News: PFT: Judge finds Marriott blatantly violated court order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
They didn't get crushed in the media when Irvin's lawyer told a fat lie to start his press conference: "Michael has obviously not come out publicly about this 'til now."

Was that statement true?
I did not have sexual relations with that woman.........

Reid1boys

Reaction score
As an employer i would have told this manager to call the police, you have unwanted sexual advance from a intoxicated patron with a "I'll be back for you".. sorry thats has nothing to do with wanting someone in cuffs and everything to to with Hardline HR rules with a company at fault for whatever happens next between that employee and said intoxicated patron...Take who it is out and ask yourself, if that guy came back and something happeneed to that employee Marriott would be getting sued by a family who just lost thier daughter and it would probably be more than 100 mill.
so police are called..... exactly what would they do? What crime do you think was committed? Ifs and butts... or something like that......

Reid1boys

Reaction score
According to them, he didn't say why he would be returning. But that sure sounds like a threat.

I would have liked to see him cuffed and prevented from doing that press conference. One more reason not to like him.
except you again leave out witnesses who said they were both smiling/laughing and the conversation ended cordially and they walked away.... sure, take those statements and then somehow try to twist Michael into making THREATS..... smh

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Poor Michael. Nowadays you shant even tell a woman how much she is desired and how much of a man he can be. No leering, no dirty talk, no propositions. The world is no fun, Michael.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
He literally said he couldn’t remember talking th anyone in the lobby or what he would have said because he was drinking. What’s that mean?
Awwww ! Miller.!!!!! So your the reason your profession is not that highly regarded. He never said he was drunk, he never insinuated he was drunk, Spin on young man SPIN ON

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Once this "I will see you when you are working" statement by Irvin to her can be taken several different ways but Marriott could only take that in one context. Did letting Irvin stay constitute allowing a hostile or unsafe work environment? If borderline yes, they had no choice.

The weirdest part of what he, allegedly, said was the "sorry if I brought up a bad past experience" and didn't follow that with "which was probably Jerry Rice, Cris Carter or Randy Moss but I am better than them".
I would think irrespective of that comment, once the employee was bothered enough to speak up about it Marriott had to do something per their own rules. I would think because it involved a high profile guest they'd be reluctant to make a stink over it but ignoring had other risks.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
so police are called..... exactly what would they do? What crime do you think was committed? Ifs and butts... or something like that......
Make a report which is what i need done, again take who it was out of the equation, if a female employee of mine goes to my manager and complains of an intoxicated guest sexually harrasing her and saying he will come back later thats on my manager to make sure she is protected....again take Irvin out of it, if this happened and the male came back and did something to the female employee my company is at fault for not getting the authorities involved from the first sign of trouble. Again Im speaking completley from a company liability issue, then you have the actual concern for another human being issue. BTW i have said there is alot od sus to what Marriott and its employees have done so far, HOWEVER we dont know everything yet.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I did not have sexual relations with that woman.........
Uh huh. I'm sure both sides are stretching the truth but to lead off with a big one publicly doesn't instill a lot of confidence about being forthcoming. Withholding is expected but getting busted lying throws a lot of what's said into question until the video(s) shows what's what.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes he is getting sued? Or yes you think he may get sued?? And if Irvin said whatever he is accused of saying... there will be no payday for her.
If his lawyer is smart, he will make it much more about the hotel's response and leave her out of it. Unless he has to prove she's lying to the jury, then it becomes what's her motive?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
If his lawyer is smart, he will make it much more about the hotel's response and leave her out of it. Unless he has to prove she's lying to the jury, then it becomes what's her motive?
it doesnt become what her motive is... it comes down to is it true or not. WITNESSES strangely were never mentioned for her until yesterday.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
it doesnt become what her motive is... it comes down to is it true or not. WITNESSES strangely were never mentioned for her until yesterday.
in both courts public opinion and actual court its easier to get everyday people to look badly upon a big corporation than an hourly employee though.. what your saying is correct but as a lawyer whats the easiest thread to pull to make the thing come apart and win. take these 2 statements:

"Micheal Irvin a big football personality is going after an hourly employee at Marriott for what he said is slander..he is asking for millions and she makes 20$ an hour"

"Micheal Irvin a big football personality is going after the billion dollar hotel chain Marriott for slander as he says they wrongfully kicked him out of a hotel and called his network and got him pulled of the air"

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Talk about an unforced error by a big corporation. 88 is due a pay day here and apology from those losers at the NFL.

Verdict

Reaction score
The judge has ordered the video released and reiterated after Marriott waffled. Generally speaking judges do not like their orders ignored.
Agreed. The bite of some judges is much more painful than some others.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Awwww ! Miller.!!!!! So your the reason your profession is not that highly regarded. He never said he was drunk, he never insinuated he was drunk, Spin on young man SPIN ON
I swear it’s like babysitting the graduating class from RIF sometimes who can read or comprehend. 1) I never said he was guilty. Said 20 times I’m waiting. 2) he did admit it as an excuse. You’re just too lost in fanboy land to see it. Stop being embarrassing

https://nypost.com/2023/02/08/michael-irvin-revealed-super-bowl-incident-in-bizarre-interview/amp/

“There is a lot going on. I don’t know if you guys heard or not… Sunday night … This is tripping me out… I don’t remember it, but I guess when I came in, they asked [what I did] and I said, ‘I just went straight to the room,’” the Hall of Fame wide receiver said. “But I guess I had met somebody in the lobby. Talked to somebody in the lobby for about a minute and then I went to my room. And then after I got up there and got to work, they said tomorrow they had to move me in the hotel. I said, ‘Move me in the hotel for what?’

“So they moved my hotel, and I said, ‘What’s going on, guys? What’s happening? Why are are we moving hotels?’ They said, ‘Well, last night you walked in, you talked to somebody.’ I said, ‘I didn’t talk to anybody. I went straight to the room.’ And then they showed it on camera that I did talk to somebody. I talked to this girl for about a minute. I don’t know what — they didn’t show it to me. They told it to me. I didn’t see it… But that’s why they moved me, because I guess the girl said I said something to her within that minute that we talked, and so they moved me.”

The hosts then acknowledged that there was no media coverage of the incident at the time of the interview.

“That’s exactly what’s happening and why I’m kind of hiding to wait and see how everything comes down, you know, in this world here,” Irvin said. “It was a minute meeting somewhere in the lobby. I don’t even remember it really because I had a few drinks, to tell you the truth… but that’s what they said.”

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Yep, if the judge ordered it and they refused to produce it . . . was only a matter of time.

gtb1943

Reaction score
except you again leave out witnesses who said they were both smiling/laughing and the conversation ended cordially and they walked away.... sure, take those statements and then somehow try to twist Michael into making THREATS..... smh
one must remember his pathological hatred of Irvin

Status
Not open for further replies.