News: PFT: Jerry Jones said he and Jason Garrett "have real trust"

Sydla

Reaction score
You can't read. I never walked back, I'm still saying You were sure he was fired, which is what I said in the first post. How the he'll is thatbabwalk back....lol
This is your MO not mine, you like to try and change the platform to fit your argument, and then you argue it. You was sure he was fired. It didnt happen

No, you implied, incorrectly mind you, that I was sure Garrett was going to get fired.

Then when asked to back up your implication with the actual post, you claim you don’t want to bother finding it but we should all believe you anyway.

The walk back is your first post where you said I knew for sure Garrett was getting fired. Now your claim is that you implied that is what I meant from another comment. So we’ve gone from a certainty to now you admitting you implied something. At this point, I’d actually really like to see the post in question.

Reaction score
No, you implied, incorrectly mind you, that I was sure Garrett was going to get fired.

Then when asked to back up your implication with the actual post, you claim you don’t want to bother finding it but we should all believe you anyway.

The walk back is your first post where you said I knew for sure Garrett was getting fired. Now your claim is that you implied that is what I meant from another comment. So we’ve gone from a certainty to now you admitting you implied something. At this point, I’d actually really like to see the post in question.
Dude, you are wasting your time with this guy.

GMO415

Reaction score
I'm not even going to read that BS. He said the same about Dez....

Dre11

Reaction score

It isn't an implication, You were sure, we've gone back and forth about Garrett, you've made reference plenty times about Garrett getting fired. At 3-5, you felt comfortable enough to come at me the way you did, all the times we've gone back and forth you were never that bullish, until 3-5. Oh you were sure....lol

Sydla

Reaction score
It isn't an implication, You were sure, we've gone back and forth about Garrett, you've made reference plenty times about Garrett getting fired. At 3-5, you felt comfortable enough to come at me the way you did, all the times we've gone back and forth you were never that bullish, until 3-5. Oh you were sure....lol

It clearly is an implication. You are claiming that I thought Garrett was getting fired for sure because at one point I asked you if you were nervous about his job security.

That’s you implying something.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Since 2013 in the division, take into account the year he had no QB, and a rookie QB for a year after that.

Cowboys vs Giants 9-3 One loss at home in 5 years. All 3 losses by a total of 11 points.
Cowboys vs Skins 9-3 One loss at home in 5 years.
Cowboys vs Eagles 7-5 Only one loss @ Lincoln Financial since 2011.

Yeah, Jason Garrett is a horrible horrible coach.

What is that playoff record bro?

2 Wildcard wins over a decade?

Yea, the dude is headed to Canton with that resume:laugh:

Dre11

Reaction score
It clearly is an implication. You are claiming that I thought Garrett was getting fired for sure because at one point I asked you if you were nervous about his job security.

That’s you implying something.

You asked because you thought he was getting fired. You were basically trying to claim victory...lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You answered your own question.

Garrett gets millions in free cash with zero accountability.

It's one of the best jobs in America.

Garrett knows how good he has it and he's going to hang onto it as long as he possibly can. There's no other job like it. For any other HC job out there, he would actually be held accountable. Why would he want that?

A little humiliation here and there is a small price to pay for the mountains of money he rakes in every year and does not have to answer for it.

It’s really a no lose situation. Nobody should really expect anyone to have much success with Jerry’s dysfunctional organization. We have had much better coaches than Garrett who haven’t had as much success.

I truly believe Jason deserves more credit for steering thru all of the distractions and dysfunctional BS Jerry presents. Which has nothing to do with his coaching abilities. I see Garrett as more of a Walk Around GM. A calming force amongst the bizarreness.

If we win a championship with Garrett in this frucked up situation it might be considered the greatest accomplishment in at least Cowboy history if not the NFL.

Last edited:

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Another one...lol

With your persistence you come across as someone who has to have the last word or has to always be right. Thats probably why Direwolf said what he said. Its a waste of time trying to argue with someone who is gonna keep fighting to get the last word, no matter how long it takes.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
He’s actually trying to make himself look good. As usual it’s more about Jerry Jones than Cowboys Football.

Expressing his trust in JG and KM doesn't necessarily make Jerry look good, imo. He's simply being himself.

To my mind, it just reveals his mission to eat his cake and have it too. JG's popularity is, at best, 50/50 now.

It appears to me that Jerry's doing his best in making himself look wise and having JG to seem cooperative.

This's probably nothing more than splitting hairs in the strictest sense. Whatever happens matters the most.

Last edited: