News: PFT: Ezekiel Elliott’s agent: Findings are replete with factual inaccuracies, erroneous

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Pulling the girl's top down in public will be Zeke's downfall. Whenever something is captured on tape it becomes much more powerful. Even if the girl consented there may have been others there who were offended. The domestic violence charge from what I've read, on the other hand, is bogus. Zeke needs to realize his actions directly affect his teammates, as well as tens of millions of fans. And I agree that Goodell needs to go after his term expires.

I'm offended by this entire witch hunt. Somebody needs to make me feel better!!! Lol

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Not really. Putting Zeke aside. The league should be tougher on DV and other violations of the personal code of conduct. We shouldn't be praising an earlier, slap on the wrist, extraordinarily lenient punishment. If both parties were found to be guilty we should hope the punishment is closer to 6 games than closer to 1 game.

It should also be noted that Brown was subsequently released and has not played an NFL game since.

Not sure how you can justify 1 game for someone who had documented his years of DV and admitted to it compared to 6 games where police investigators have provided statements that the accusations were false based on the accuser, texts from the accusers best friend, and that the photos did not tie to the time of the supposed assault yet the super investigators at the NFL where able to find proof of DV that the DAs office couldn't.

As for noting that Brown is no longer playing in the NFL, that supports my claim for collusion to Black ball players.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
So can someone explain how you get suspended for violating a league policy when you weren't part of the league?

Jstopper

Reaction score
So can someone explain how you get suspended for violating a league policy when you weren't part of the league?

People keep asking this question it has been answered 100 times. The supposed incident took place in July. Zeke signed his contract in May. So at the time of this "incident" he was indeed a league employee

tomsanders921

Reaction score
If there was domestic violence, then I'm glad he got suspended. But the nfl needs to provide factual evidence that there was indeed domestic violence by zeke. They can't just say well you can't prove that she got the marks from someone else so you are getting suspended.
If that's the case, and they don't release any factual evidence, couldn't they be held accountable for some sort of defamation of character lawsuit?
To the general public, it's going to look like zeke is 100% guilty, thus the suspension. So he will forever be viewed as a woman beater. I just don't see how they can leave it as is. I would think they would have to reveal evidence that proves he is guilty. It's not like the average Joe getting fired from his job for an accusation. You are publicly saying to the world that zeke is a woman beater.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
People keep asking this question it has been answered 100 times. The supposed incident took place in July. Zeke signed his contract in May. So at the time of this "incident" he was indeed a league employee
It's cool, @CyberB0b and I are gonna watch The Lost Boys this weekend and re-enact the saxophone scene together. There will be a mutual understanding after that, I'm sure.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
The more I've found out about this the more 2 things have become apparent.

1. Zeke's innocence isn't as obvious as I once believed.

2. His guilt isn't nearly as obvious as the league is trying to portray.

The league wanted a 'win' in the DV column where they've posted so many losses.

Zeke's not an angel, but there simply isn't enough here that this is warranted.

The stakes aren't as high as a criminal investigation, so the burden of proof is lower.

But what is to stop Zeke from suing the league for branding him with something that they cannot actually prove?

Not only is he losing game money, he's probably lost any chance at endorsements in the present or future.

pancakeman

Reaction score
Newsbot didn't get the memo not to start new Zeke threads.
robot-animated-gif-image-4.gif

jrumann59

Reaction score
What stops Zeke for personally going after goodell. Or suing the NFL for abuse of power. At what point does the feds step in threaten to pull the anti trust exemption due to too many shenanigans

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
What stops Zeke for personally going after goodell. Or suing the NFL for abuse of power. At what point does the feds step in threaten to pull the anti trust exemption due to too many shenanigans

Slander and libel cases are extremely difficult to prove. Even Jesse Ventura won because he had clear evidence that Chris Kyle lied and then got screwed over on a technicality that was the court's fault to begin with.

The best EE can do is go to court and not get suspended and hope that he has enough proof in the process to show that Goodell is such a negligent imbecile that the rest of the owners say they have enough with this clown. As far as getting money off this, he may be able to go after the Columbus DA and Thompson herself.

YR

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
He was only released AFTER the media caught the league and Giants perpetuating a sham investigation of the guy.

Also, there was way more evidence in his case than Elliott's.
He should have received a harsher initial sentence yes. My dispute (if we could call it that) is people complaining Zeke got 6 games while Brown only got 1. The outrage should be at Brown's 1 game irrespective of Zeke.

jday

Reaction score
I thought I read that the NFL explicitly said that while they looked at the St Patty day incident and thought it showed poor judgement, it did not factor in the decision to suspend for 6 games. If that is the case, they cannot come back and say well, yes our findings were factual inaccurate but we can still suspend you two games for the St Patty day incident.
That may be. All of my information is secondhand between what is being said on the radio and reported online. That said, according to what I heard, the St. Patty's day incident was being lumped in with the other conduct issues from a year ago, but the fight in the club incident was still under review. The individual who was explaining this went on to say they might use that incident to try and make him accept the 6 game suspension. Example: If you fight us on this, we'll go for more time suspended using that incident to justify it.

That's just what I heard, so don't kill the messenger.

sacase

Reaction score
Slander and libel cases are extremely difficult to prove. Even Jesse Ventura won because he had clear evidence that Chris Kyle lied and then got screwed over on a technicality that was the court's fault to begin with.

The best EE can do is go to court and not get suspended and hope that he has enough proof in the process to show that Goodell is such a negligent imbecile that the rest of the owners say they have enough with this clown. As far as getting money off this, he may be able to go after the Columbus DA and Thompson herself.

YR
I get that Libel is difficult to prove, but Zeke can argue that he was not arrested, charged, nor convicted of DV and that the NFL has committed libel and hurt his potential for endorsements. The NFL has really put a scarlet letter around Zeke's neck..

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score

YR

I would love to see EE beat the NFL in court and show the entire league that Goodell is useless. The Personal Conduct Policy is garbage and the mere fact Elliott was never charged with a crime should be enough. Things have to change. The NFL is a communist organization with how it treats it's players.

thisiscowboyscountry

Reaction score
If they were going to suspend him it should have been wrapped up a long time ago. Its unfair to do it 3 or 4 weeks before the season. The Cowboys may have done nothing different in the off-season, but hey maybe in free agency they consider signing Peterson, maybe they draft another RB, or whomever. They still have some great options on the roster fortunately, but the NFLs management of this case is terrible.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I get that Libel is difficult to prove, but Zeke can argue that he was not arrested, charged, nor convicted of DV and that the NFL has committed libel and hurt his potential for endorsements. The NFL has really put a scarlet letter around Zeke's neck..

And league would argue that they had a Columbus DA that told them that he generally believed everything Thompson said and they punished him in accordance to the conduct policy. The case would get laughed out of court.

YR

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
That is the biggest travesty in all of this and amazed that the media, the activist groups and everyone else has not made a big issue about it. The only reasonable justification they could possibly give is that the 32 NFL teams have agreed to not hire him once we was released. The problem with that defense, is that would be collusion to Black ball a player which would give Colin K.the proof he needed to justify why he is not in the NFL even as a back up.
Over 20 incidents of abuse... over 20.

Pictures of bruises. A written admission of guilt.

One game.

They can't say "other things" aside from this bc TWENTY+ DV incidents in the Brown case.

How are this and fender benders & St Patrick's day thing (where the woman didn't file any kind of complaint) = 6 games

but over 20 DV incidents = 1 game.

The league & investigators will have to explain this.