News: PFT: Jerry Jones said he and Jason Garrett "have real trust"

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why wouldn't JJ trust JG. After Romo goes down....again JG leads us to 13-3 with a rookie QB. Zeke misses 6 games and we go 9-7. Let Dez go with no replacement and unexpected retirement from Witten who also wasnt replace..3-5 start..no problem...bring in Cooper....gets Dak and Coop on the same page wins division and playoff game. All of this with a OC that most felt was past his prime.
And there it is, that last part. Itzy, I do not get the malaise that settled over this forum when there was little hope from anyone here at 3-5. The only hope seemed to be Garrett et all would get the ax. Then they trade for Cooper and most go ballistic over giving up a 1st.

How many Cowboys seasons have we witnessed like this past one? 3-5 and actually not looking that good and they climb back in it, win the division, which seems to be an underachievement to many here, and win a playoff game. But they lose in LA and the season is not only over but a bad one to many here. Oh woe be to us as we were deserving of so much more because we are Cowboys fans. Like we have accomplished so much in the last 20 years.

Doesn't matter, if they'd won in LA but lost in NO, it would have been the same thing. The first thing you have to accept here is the number of really poor losers there are, same on the old DC.com. Can't lose to a better team, oh no, has to be a better explanation. The officials are always a favorite, or the league office, that's a real beauty, keep the one sure audience magnet down and if not for Garrett, we would have made the NFCCG. When the fact is he deserves credit for keeping this team focused when the wheels could have come off and bringing in a brand new WR to immediately inject some chutzpah into the team.

I am surprised Booger did not take the opportunity to extend him after this season but I am not convinced that Garrett even wants that. My career has been based on reading people and the Garrett I saw on that sideline this season, even on the comeback trail, didn't look like he wanted to be there too many times. It was if his mind was somewhere else. I know some will hammer that but might it be that Garrett's just worn down? Happened to Don Meredith. He just got tired of the being the DC QB.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Why wouldn't JJ trust JG. After Romo goes down....again JG leads us to 13-3 with a rookie QB. Zeke misses 6 games and we go 9-7. Let Dez go with no replacement and unexpected retirement from Witten who also wasnt replace..3-5 start..no problem...bring in Cooper....gets Dak and Coop on the same page wins division and playoff game. All of this with a OC that most felt was past his prime.

Apparently you just totally disregard the previous season where Romo went down and JG couldn't win but 1 flippin' game the rest of the season.

Selective memory, I guess.

Dre11

Reaction score
Again prove it. I never said at any time he was fired for sure.

I am not playing anything down. If you can prove I said it, I will happily admit that I said it and that I was wrong and you were right. Unlike you, I am perfectly content with admitting I am wrong about something. For example, I was clearly wrong when I said in the preseason that I didn't think this team would make the playoffs in 2018.

Like most people that exaggerate or get called out for making something up, you run behind the "oh, I am not searching for the it, but believe me, you said it!" excuse.

Let's get it straight, I never said you said he was getting fired, I said you was were sure he was getting fired at 3-5 by your comment that in had to be getting nervous. But as I said I'm not sear hing for it from over 4-5 months ago. Most of you were giddy and welcoming losses to enhance you'll positions.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Apparently you just totally disregard the previous season where Romo went down and JG couldn't win but 1 flippin' game the rest of the season.

acr, 2015 compared to 2018? That's as fair as bringing up Belichick's stint in CLE, not the same of course but going back 4 years to pick up on a disaster and skip over a 13-3 with a rookie QB and that same Romo down, doesn't really seem fair.

I don't want Garrett either but I will give him credit for this past season, it was the best coaching job of his career.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And there it is, that last part. Itzy, I do not get the malaise that settled over this forum when there was little hope from anyone here at 3-5. The only hope seemed to be Garrett et all would get the ax. Then they trade for Cooper and most go ballistic over giving up a 1st.

How many Cowboys seasons have we witnessed like this past one? 3-5 and actually not looking that good and they climb back in it, win the division, which seems to be an underachievement to many here, and win a playoff game. But they lose in LA and the season is not only over but a bad one to many here. Oh woe be to us as we were deserving of so much more because we are Cowboys fans. Like we have accomplished so much in the last 20 years.

Doesn't matter, if they'd won in LA but lost in NO, it would have been the same thing. The first thing you have to accept here is the number of really poor losers there are, same on the old DC.com. Can't lose to a better team, oh no, has to be a better explanation. The officials are always a favorite, or the league office, that's a real beauty, keep the one sure audience magnet down and if not for Garrett, we would have made the NFCCG. When the fact is he deserves credit for keeping this team focused when the wheels could have come off and bringing in a brand new WR to immediately inject some chutzpah into the team.

I am surprised Booger did not take the opportunity to extend him after this season but I am not convinced that Garrett even wants that. My career has been based on reading people and the Garrett I saw on that sideline this season, even on the comeback trail, didn't look like he wanted to be there too many times. It was if his mind was somewhere else. I know some will hammer that but might it be that Garrett's just worn down? Happened to Don Meredith. He just got tired of the being the DC QB.
Right.

This was a great season because how it started. It was a record breaking season coming back from 3-5 making the playoffs. Not much talk about that .

This forum crowd on the most part are Super Bowl or Bust. The longer I’m on here I’ve learned to tune most out.

I’m not sure though about the comparison with Dandy. I’ll have to give that some more thought.

I really haven’t seen the media or vibe of fans I’m close too as tough on Garrett as we’ve seen on these forums. Most everyone knows his hands are tied and they credit him for better culture in recent years.

Shoot we had fans on old site bash Parcells and he resurrected us in almost every way possible. But Wade got more love. Another illustration how shallow these forums are on the most part.

Last edited:

ItzKelz

Reaction score

I thought the same thing at times. But knowing what we know now about how Linehan was basically ignoring everyone's input to include Dak on the game plan I think he was more off trying to keep it together for the team. Kinda wish he had went to the press box once to take the play book from him.

ItzKelz

Reaction score

The very next season he won 13.....

Sydla

Reaction score
Let's get it straight, I never said you said he was getting fired, I said you was were sure he was getting fired at 3-5 by your comment that in had to be getting nervous. But as I said I'm not sear hing for it from over 4-5 months ago. Most of you were giddy and welcoming losses to enhance you'll positions.

LOL.

So now it’s an implication that me saying you must be getting nervous about Garrett at 3-5 means I was saying he was getting fired “for sure”.

The walk back has begun.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Of course Garrett is comfortable. He's spent almost a decade here making millions pretending to be a HC, when no other team in the NFL would employ him as such. What does he care? He knows his coaching days are done when we finally move on from him.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right.

This was a great season because how it started. It was a record breaking season coming back from 3-5 making the playoffs. Not much talk about that .

This forum crowd on the most part are Super Bowl or Bust. The longer I’m on here I’ve learned to tune most out.

I’m not sure though about the comparison with Dandy. I’ll have to give that some more thought.

I really haven’t seen the media or vibe of fans I’m close too as tough on Garrett as we’ve seen on these forums. Most everyone knows his hands are tied and they credit him for better culture in recent years.

Shoot we had fans on old site bash Parcells and he resurrected us in almost every way possible. But Wade got more love. Another illustration how shallow these forums are on the most part.
Fans have the right to their expectations and some I really respect here are of that SB or Bust but at my age, I look in the mirror, not naked, and also wish I looked like I did 23 years ago. Naked? 43.

I can also play that "football ain't what it used to be card" and who cares? Hell, I don't even care anymore. Better to save one's breath than be a voice in the wilderness.

About Dandy, that response from him when Cosell told him they were calling for him in that 38-0 Cards disaster, "no way" was more than just a funny comeback. I know some people that were friends of his family in Mt. Vernon and he was a sensitive man and how he was treated by the fans, especially when he was local boy made good from SMU, really wore on him. That's why when he retired, he never moved back, painful memories. He felt rejected by a city and the fans.

What a lot of the younger fans do not realize is that this entitlement is not new. A lot of Texans think they invented the sport, that whole religion thing.

Dre11

Reaction score
LOL.

So now it’s an implication that me saying you must be getting nervous about Garrett at 3-5 means I was saying he was getting fired “for sure”.

The walk back has begun.

There's no walk back. It's there for you to see In even told you what you said word for word. You were for sure he was, its why you said it....lol you would never said it if you didn't think he was.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
acr, 2015 compared to 2018? That's as fair as bringing up Belichick's stint in CLE, not the same of course but going back 4 years to pick up on a disaster and skip over a 13-3 with a rookie QB and that same Romo down, doesn't really seem fair.

I don't want Garrett either but I will give him credit for this past season, it was the best coaching job of his career.
Yep.,his description of 2015 is another great example of how most fans here totally discredit themselves.

Since we only won 1 game after Romo went down in 2015 it was a horrible coaching job . And when we win 13 the next year without Romo out again Garrett gets no credit. Red Flags of agendas.

Sydla

Reaction score
There's no walk back. It's there for you to see In even told you what you said word for word. You were for sure he was, its why you said it....lol you would never said it if you didn't think he was.

Or, I could have asked if you are getting nervous because at 3-5 a losing season was a possibility and that a losin season could result in Jerry wanting change?

Nah, it had to mean that I definitely thought Garrett was getting for sure. 100% certain. That Jason Garrett was definitely getting fired.

In fact, I’d wager if we found that post the context of it would make you look even more foolish than you do at this point.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Fans have the right to their expectations and some I really respect here are of that SB or Bust but at my age, I look in the mirror, not naked, and also wish I looked like I did 23 years ago. Naked? 43.

I can also play that "football ain't what it used to be card" and who cares? Hell, I don't even care anymore. Better to save one's breath than be a voice in the wilderness.

About Dandy, that response from him when Cosell told him they were calling for him in that 38-0 Cards disaster, "no way" was more than just a funny comeback. I know some people that were friends of his family in Mt. Vernon and he was a sensitive man and how he was treated by the fans, especially when he was local boy made good from SMU, really wore on him. That's why when he retired, he never moved back, painful memories. He felt rejected by a city and the fans.

What a lot of the younger fans do not realize is that this entitlement is not new. A lot of Texans think they invented the sport, that whole religion thing.
I totally recall the Dandy situation. I’m just not sure I’d compare to Garretts situation.

You are right on about the “ Texas thang”. But Jerry’s ways skew most of those normal type expectations we’d have.

And the SB or Bust mentality is totally absurd especially now with Jerry’s ways. This is not the franchise we grew up with and grew to cherish for the first 4 decades. Only in name.

Dre11

Reaction score
It’s clearly a walk back. You are now trying to argue something you implied. We’ve gone from me thinking Garrett was getting fired for sure to you now implying that’s what I meant.

You are just too embarrassed at this point to admit you made a mistake and move on.

You are out of your depth on this one.

You can't read. I never walked back, I'm still saying You were sure he was fired, which is what I said in the first post. How the he'll is thatbabwalk back....lol
This is your MO not mine, you like to try and change the platform to fit your argument, and then you argue it. You was sure he was fired. It didnt happen

Rayman70

Reaction score
OMG... a real trust eh? Sounds like blackmail. Is it fair to say Garrett has pics of Jerrah? :omg:

Reaction score
Nothing else makes sense to me why Garrett would stay and take the humiliation attached with being a puppet without the understanding which probably includes Garrett being safe since Jerry isn’t holding him directly accountable.
You answered your own question.

Garrett gets millions in free cash with zero accountability.

It's one of the best jobs in America.

Garrett knows how good he has it and he's going to hang onto it as long as he possibly can. There's no other job like it. For any other HC job out there, he would actually be held accountable. Why would he want that?

A little humiliation here and there is a small price to pay for the mountains of money he rakes in every year and does not have to answer for it.

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You answered your own question.

Garrett gets millions in free cash with zero accountability.

It's one of the best jobs in America.

Garrett knows how good he has it and he's going to hang onto it as long as he possibly can. There's no other job like it. For any other HC job out there, he would actually be held accountable. Why would he want that?

A little humiliation here and there is a small price to pay for the mountains of money he rakes in every year and does not have to answer for it.
Only Booger has a better one.