News: PFT: Jerry Jones: Wouldn't sell Cowboys for less than $10 billion

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Jerry said: They’re a long-term asset and my immediate family

Bull nuggets.

If you had the money would you send your child to the best school possible? Of course you would.

Would you hire the best instructor possible if your child showed promise in tennis? Mathematics? Yes, you would.

Provided money wasn't an issue, what would you not do for your family? I imagine that list would be short.

So then, why does Jerry insult his family buy retaining the worst GM in the league?

Because of the nest comment in this article.

which has been a part of making them what they are today — they’ll own the Cowboys long after I’m gone.

Marry those two statements together and what he is saying is the success of this team is due to Jerry and his family.

That success is financial, not success on the field.

It's like the Cowboys are RC Cola. Jerry is satisfied sharing the marketplace with Coke and Pepsi. But not enough to hire a GM that will make them competitive with the two giants.

mardwin

Reaction score
There's higher return on investment buying a European soccer club for under $2b than wasting $4b+ on an NFL football team. The sports itself is declining in popularity so the current growth we have seen won't be sustained over time.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Jerry Jones: Wouldn't sell Cowboys for less than $10 billion

The last NFL franchise to sell set a record, with the Panthers fetching around $2.3 billion. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones thinks his team is worth more than four times that amount.

“If I had to sell the team tomorrow I wouldn’t accept anything less than $10 billion,” Jones said. “But, I don’t want to imply that I would take $10 billion for them. The Cowboys are just not for sale. They’re a long-term asset and my immediate family — which has been a part of making them what they are today — they’ll own the Cowboys long after I’m gone. . . .

“I don’t say $10 billion just to say a ridiculous number. I just think you really have to go on what people would pay. I don’t want to say at least $10 billion but I certainly think you can justify a $10 billion value, but economically I’d rather have the Cowboys than the $10 billion.”

Read Full Story

Now,does he sell the franchise before or after he gets the 2 first rounders for duck ?

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Jerry said: They’re a long-term asset and my immediate family

Bull nuggets.

If you had the money would you send your child to the best school possible? Of course you would.

Would you hire the best instructor possible if your child showed promise in tennis? Mathematics? Yes, you would.

Provided money wasn't an issue, what would you not do for your family? I imagine that list would be short.

So then, why does Jerry insult his family buy retaining the worst GM in the league?

Because of the nest comment in this article.

which has been a part of making them what they are today — they’ll own the Cowboys long after I’m gone.

Marry those two statements together and what he is saying is the success of this team is due to Jerry and his family.

That success is financial, not success on the field.

It's like the Cowboys are RC Cola. Jerry is satisfied sharing the marketplace with Coke and Pepsi. But not enough to hire a GM that will make them competitive with the two giants.

In all.modesty your bandage clip is also called Famila . And i can tell you there are some guys out there who would sell her for 10 billions in a heartbeat.

Jipper

Reaction score
Ok well we got a number now let's go find a buyer that doesn't want to be the gm also

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Somewhere... out there among the countless members of cowboyszone... someone's last hope died a quick and totally expected death.

Expected, as in everyone literally should have totally expected what Jones is saying now if they understood even the smallest bit about him during the past three decades.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Jerry Jones: Wouldn't sell Cowboys for less than $10 billion

The last NFL franchise to sell set a record, with the Panthers fetching around $2.3 billion. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones thinks his team is worth more than four times that amount.

“If I had to sell the team tomorrow I wouldn’t accept anything less than $10 billion,” Jones said. “But, I don’t want to imply that I would take $10 billion for them. The Cowboys are just not for sale. They’re a long-term asset and my immediate family — which has been a part of making them what they are today — they’ll own the Cowboys long after I’m gone. . . .

“I don’t say $10 billion just to say a ridiculous number. I just think you really have to go on what people would pay. I don’t want to say at least $10 billion but I certainly think you can justify a $10 billion value, but economically I’d rather have the Cowboys than the $10 billion.”

Read Full Story
It would take an investment group instead of one owner....and a pretty large group even at that.

rags747

Reaction score
I am of the opinion that franchise prices have peaked or near peaked and they can only go down. Saturation, concussions and the youth of today seeming to have much less interest. I think I would be inclined to sell, Jerry won't but his kids may.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
So here's a question:

If you were given ownership of the Dallas Cowboys, would you sell the team for 10 billion dollars?

Praxit

Reaction score
..that's what you get when you sell florsheim shoes out of your car. Jerry was selling double sole and thats not the Beatles album.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
So here's a question:

If you were given ownership of the Dallas Cowboys, would you sell the team for 10 billion dollars?
No. Why would I? Owning the Cowboys would afford me any type of lifestyle that I choose, anyway.

black label

Reaction score
FL_Chasing_Bail_11.gif

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
It was over for me the second I saw Stevie's pock-marked face, taking on more and more and talking more and more...
This stuff isn't going to end anytime soon. It might even get worse and it will last for generations.

How does Donald Sterling get forced to sell over a private phone conversation and there are insane pics of Jerry and young women floating around everywhere?
And this is supposed to be the #MeToo moment in History...