News: PFT: Jason Garrett: Dez Bryant didn’t handle that the right way

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
And we can learn about teachable moments. I have some of these same great learning opportunity conversations with my 6 & 8 yr old. :D

Yeah, that comes across as very condescending-especially to mid-20yr old multimillionaires

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
So, he should just sit back while the media makes up lies and vilifies him? It's one thing if he doesn't like them saying he needs to show up on the field, but to flat out demonize him (which has been done several time now) is irresponsible.

Media attacks...Click bait= Same thing. Just better to ignore;)

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
For once I'd like to see our FO stand by our players. Whether its Hardy or Dez or anyone else. They are only human and being so PC like Garrett is doesn't really solve the problem and only makes it worst.

The players maybe right or wrong - but going to the media to handle something like this just adds more fuel to the fire.

Dez is a football player and he comes from the streets and from a poor home who suddenly found success in football because of his God given talent.

While Garrett on the other hand, got everything handed to him on the silver platter. Did he really deserve to be coachfter they canned coach cupcake? He was nothing more than a QB coach and all of a sudden he becomes the headcoach of the Cowboys.

When the NFL came down hard on Brady I didn't hear Bellicheck or Kraft saying that Brady was wrong and that he shouldn't have done what he did. They stood by him and even got his back against the NFL. That is called treating your players with respect and dignity no matter the circumstance.

What has Garrett done to help his players? Clap and chew gum on the sidelines? Leadership is born from adversity. But all I see is Garrett succumbing to pressure.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
For once I'd like to see our FO stand by our players. Whether its Hardy or Dez or anyone else. They are only human and being so PC like Garrett is doesn't really solve the problem and only makes it worst.

The players maybe right or wrong - but going to the media to handle something like this just adds more fuel to the fire.

Dez is a football player and he comes from the streets and from a poor home who suddenly found success in football because of his God given talent.

While Garrett on the other hand, got everything handed to him on the silver platter. Did he really deserve to be coachfter they canned coach cupcake? He was nothing more than a QB coach and all of a sudden he becomes the headcoach of the Cowboys.

When the NFL came down hard on Brady I didn't hear Bellicheck or Kraft saying that Brady was wrong and that he shouldn't have done what he did. They stood by him and even got his back against the NFL. That is called treating your players with respect and dignity no matter the circumstance.

What has Garrett done to help his players? Clap and chew gum on the sidelines? Leadership is born from adversity. But all I see is Garrett succumbing to pressure.

We have no idea what goes on in private, but Garrett does not pour any gas on any fire in public. He just takes all the oxygen away so the fire can die and he moves on.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Garrett needs to stand up for his players instead of acting like the PC police. He is not a kindergarten teacher handing out life lessons. His team will turn on him if he keeps making them look bad.

Let's say Hardy is innocent. I guess he isn't allowed even one tweet that says so. He is such an animal that he should just take every single thing that every single person says about him with a smile. Doesn't matter if they are right or wrong. The mob has spoken.

If JJT is allowed to trash Dez and then walk around the locker room with impunity things will only get worse. Someone needs to kick JJT out of there if he is going to take cheap shots at Dez and Hardy. And if the team thinks the players are out of line then keep it in house and that means all the way. Don't tell the media that they got a 'talking to'.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
We have no idea what goes on in private, but Garrett does not pour any gas on any fire in public. He just takes all the oxygen away so the fire can die and he moves on.

Then keep it all private. He doesn't have to acknowledge anything to the media. Belichick just says we are focusing on TB and that's it. He treats the media like the nuisance that they are and gets away with it. The national media will never give DAL a fair shake, so cut them off.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is one, again, where it pays to listen to what he actually said in its entirety. Especially when he refers to the situation where the reporter 'incited' the incident and the pointed references to the state of journalism today. It's pretty clear what he's getting at.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
I don't blame Dez or Hardy or any other miscreant on the team who thinks we need to hear there rants.

Jason Garrett has lost the respect of his team and in turn has lost control of the the team.

Time for Jerra to end the JG esperiment.

its getting to be that time...........

I hope it doesnt happen. I like JG. I wanted him to do well.....I thought he had a real chance.

But, ................something aint smellin right in denmark...............

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
its getting to be that time...........

I hope it doesnt happen. I like JG. I wanted him to do well.....I thought he had a real chance.

But, ................something aint smellin right in denmark...............

Or Farmers Branch!:eek:

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
So a man getting tired of unfair criticism means he's a thug?

Nope...a man getting tired of justifiable criticism cursing, getting up in people's face, mad-dogging people from his own organization, making threats, and generally acting like a rude and clueless brute means he is showing a lot of bad behaviors. Since all of these aforementioned behaviors fit snugly under the thug umbrella, we will save ourselves some time and say instead "Hey, Dez was acting like a thug who gives less than a DAMN because he got his big payday."

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
A day after Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant lashed out at a reporter in the locker room, coach Jason Garrett acknowledged that he had to give Bryant and the rest of the team a talking-to about conducting themselves like professionals. “It’s a great teaching opportunity for us as coaches and a great learning opportunity for Dez…http://youwillnotrackme2.net/b.gif?host=profootballtalk.nbcsports.com&blog=&post=2362122&subd=nbcprofootballtalk&ref=&feed=1

Continue reading...

Dez shouldve clapped and given the atta boy fist

Stryker44

Reaction score
A day after Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant lashed out at a reporter in the locker room, coach Jason Garrett acknowledged that he had to give Bryant and the rest of the team a talking-to about conducting themselves like professionals. “It’s a great teaching opportunity for us as coaches and a great learning opportunity for Dez…http://youwillnotrackme2.net/b.gif?host=profootballtalk.nbcsports.com&blog=&post=2362122&subd=nbcprofootballtalk&ref=&feed=1

Continue reading...

Yet he allows this guy to play on Sundays.

DallasInDC

Reaction score

Kinda like how he responds to a 6 game losing streak...."move along everyone nothing to see here....we're working on a process so just disregard the 6 game losing streak"

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

Sorry but he just did. He just added fuel to the fire with his remarks about Dez. If he really wanted to smother the fire he can just say that "this has nothing to do with football, next question."

There.....fire out.