News: PFT: NFL will file for expedited appeal in Ezekiel Elliott case

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hello Mr Goalpost Mover

Never said our RB2 gets 10-15..... I said the position warrants that amount and most teams agree

I know you want EE to wear down and get hurt since you are a fake Cowboy fan anyways

You hate wasting any draft picks on football players and would rather save them all and wear them like a safety blankey......time for your bedtime

Ah, Joey's getting upset.

See the problem here is when you said this....

We need to get younger at RB and RB2 is not a depth position.....it is a job that gets 10-15 touches a game

I thought you meant the job of backup RB gets 10-15 touches a game.

But now I know when you said - it is a job that gets 10-15 touches a game - you meant it doesn't.

So if it doesn't, and it doesn't....you made that up, then it most certainly is a depth position. Would anyone claim Morris or McFadden are more than depth players? Stop with your nonsense. The backup RB to Zeke Elliott is a spot player. Insurance off the bench. He means next to nothing on game day when Zeke is playing.

And you want to burn as high as a 2nd round pick on that irrelevant player. Because of 6 games that has you breathing into a paper bag.

You know nothing.

diefree666

Reaction score
Really? Such as what exactly? Give me a list of things. You're irrelevant so I haven't kept score on you. Give me some predictions of this team and it's players, Joe. I'll be interested to see how right you are down the road.

I am far more right than almost every person reading this because I can't put my fandom aside when evaluating players. This is a place that saw value in the absolute crap this team has lined up on the field the better part of the last two decades.

Get me that list. Chop chop.

three letters says it all

DAK

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Yeah, I know all of that. I was just wondering if something had actually happened to make Shefter make this statement as if it was in stone.
Which of those two things do you doubt actually happening? The Texas judge not reversing his decision or the 5th Circuit of Appeals taking its time... IMO, those two things are about as etched in stone as we are going to get involving this case.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
It's not a waste of money to the NFLPA. People don't seem to realise that that neither the NFL nor the NFLPA give much of a crap about Zeke as an individual. This is about posturing for the public and the next CBA, about how it will affect policy and reputation. That's the reason it's worth the money invested by the NFLPA, even if they end up losing, the damage to the NFL's rep from Deflategate and this will have been done which gives them more bargaining power.
This is exactly right. This case is now about how much authority the commissioner has under the CBA. It's in both sides best interests to see this lawsuit through because the winner gains leverage when it comes to future cases, and more importantly, future CBA negotiations.

Where the league screwed up is by risking that authority on this case because they barely pretended to offer fundamental fairness and that should give the PA the opportunity it's been waiting for.

They should have reversed the ban at the arbitration hearing.

Dundalis

Reaction score
Ok. When I'm right you can pretend there was still a shot.

And when the suspension is next year you can remind yourself we could have gotten it over with this year with two capable veteran RBs on the roster to fill in. Rather than some foolish notion of burning a pick as high as the 2nd round on a Zeke Elliott-less survivor kit.
Well it's easy to say as a fan but if I'm Zeke I fight it. If not for my reputation with the public, then at least so I can tell my kids that I fought a bogus domestic violence claim as opposed to giving in and accepting punishment even if he does end up serving the suspension. People that say he should just accept it because it's inevitable and his name is already tarnished probably don't think about something like that.