News: PFT: Jerry Jones accuses Arthur Blank of lying about Goodell extension

khiladi

Reaction score
Kraft is smart enough to know that his relationship with Roger is more valuable than a 4 game Brady suspension. Belichick and Brady are just temporary figures in the long run. Dan Patrick and others have mentioned that Spygate could have really done major damage to the league. It was collusion on all the owners part to let it go with a slap on the hand because a real investigation would have been bad in terms of revenue. It as cheating at the highest level. There is no doubt that the Patriots have cheated in other ways, all the claims from other teams/players probably have some truth to them. They have always employed an idiot savant named Ernie Adams who does nothing more than angle shoot for "advantages".

I agree with the exception Ernie Adams being an idiot. He’s a genius and the right-hand man of Bellichek. He’s to guy that told Butler to watch for the route and throw and I think he may have been the guy that came up with the WR ineligibile-eligible plays during the year if Deflategate which is what really PO’d the Ravens a week before the deflated balls incident..

robjay04

Reaction score
So, we give a guy $200 million for presiding over the NFL where the league is starting to see a substantial decline in ratings and attendance and the public image is reaching an all time low and we want to give him another $200 million despite advertisers fleeing the league and the fact is that by his very own presence as commissioner it will cause a work stoppage in 2021.

Great logic there, fellas.

YR

They will only learn when advertisement prices fall which thus far hasn’t happened.

khiladi

Reaction score
I would also point out the Patriots have been getting love from CBS ever since they got the rights back from the NFL and before the Pats started winning so much. They were their darling from day 1 it seems.

Kraft and his ties to Viacom are a strong explanation for this.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
I agree with the exception Ernie Adams being an idiot. He’s a genius and the right-hand man of Bellichek. He’s to guy that told Butler to watch for the route and throw and I think he may have been the guy that came up with the WR ineligibile-eligible plays during the year if Deflategate which is what really PO’d the Ravens a week before the deflated balls incident..

Idiot Savant means the the opposite, he is actually quite skilled at doing what he does for the Patriots. It is also speculated he does little else well and is on the Autistic spectrum. Think Rain Man. There is no doubt that Belichick gets all of his pushing the rules to the limit ideas from Ernie.

khiladi

Reaction score
They will only learn when advertisement prices fall which thus far hasn’t happened.

ESPN is taking a huge hit right now and announced another round of layoffs. I would blame overpaying for basketball though. It’s too early to tell regarding MNF football though ratings there are taking hits.

khiladi

Reaction score
Idiot Savant means the the opposite, he is actually quite skilled at doing what he does for the Patriots. It is also speculated he does little else well and is on the Autistic spectrum. Think Rain Man. There is no doubt that Belichick gets all of his pushing the rules to the limit ideas from Ernie.

Learned a new phrase today.. :)

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
ESPN is taking a huge hit right now and announced another round of layoffs. I would blame overpaying for basketball though. It’s too early to tell regarding MNF football though ratings there are taking hits.

There was a story not long ago questioning whether ESPN can continue to afford MNF. If ESPN were to drop out of the market, the rates on their other contracts will likely plummet.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I love this Jerry. This is when he’s at his best...flexing power. Honestly it’s what I miss about his GM style from past. Yes we had suck drafts and the last 20 years has been tough but I didn’t mind swinging for the fences with Parcells and TO. I think the calm patient Jerry with JG and a few other issues is weak. So watching him swing a big stick at the commish is great...that clown should have been gone years ago

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
Pretty sure Ernie was behind deflategate as well. Equating a small drop in PSI to passer rating/fumble rates is not something a normal and very busy coach does. That is some out of the box thinking that coud only come from a man like Adams. That means that over an extended period of time he deliberately manipulated footballs in practice to get his data. The benefit was more about fumbles than Brady (who was already an elite passer).

robjay04

Reaction score

I think ESPN is also hurting because all of the competition.

A lot of sports fans browse sites likes Bleacher Report or twitter for their sports fix—a lot of competition online.

Also when I want nfl news, I’m not going to wait through a bunch of hockey or baseball highlights, I will watch NFLN. Other sports have their networks as well which makes ESPN more irrelevant every passing day.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
DOScGYaV4AE1kUw.jpg:large

knightrider94

Reaction score
Most of those owners are COWARDS. They are letting Jerry take the blame for all of this instead of speaking up themselves.makes me wonder what Goddell has on some of them. All of these injuries, protests and the domestic violence issues leading to declining ratings and the man in still employed. Should have been fired after Ray Rice and fired again after Josh Brown.

links18

Reaction score
I think you guys are seriously over estimating Jerry's clout. I don't think any of this ends in Jerry's favor.

Goodell will get his new deal.
Zeke will be suspended.
Life will go on.

When it comes time to negotiate the new CBA, all the owners will line up like good little soldiers against the players because they don't actually give a crap about them unless they are helping them personally make money.

This is more likely to end with Jerry being isolated as a maverick owner (like Al Davis) then Goodell getting the boot. People here totally overestimate Jerry's position and don't realize that Goodell is still probably on the right side of public opinion with the Elliot case.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Most of those owners are COWARDS. They are letting Jerry take the blame for all of this instead of speaking up themselves.makes me wonder what Goddell has on some of them. All of these injuries, protests and the domestic violence issues leading to declining ratings and the man in still employed. Should have been fired after Ray Rice and fired again after Josh Brown.

Some might be cowards. But the NFL is definitely ruled by the elite franchises, the "old money", like the Maras, the Rooneys, Kraft etc.

And there may not be a quiet majority either. Some simply don't care.

dogberry

Reaction score
Is there an advantage legally for Zeke to leave the union?

Does withdrawal from the nflpa get him out from under the cba?

Iago33

Reaction score
Goodell is exactly what the Owners wanted. He is different then Rozelle or even Tags but make no mistake, he is doing exactly what he was hired to do.
This is something I can't deny, and it concerns me deeply. Players and fans may want to take down Goodell, but all 32 owners voting in May to re-up Goodell despite the obvious problems with the product is a chilling reality.