News: PFT: NFL will file for expedited appeal in Ezekiel Elliott case

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NFL will file for expedited appeal in Ezekiel Elliott case

A league source tells PFT that the league will also request an expedited appeal from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, although there’s no way to know if that will make a significant difference in how quickly the case is heard. The average time from notice of appeal to decision in the Fifth Circuit averages over eight months and an expedited appeal in the Tom Brady case still took sixth months.

The league will also file a motion asking for a stay of the case to block any further action being taken by District Court Judge Amos L. Mazzant III pending the appeal at some point in the next 24 hours.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ion-for-a-stay-of-ezekiel-elliott-injunction/

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
The sad part is the NFLPA isn't asking for players who commit crimes to go unpunished..all they are asking for is that players get a fair trial by a neutral party...

HOW DARE THEM!
The players aren't even asking for a neutral arbitrator...the CBA gives Goodell the power to dole out punishment and hear/rule on appeals. What the CBA doesn't do is give Goodell power to act in a principally unfair manner in these things. That's what is at issue here, if I'm understanding all of this correctly.

robjay04

Reaction score
This emergency stay request is a hail mary pass spurred by desperation.

Still troubling.

I don't think they made this request to Brady and I doubt they want to take another L so they must feel like they have something.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Still troubling.

I don't think they made this request to Brady and I doubt they want to take another L so they must feel like they have something.
The fact they didn't ask for this with Brady means they have to prove why they need it in this case. They can't. I may be wrong. Not a lawyer

Sydla

Reaction score
Still troubling.

They did the same thing in Brady. The lower court ruled for Brady. They filed an expedited appeal and a stay. The stay was shot down but they won the appeal the next year forcing Brady to sit out 4 games last year.

phildadon86

Reaction score
They did the same thing in Brady. The lower court ruled for Brady. They filed an expedited appeal and a stay. The stay was shot down but they won the appeal the next year forcing Brady to sit out 4 games last year.
Yeah and Brady doesn't have near the case that Zeke and the NFLPA have. I honestly think this gets vacated next year. If I'm Zeke I'm suing for punitive damages after this is all said and done

TX_Yid

Reaction score
"The league will also file a motion asking for a stay of the case to block any further action being taken by District Court Judge Amos L. Mazzant III pending the appeal at some point in the next 24 hours."

That will enamor them with the judge!.. How not to make friends and alienate people.

Plankton

Reaction score
paul-mccartney-metlife-stadium.jpg