News: PFT Kirk Cousin advice to Dak: Franchise tag can be your friend

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
To trade him, he has to sign the tag. He's not likely to do that until the last possible second.

Teams tag and trade players quite often. If Dallas wanted to do that, it would allow a team interested in trading for Dak to negotiate a contract with him while he's under the tag.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Kirk is a better QB and ya forget any hopes you have that we're going to give 37 million to a average gimp QB.
Hey, bud FYI Jerry and family do not share your Dak-Crush....sorry.:(
It’s hard to take an argument seriously....Kirk Cousins is garbage, and no one legitimately ranks him in the tier below Dak. Dak is second tier. Cousins is not long for the NFL.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
You are a smart person.

* I lied! *

Just to humor you for a second. Could you please explain in what way Dak has been better, statistically? From what I see, it's almost across the board in Watson's favor (outside of yards...due to more attempts).

Kevinicus

Reaction score
It’s hard to take an argument seriously....Kirk Cousins is garbage, and no one legitimately ranks him in the tier below Dak. Dak is second tier. Cousins is not long for the NFL.
What criteria is this based on?

plymkr

Reaction score
Trading Dak for Watson makes no sense for 2 reasons:

* Watson is not better than Dak. Watson is very good but slightly lesser than Dak, statistically.
* Cowboys would have to pick up Watson's current contract. What is Watson getting paid right now? $40 mil/season? How is that better than keeping Dak?

This trade proposal makes no sense and would only hurt the Cowboys, not help them.
The last thing I want is a trade for Watson. I agree with everything you just said. We trade for Watson and we are in the same salary mess that will keep us from building a defense. If we go that route than keep Dak, who already knows the offense. Why trade Dak for a more expensive, less accurate version of Dak. Then we'll have a decrease in QB play and no money to give him a supporting cast.

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
Cousins is one of those regular season powerhouses but yet has to overcome the post season blues. Why he gets labeled as a quarterback who can't lead his team when it matters. Sound familiar.....

Only quarterback over the past 6 seasons to throw 3000 yards and 25tds.

Since 2015
2nd completion percentage
4th in pass yards
5th in tds
6th in wins

Stats don't mean **** when you have no playoff success. If Kirk had better playoff success he would be talked about as one of the great QBs in football but yet no one does.
He beat the Saints just last year

HotDog37

Reaction score
Jerry won't get fooled again into paying a kings ransom (for a non king) -- oh wait

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The last thing I want is a trade for Watson. I agree with everything you just said. We trade for Watson and we are in the same salary mess that will keep us from building a defense. If we go that route than keep Dak, who already knows the offense. Why trade Dak for a more expensive, less accurate version of Dak. Then we'll have a decrease in QB play and no money to give him a supporting cast.
@Kevinicus Read the comment above. ^^^ @plymkr explained it well.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
@Kevinicus Read the comment above. ^^^ @plymkr explained it well.
That explains what well?

I didn't suggest trading for Watson.
Watson is an upgrade over Dak. Period.
If you're going to pay an extremely high price for a QB, you should at least get the better one.

Still waiting for you to explain where Dak is better statistically.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
That explains what well?

I didn't suggest trading for Watson.
Watson is an upgrade over Dak. Period.
If you're going to pay an extremely high price for a QB, you should at least get the better one.

Still waiting for you to explain where Dak is better statistically.
Are you serious? Did you play football? Watson is better than Dak? Pathetic.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Are you serious? Did you play football? Watson is better than Dak? Pathetic.

To refresh your memory.

You stated Dak was superior statistically. I called you out on that lie. I have asked you twice now for evidence.

Can you support your claim? Yes or no?

I know I can.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
To refresh your memory.

You stated Dak was superior statistically. I called you out on that lie. I have asked you twice now for evidence.

Can you support your claim? Yes or no?

I know I can.
Uh...of course! Hello??? Dak was on pace to shatter the single season all time passing record. Compare apples to apples. Compare Watson's stats through the first 5 games with Dak's. You'll see Dak by far had the better stats.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Uh...of course! Hello??? Dak was on pace to shatter the single season all time passing record. Compare apples to apples. Compare Watson's stats through the first 5 games with Dak's. You'll see Dak by far had the better stats.
That's what you're going with? 5 games, and based on throwing 500 times in 5 games? Where Watson still had a higher YPA and better passer rating?

Sure, Jan.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
That's what you're going with? 5 games, and based on throwing 500 times in 5 games? Sure, Jan.
Uh, hello Nancy! Fair is Fair. 5 games since Dak was unable to play more than 5 due to injury. Had he done so, he would have made Watson's 4,800 yard effort and only 4 wins look like chump change.