PFT: Jeff Bezos hires firm to consider bid for Commanders

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Yes... Jimmy was better than them. But he still didn't build an NFL championship team without Jerry.
Yes he did. Jerry provided the money. That's all. Jimmy could have found a number of owners that would have done that. Jimmy was one of the hottest college coaches in the late 80's. He was going to the NFL even if there was no JJ. What would have happened to the Cowboys if Jimmy never came here and Jerry played GM right from the start? We'd be all talking about those great Landry teams from the 70's because Jerry wouldn't have won squat. Jerry has been living off those 90 teams for 30 years. Hard to believe there are still some people who believe him.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Well last I checked, Jerry was the owner and GM of the Dallas Cowboys since 1989. Google the responsibilities of an NFL GM and their you'll find out what Jerry also did.

Illuminated!

Now tell me what else did Jimmy win without Jerry. Please... Illuminate us....
Jerry was GM in name only those first few years. Jimmy was really the GM. They both even admit this.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
Well last I checked, Jerry was the owner and GM of the Dallas Cowboys since 1989. Google the responsibilities of an NFL GM and their you'll find out what Jerry also did.

Illuminated!

Now tell me what else did Jimmy win without Jerry. Please... Illuminate us....
Stephen ? Is that you ? You know Jerry did nothing but sign checks and get the players he was told to when Jimmy was there. When Jimmy left and Jerry decided on players and coaches he has won nothing in 28 years. Jimmy was with Miami for 4 years and took them to playoffs 3 of those years. Jimmy had the walker trade here and had the ammo to get great talent; which he didn’t have at Miami. Jimmy has proven he can win, Jerry is a loser. Your argument is a loser too because we have 28 years of proof Jerry knows squat about football. Give it up.

GINeric

Reaction score
Stephen ? Is that you ? You know Jerry did nothing but sign checks and get the players he was told to when Jimmy was there. When Jimmy left and Jerry decided on players and coaches he has won nothing in 28 years. Jimmy was with Miami for 4 years and took them to playoffs 3 of those years. Jimmy had the walker trade here and had the ammo to get great talent; which he didn’t have at Miami. Jimmy has proven he can win, Jerry is a loser. Your argument is a loser too because we have 28 years of proof Jerry knows squat about football. Give it up.

I'll just say this. They built those teams together. Jimmy was an excellent coach, but he didn't leave the franchise and win another championship on his own like Parcells or Andy Reid.

You mentioned that Jimmy went to the playoffs without Jerry... woo hoooo!!! Guess what... Jerry went to the playoffs many times without Jerry. I could get technical and say Jerry won another Superbowl without Jimmy.

Again, they both had their best success together. Jerry didn't pull off another Superbowl like those coaches I've previously listed.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
I'll just say this. They built those teams together. Jimmy was an excellent coach, but he didn't leave the franchise and win another championship on his own like Parcells or Andy Reid.

You mentioned that Jimmy went to the playoffs without Jerry... woo hoooo!!! Guess what... Jerry went to the playoffs many times without Jerry. I could get technical and say Jerry won another Superbowl without Jimmy.

Again, they both had their best success together. Jerry didn't pull off another Superbowl like those coaches I've previously listed.
You, me, or a bright chimpanzee could have signed the checks and done what Jimmy told us. We still would have won 3 Super Bowls. Heck, had we not screwed up the relationship with Jimmy, like Jerry did, we would have won 4 Super bowls in a row. If you don’t see that I’m starting to suspect you are a Johnny walker distributor.

GINeric

Reaction score
You, me, or a bright chimpanzee could have signed the checks and done what Jimmy told us. We still would have won 3 Super Bowls. Heck, had we not screwed up the relationship with Jimmy, like Jerry did, we would have won 4 Super bowls in a row. If you don’t see that I’m starting to suspect you are a Johnny walker distributor.

They both had their best success together.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
This has officially gotten messy..........ole Danny is saying, I'll sell but Congress will still be on my ________. Who's paying for that, I'm not (LOL). He apparently saying he wanna walk away while getting full value for his team, free of any legal liability or other owners compensate him for any financial loss. In other words, dig in, this going to take some time.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
And Jimmy picked his players in Miami his first years there. Where did he have the best success at???

Exactly....
He didn't have total control in Miami. He dcouldn't build that team the way he wanted.That was Dan Marino's team. He couldn't get rid of him. And despite that he made the playoffs in 3 of his 4 years. People act like he was a big failure in Miami. He made the playoffs 3 straght years. When's the last time the Cowboys have?

GINeric

Reaction score
He didn't have total control in Miami. He dcouldn't build that team the way he wanted.That was Dan Marino's team. He couldn't get rid of him. And despite that he made the playoffs in 3 of his 4 years. People act like he was a big failure in Miami. He made the playoffs 3 straght years. When's the last time the Cowboys have?
I never said he was a failure in Miami. I see that you said he couldn't build a that team the way that he wanted to. Do you have a link to show why he didn't build this team the way he wanted to?

I've heard other excuses as to why he was unable to duplicate Superbowl success in Miami the way some here say he "built by himself" in Dallas.