appears to be a pathological liar. I think she may have gotten into another fight with some other woman since she has shown that she likes to fight them.

YR

It is almost impossible for a Man to claim self defense, regardless of having a video. Go back and look at the Ray Rice video. She attacked him first, hit his chest, pushed him, and spit in his face. Then he decked her with a left hook. Nobody, I mean nobody, was talking Self Defense. If it were a man doing that to him, it would have been self defense for sure.

Similar to the OU football player (RB) last year. The girl in the bar got in his face and pushed him. He punched her, broke her nose. Video evidence showed she initiated the physical contact, but there was no discussion of self defense.