PFT: Jeff Bezos hires firm to consider bid for Commanders

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Jerry Jones is and will end up being a 10x better NFL owner then Jeff Bezos will ever be. See - the big problem is, you read that as well as my first post as - "Jerry Jones is the best owner of all time".. in fact many of you haters read it as that because you can't get over your pure rage of the owner of your favorite football team. Literally all I said was...It could be worse, we could have Jeff Bezos run our team. I think that is a VERY fair statement and I'm willing to bet a lot of money Bezos never touches 3 SB wins like Jerry has. You and the cronies asking me what I'm smoking are the angry bitter people. All I've said is.. Jerry Jones > Jeff Bezos. I don't think that warrants pure hate from all you haters, in fact I think I've got a much better case then you for that being true.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Thanks for highlighting all the key points in my post. I'll do that for you going forward if it helps? I kind of like making people squirm from time to time so here I go.

Jerry Jones has owned the Dallas Cowboys for a majority of their existence. In that time he has the 2nd most wins of any owner..:muttley:

SEETHE

Oh..P.S I'd take him over the book club owner Jeff Bezos too...I don't mean to ruin your day, you do that yourself. Jerry doesn't need to do this to you. Fix it.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Good. Their name will change back and they will still stink. Fine by me.
I doubt their name will change regardless of who owns it. Wouldn't surprise me if the league would have to approve of such things and nobody is going to approve of something like. No to mention the fact that he's the new guy who is single-handedly worth as much as the entire league. People should let the name thing go. It's settled.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks for highlighting all the key points in my post. I'll do that for you going forward if it helps?
Certainly. Start with this post.

Your opinion: "I think Jerry Jones is and will end up being a 10x better NFL owner than Jeff Bezos will ever be."

Let the assumption be that a portion of this opinion is based upon the franchise winning three Super Bowls during Jerry Jones' ownership. It should be noted you added a supplemental opinion of, "I'm willing to bet a lot of money Bezos never touches 3 SB wins like Jerry has."

Applying the logical assumption to the present day:

Jeff Bezos has zero NFL championships
Jerry Jones has three NFL championships

Ergo, Jerry Jones the owner is 10 times better than Jeff Bezos the hypothetical owner.

Applying the logical assumption to the present day using two non-hypothetical NFL owners:

Robert Kraft has six NFL championships

The sum difference in NFL championships between Jones and Kraft is three or a differential increase of 100%.

Conclusion: Robert Kraft the owner is 20 times better than Jeff Bezos the hypothetical owner. Consequently, Robert Kraft the owner is 10 times better than Jerry Jones the owner.

Correct, yes? If yes, I would assume Jones is not the standard in regards to NFL owners towards which Bezos should strive to be and, in your words, will never successfully match or exceed.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Because I'd rather have an owner who cares then someone like Jeff Bezos? Yall need to put your hatred of Jerry energy into something positive.
I will take an owner who doesn't care and just hires a GM an a team that can be held accountable vs an owner who "cares" but won't get out of his own way that has been a huge failure for almost 3 decades holding this franchise back. That's my opinion. It's great Jerry cares but what has that done for the Dallas Cowboys?

MaineBoy

Reaction score
They BOTH built those championship teams. Jimmy should thank Jerry as well. If it was all Jimmy's doing, he would have repeated the same thing in Miami, but he didn't. Jerry won another one without him though.

Jimmy was a great coach, no doubt. But Jerry deserves his credit in those successful years as well. They did it together.
All Jerry did is sign the checks. And don’t debate me on it because I have 27 years of proof it was Jimmy. In Miami, Jimmy was stuck with an old Marino and no Hershel to get draft picks with.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
You know what...people hate Jerry Jones but when you actually think about Jeff Bezos owning your football team it makes you actually appreciate Jerry. Jerry was just an oil dude who loved everything about football so he bought a team. Jeff Bezos is some dude that just wants to own a team to say he owns a team. No thanks.
Bull crap...... I would love Bezos to buy the Boys from Jerry ....... At least we know he would not be playing fantasy football as pretend GM

blueblood70

Reaction score
You know what...people hate Jerry Jones but when you actually think about Jeff Bezos owning your football team it makes you actually appreciate Jerry. Jerry was just an oil dude who loved everything about football so he bought a team. Jeff Bezos is some dude that just wants to own a team to say he owns a team. No thanks.
More than loved football, he played it HS, college ie wasnt he and Jimmy on the NT ARK team in college? also his grandkids also playing. Its a passion and a lifestyle. not just an investment, thats not why he bought is team , just because hes great at Marketing and making money , many here have it twisted saying that all he cares about,

blueblood70

Reaction score
All Jerry did is sign the checks. And don’t debate me on it because I have 27 years of proof it was Jimmy. In Miami, Jimmy was stuck with an old Marino and no Hershel to get draft picks with.
WRONG, it was his relationship and his passion for football that Hired Jimmy and he was as important as jimmy , no proof. sorry none needed he was the owner and gm same then as in now. Those deals and trades were great timing with luck thrown in..hard to do now much different FA and Cap hurdles and players moving a lot..

the likelihood that Jimmy stayed and done any more than the 2 Switzer years ie a NFCCG and a SB added was almost nill.. he like Parcells left early never overstayed at places and needed more challenges. Jimmy would most likely have left after that anyway, so what we accomplished with him and 2 years following, that was it in mosts opinions who knew Jimmy to be facts..

Cowfan75

Reaction score
I doubt their name will change regardless of who owns it. Wouldn't surprise me if the league would have to approve of such things and nobody is going to approve of something like. No to mention the fact that he's the new guy who is single-handedly worth as much as the entire league. People should let the name thing go. It's settled.
If the Chiefs can still be the Chiefs, then the No-Names can be the "mean word" again.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Certainly. Start with this post.

Your opinion: "I think Jerry Jones is and will end up being a 10x better NFL owner than Jeff Bezos will ever be."

Let the assumption be that a portion of this opinion is based upon the franchise winning three Super Bowls during Jerry Jones' ownership. It should be noted you added a supplemental opinion of, "I'm willing to bet a lot of money Bezos never touches 3 SB wins like Jerry has."

Applying the logical assumption to the present day:

Jeff Bezos has zero NFL championships

Ergo, Jerry Jones the owner is 10 times better than Jeff Bezos the hypothetical owner.

Applying the logical assumption to the present day using two non-hypothetical NFL owners:

Robert Kraft has six NFL championships

The sum difference in NFL championships between Jones and Kraft is three or a differential increase of 100%.

Conclusion: Robert Kraft the owner is 20 times better than Jeff Bezos the hypothetical owner. Consequently, Robert Kraft the owner is 10 times better than Jerry Jones the owner.

Correct, yes? If yes, I would assume Jones is not the standard in regards to NFL owners towards which Bezos should strive to be and, in your words, will never successfully match or exceed.
I'd argue being the owner with the 2 most sb wins makes it a standard amongst nfl owners. To be fair under your logic though, Kraft isn't a very good owner. It was only because of Belichick and Brady he ever won anything. Either way, Jeff Bezos will never come close to Jerry Jones when it comes to owning an NFL team. Jerry is one of the most well know humans in America BECAUSE of his sucess with his football team.

Ironically, we argue this but Bezos also doesn't give 2 craps about being a good owner in the NFL. He is going to buy them just to stretch his roots deeper into the American culture. I have a feeling I could say Jerry is a better owner then Dan Snyder and you'd tell me I'm wrong so this argument is pretty moot.

J817

Reaction score
Are u kidding? I would take a billionaire who just wants say he owns a team and then hires football minds to run the team all day everyday before I take a Jerry Jones scenario.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Are u kidding? I would take a billionaire who just wants say he owns a team and then hires football minds to run the team all day everyday before I take a Jerry Jones scenario.

Well the good news is you have your chance. Go for it. You'd get mad if I said Jerry is a better owner then hitler would of been. Your hate for the owner with the 2nd most wins in all of football is not healthy.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Is it a conflict of interest or some legal issue with Bezos broadcasting/streaming games, and owning a NFL Franchise?
Not really. Vertical integration does not violate antitrust. Not that they give a damn about horizontal integration either.

It makes good sense for the NFL if they can work out a deal for cheap streaming of more games. They all make more money.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
It was nice not having the worst ownership in the NFC East.

Back to the basement for P.T. Barnum and Cap Boy.