News: PFT: Jason Garrett: Dez Bryant didn’t handle that the right way

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
All these incidents/stories involving Hardy and Dez are reminiscent of the TO days.

we should be used to it by now. Jerry's Boyz. Someone go find a team full of choir boys if they don't have the skin to deal with it as a fan. Not pointing to you Sasquatch just piggybacking on your comment least you be mistaken.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
How to act professionally... nod head, clap hands, pat a player on the butt. Repeat as necessary.

PAINFROMUKRAINE

Reaction score
I wish Garrett would just not address it. Bryant is one of the best players on the team. Support the player and not the stupid media. I do not see Dez telling the media that Garrett has not handled the last 6 games properly and “It’s a great teaching opportunity for us as players and a great learning opportunity for the coaches".

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
The sooner Dez learns to shut his big mouth...the better off he will be. My biggest fear was this guy getting paid...and then becoming uncontrollable....and that is exactly what is happening. Act like a professional.:mad:

I thought players could say what they wanted, hell when the Eagle players were ripping on Hardy, they allegedly were allowed

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
The sooner Dez learns to shut his big mouth...the better off he will be. My biggest fear was this guy getting paid...and then becoming uncontrollable....and that is exactly what is happening. Act like a professional.:mad:

Dez is stupid enough to pattern his behavior after Hardy.

Either that, or Dez decided he needed some of the attention hardy half been getting.

There are some sure things in life: Death, taxes and stupid, loud athletes.

erod

Reaction score
The more he takes the bait, the more they're going to bait the hook.

Just stop taking the bait.

I still don't understand why Dez went off on Richard Klemko. And this all originated because Dez was mad at JJT for writing that Richard Sherman handled him in the Seattle game. What was wrong about that?

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Yeah, I like Garrett....BUT, this is becoming spineless. I understand not making a big deal out of it. Sometime it's perfectly fine to Belichik some reporters and straight up fire back with a "why are we talking about this?" He's giving this way too much attention and energy.

Perfectly said, stop with the PC non sense and just ignore the noise. Teachable moment???? Are you kidding me?? Like Bellichek or Coughlin would ever say that.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey, all. This is a juicy topic, and JG's response to it is highly relevant, but please be careful not to let it devolve into a rant thread about the HC. We've got plenty of those in a little place we like to call the Jason Garrett Rant Zone. Some of you may have heard of it.

Thanks.

31smackdown

Reaction score
Didn't anyone here actually watch the press conference? The media asked him about the incident for 4.5 minutes out of the 5 minute conference. They were trying to get him to apologize to the media.. asking him questions like what do you want to say to the "public" about the incident? after he had already answer 3 times. He said Dez should not have been put in that position and if he finds himself in that position or incited by someone's actions that he should just walk away . He was not siding with the media at all, he was actually defending Dez. He said it was not because they are losing, but it was an isolated incident, which I took to mean that Dez was reacting to what, or what he thought, was said. The media couldn't even think of any football questions to ask other than about injuries after the witch trial.

CowboyGil

Reaction score
Dez's problem is that he takes it ALL personally and to heart. And they use that against him. He hasn't learned to treat the media like what they are: An obligatory annoyance.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Dez is stupid enough to pattern his behavior after Hardy.

Either that, or Dez decided he needed some of the attention hardy half been getting.

There are some sure things in life: Death, taxes and stupid, loud athletes.

did you have an issue when Irvin was loud and dumb?

DenCWBY

Reaction score
This would have been a great opportunity for Jason to stop clapping and maybe throw a chair at a table and whoops some butt at a meeting. Oh well, I am sure the teachable moment worked great...

This. This could have been a moment where JG turned it back to the media but he played the usual company kiss ***. His robotic lines "We don't teach this, We don't condone this behavior. We don't act this way" is getting old and coward like.
Say something like, "Hell we're in 6 game losing streak and we're about to explode with frustration. Dez has been hurt and he's like a caged animal and he's very passionate. That is his personality. As Dez said, you media people get it right. Next question". He had the opportunity to get behind Dez and Hardy for that matter without outright supporting the specific issue. What Hardy said was overboard but as a coach you can walk the middle line instead of this Corp HR BS. "We'll talk to him and put him in a corner with his back turned to the wall until he fits our DC mold", was his basic response.
Sorry JG we do not have 53 Jason Wittens so pull your head out and use your onions to back your players frustrations. It may just send an "us against the world" message for the rest of the team to pull their losing mentality out of this slump. They may have your back when nut cutting time comes around if this slump does not subside. Just sayin.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
I'm Dez's camp on this one (Hardy's for that matter as well). More people need to go off on the media the way Dez did. They act as if they are above reproach and accountability.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
absolutely dont care what players do or say off the field...only thing i care if they're on the field at kickoff.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Maybe if JG would control the media like Belicheck or Carroll, Dez wouldn't be put in that position. Jason's way of doing things has led to One winning season in his entire time with the Cowboys. His players are being put in positions they don't need to be in, because he hasn't taken control of the way the media handles the team.

Yup.

Garrett is getting into the mode of coach where his players are going to stop respecting him for this and they are going to just be there to do their job. Getting upset with Hardy because he used the word 'coming out guns blazing' and saying that the most popular supermodel in the past 20 years is attractive, won't cut it for players. Getting upset with Hardy because he dared put down 'innocent until proven guilty' on his Twitter account won't get over with players.

If there's somebody that needs to keep their mouth shut it's Garrett. If you don't like how the situation is going, control the actual locker room so this nonsense doesn't happen.

YR