News: PFT: Michael Irvin "remains suspended" by NFL Network

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
don't lie on the internet and you won't be brought to light. sorry but true.
I'm really holding back from blasting you royally, but you're not worth getting suspended over. Hope you get punished for spreading lies and false accusations, especially after you've been asked repeatedly to stop.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I'm really holding back from blasting you royally, but you're not worth getting suspended over. Hope you get punished for spreading lies and false accusations, especially after you've been asked repeatedly to stop.
don't pretend to be a touch guy on the internet proclaiming sometime you have to be hard with women. The internet remembers

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
the teacher told me to turn in my essay, I told her I wasn't a snitch. You said it, now own it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You guys knock it off, this damned cyber scuffling is going to get this lovely Irvin thread closed and we just got a new one.

Irvin did not commit any domestic violence so that is not the subject of this thread and not all DV is committed against women which is why the term has become Intimate Partner Violence.

Let's keep this on topic which seems to be who do you believe.

lukemartin79

Reaction score
He made his biggest mistake by talking on the radio call in and hamstrung his lawyer. He should have cancelled that call in due to health reasons and let the network run the show.

Did he really think the NFL would just be OK with an employee of theirs filing a lawsuit against a sponsor? Irvin knows that money rules the NFL and he peed in the church punch of the NFL.
You are sure right there. What was he thinking? Going on the radio and actually saying that he was so drunk he couldn't remember anything - unreal. That woman could have said anything about him then - how could he deny anything she said after he had already said on a radio show that he was drunk and couldn't remember anything. He really handcuffed his lawyers by doing that, and sure didn't help his side at all.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are sure right there. What was he thinking? Going on the radio and actually saying that he was so drunk he couldn't remember anything - unreal. That woman could have said anything about him then - how could he deny anything she said after he had already said on a radio show that he was drunk and couldn't remember anything. He really handcuffed his lawyers by doing that, and sure didn't help his side at all.
Few agree with me just how much damage this did to his case, in court and in the public, but I believe this is the real reason he's not on NFLN. If they didn't tell him to keep it on the down low, he showed really poor judgement and tied their hands.

I think the NFL wanted to try and make this go away because neither the hotel or woman was taking it any further and Irvin totally underestimated the NFL working with a sponsor.

Then in his first pc with his lawyer present, he makes everyone cringe with the hanging analogy but I think that was his lawyer's fault.

lukemartin79

Reaction score
Few agree with me just how much damage this did to his case, in court and in the public, but I believe this is the real reason he's not on NFLN. If they didn't tell him to keep it on the down low, he showed really poor judgement and tied their hands.

I think the NFL wanted to try and make this go away because neither the hotel or woman was taking it any further and Irvin totally underestimated the NFL working with a sponsor.

Then in his first pc with his lawyer present, he makes everyone cringe with the hanging analogy but I think that was his lawyer's fault.
I agree with you, the NFL didn't want this story attracting all the attention right at the time of their biggest celebration- the Super Bowl. I call it that because it seems more about the show or party or celebration than the actual football game now, LOL.
I loved watching Michael play as much as anyone. He was exciting, consistent and oh so clutch. He wanted the ball at the biggest moments and you knew if he got it he would not disappoint. He was money. He just seems to be a trainwreck waiting to happen in his personal life. Lost track of all those wrecks theres been so many over the years. Some of these guys should have actually cracked a book a time or two at least while they were at these big colleges.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score

Heck not only did he give the damning radio interview but then he was advised by his attorney..he was sitting there…to then say he knew what was discussed which was his work on the network and how she didn’t know much about football. Just a softball for the other side

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
yea,,,.... when she walked away from him, he supposedly said to another man that walked uop.... Id like to hit that. and???? and>????? is this a story? Those words have been said between men for centuries. Hell, how many times have you been in a ar and the "Waitress," walks up to take your order in a skirt and a top where her upper half is hanging out all over. She walks away and you look to your friend and say soething lie... holy cow, she is smoking??? This is called life. And as I have said since day 1, even if Irvin did say exactly what we have read...... uhm, and? so what. They dont work together. This isnt sexual harassment... trying to pick up on a person is nothing.
I dont know about you, but hitting on hotel staff while your employer is picking up the bill is a big no no where I work.

If you're on company time or on the company dime, you are representing the company and must act accordingly.

Of course, I am a family guy with a new daughter on the way so I would not be hitting on anybody anyways.

sandbridge77

Reaction score
I dont know about you, but hitting on hotel staff while your employer is picking up the bill is a big no no where I work.

If you're on company time or on the company dime, you are representing the company and must act accordingly.

Of course, I am a family guy with a new daughter on the way so I would not be hitting on anybody anyways.
Congrats on the upcoming daughter, they sure make you reevaluate your or reinforce your priorities in life.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
The NFL is always hypocritical. Look at the garbage with kraft and other owners and how they are treated vs anyone else.

Its all a big joke their so called protection of the 'shield'

Just look at the fines during the season; how often they are different for the same violations.
Or how some get called for anything and some never get called for anything

There is no such thing as fairness or honesty when talking the NFL as goofsmell and company run it
If they really cared about the Shield they'd get rid of Goodell. He's a big joke.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If they really cared about the Shield they'd get rid of Goodell. He's a big joke.
Goodell is a great representative of the owners which is who he works for, not the players.

History will likely reflect his tenure in an era with enormous obstacles and issues to overcome that no other Commissioner was confronted continued to grow and represent the shield well.

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If anyone surveyed the owners whether they cared more about
d2EVdjW.png
or
1QVcosK.png
, I believe they would say the latter. Goodell has helped them attain much of the latter.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan