News: PFT: Ezekiel Elliott’s agent: Findings are replete with factual inaccuracies, erroneous

jday

Reaction score
I thought I read that the NFL explicitly said that while they looked at the St Patty day incident and thought it showed poor judgement, it did not factor in the decision to suspend for 6 games. If that is the case, they cannot come back and say well, yes our findings were factual inaccurate but we can still suspend you two games for the St Patty day incident.
Btb has a copy of the letter sent to Zeke. It was included.

links18

Reaction score
If I was Zeke and the Cowboys I would fight this to the bone. There is no way this should be a suspension. So what if he pulled down some girls top. She didn't even press charges and Im sure there are other players who have done far worst with no penalties whatsoever. Just ask the kicker that plays for the Giants.

He pulled down her shirt in a public place where little kiddies might see and its on tape. It was a stupid thing to do and evidences someone with bad personal judgment. Its worth a one game suspension. But six games for something with no tangible evidence, contradictory statements and a failure to prosecute is just insane. This kind of arbitrary, capricious and downright stupid decision should be more of an eyesore to the league in this case than any perceived failure to punish unproven allegations of DV. At some point, someone has to stand up for a fair process--whether it is a matter of law or employment discipline.

newera

Reaction score
So the letter to Zeke says that the minimum number of games for violence against a woman is 6 games if no other mitigating or aggravating factors are present. The same letter cited multiple incidents as a reason for the suspension while also referencing the St Patricks Day incident as establishing a disturbing pattern of behavior (although they say he will not be punished for it). They find that no aggravating or mitigating factors were present though...

How are these things not contradictory?

Last edited:

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
He pulled down her shirt in a public place where little kiddies might see and its on tape. It was a stupid thing to do and evidences someone with bad personal judgment. Its worth a one game suspension. But six games for something with no tangible evidence, contradictory statements and a failure to prosecute is just insane. This kind of arbitrary, capricious and downright stupid decision should be more of an eyesore to the league in this case than any perceived failure to punish unproven allegations of DV. At some point, someone has to stand up for a fair process--whether it is a matter of law or employment discipline.

Yeah ok. I'll go along with the pulling down the shirt public thing. For me its not a big deal. But if they suspend him a game for that so be it.

But for 6 games in which everything is nothing more than false accusation is going to far. Heck Ray Rice only got 4 games suspension and Josh Brown only had a game suspension while he did much worst than Zeke ever did.

csirl

Reaction score
Dont shoot the messenger here.

The reality is that we all know very little about these allegations. None of us are in a position to say if 6 games is appropriate. Most of the evidence is of a personal nature whereby neither party can put it in the public domain. We only have those snippets that were voluntarily put in the public domain by the parties. NFL itself cannot release evidence obtained in confidence to the public.

What I am worried about is that we have a lot invested in a very talented athlete who in his first year in the league has been linked to 3 incidents. We've all seen many an NFL career go rapidly downhill by players always being "in the wrong place at the wrong time". Zeke needs some mentoring to keep his focus on his job - to destroy the Gnats, 'Skins etc on the field.

OldCoach

Reaction score
I'm talking about her 911 call. It was over the events of the 22nd. He's being suspended over previous events. Why would she call them over her made up story and not over the real one. Or am I off? That call was after the night where she was proven to be lying. So the NFLs position is that this young woman called the police over fakd claims while staying silent about the actual abuses. I'm calling bs on that.
Awesome signature at bottom

diefree666

Reaction score

The reality is that we all know very little about these allegations. None of us are in a position to say if 6 games is appropriate. Most of the evidence is of a personal nature whereby neither party can put it in the public domain. We only have those snippets that were voluntarily put in the public domain by the parties. NFL itself cannot release evidence obtained in confidence to the public.

What I am worried about is that we have a lot invested in a very talented athlete who in his first year in the league has been linked to 3 incidents. We've all seen many an NFL career go rapidly downhill by players always being "in the wrong place at the wrong time". Zeke needs some mentoring to keep his focus on his job - to destroy the Gnats, 'Skins etc on the field.

so you are saying the Columbus Police department is incompetent but the NFL is not.

By the way one of the primary rights of an accused is to be able to confront the accuser and all evidence against him. You say the NFL can hide evidence; thus claiming there is something when an unbiased onlooker would say that is nothing.

Your way leads to Kangaroo Courts and Star Chambers. Think about that.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score

This is not accurate. They released their evidence. It wasn't much. Turns out they were looking for Zeke to fill in the blanks.

csirl

Reaction score
so you are saying the Columbus Police department is incompetent but the NFL is not.

By the way one of the primary rights of an accused is to be able to confront the accuser and all evidence against him. You say the NFL can hide evidence; thus claiming there is something when an unbiased onlooker would say that is nothing.

Your way leads to Kangaroo Courts and Star Chambers. Think about that.

The evidence isnt hidden from Zeke, just the rest of us. Hearing was behind closed doors so we dont know that Zeke wasnt given tbe chance to confront the evidence.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Actions speak louder than words. Let's see what this young man is made of.