News: PFT: NFL will file for expedited appeal in Ezekiel Elliott case

diefree666

Reaction score
and how many are already facing a 6 game ban and lifetime banishment if they fart in the general direction of a woman
THAT is another reason he has to fight this; they pretty much told him that anything happens and he is gone for life. AMAZING how many here IGNORE that. I think that is also something that his lawyers can use as well to show that he was targeted as a PR move.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
and how many are already facing a 6 game ban and lifetime banishment if they fart in the general direction of a woman

So you want to use a high draft pick to fill a hole for 6 games and to soothe your fears of Zeke being banned for life?

Tell me again how our #2 back gets 10-15 touches a game.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I feel much better now as regards Zekes case. You have been wrong about so much for so long.

Really? Such as what exactly? Give me a list of things. You're irrelevant so I haven't kept score on you. Give me some predictions of this team and it's players, Joe. I'll be interested to see how right you are down the road.

I am far more right than almost every person reading this because I can't put my fandom aside when evaluating players. This is a place that saw value in the absolute crap this team has lined up on the field the better part of the last two decades.

Get me that list. Chop chop.

Dundalis

Reaction score
He has zero shot to win. It's just a waste of money and delaying the inevitable.

The fact that it's wrong is a given. I understand why he's fighting it. I also understand why he won't win and will be suspended for 6 games.
It's not a waste of money to the NFLPA. People don't seem to realise that that neither the NFL nor the NFLPA give much of a crap about Zeke as an individual. This is about posturing for the public and the next CBA, about how it will affect policy and reputation. That's the reason it's worth the money invested by the NFLPA, even if they end up losing, the damage to the NFL's rep from Deflategate and this will have been done which gives them more bargaining power.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's not a waste of money to the NFLPA. People don't seem to realise that that neither the NFL nor the NFLPA give much of a crap about Zeke as an individual. This is about posturing for the public and the next CBA, about how it will affect policy and reputation. That's the reason it's worth the money invested by the NFLPA, even if they end up losing, the damage to the NFL's rep from Deflategate and this will have been done which gives them more bargaining power.

I agree with that. I'm just saying as a Cowboys fan I'd rather get the suspension over with now. If this was some old aging team looking for one more run this year I'd feel differently but you have to believe their chances next year will be just as good if not better.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
What you say makes sense, and I agree, it's wrong. However, the CBA grants absolute power to Goodell. We'll see if the courts feel they can interfere with that.
There is no such thing in the CBA that grants Goodell "absolute power". I don't understand why people think Goodell is "God" in the NFL. He works for the owners.

I've been saying this ad nauseum, when you look at things logically, using the Brady case as precedent for the Zeke case is a false equivalency. Having a broad scope doesn't mean you can wipe away all differences, especially critical ones. And as far as I know, the laws of logic still apply in the Universe.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't be a silly goose. It's not his money and it's worth a shot. And there is no such thing as 'less than none' in this scenario. Pure hyperbole.

YR

Ok. When I'm right you can pretend there was still a shot.

And when the suspension is next year you can remind yourself we could have gotten it over with this year with two capable veteran RBs on the roster to fill in. Rather than some foolish notion of burning a pick as high as the 2nd round on a Zeke Elliott-less survivor kit.

noletime95

Reaction score
So you want to use a high draft pick to fill a hole for 6 games and to soothe your fears of Zeke being banned for life?

Tell me again how our #2 back gets 10-15 touches a game.
I understand your point but upgrading the roster includes RB2 and even RB3. Morris playing over McFadden concerns me. I don't believe in Morris. I kinda thought we'd be ok with McFadden but he is getting up there in age. Doesn't have to be draft pick(s) but I'm not adverse to taking a RB in the round 3-5 range. Even after the suspension there are times Zeke gets gassed. Even if it's 5-6 touches a game that still has value.

Bottom line, I prefer he serves the suspension next year, but agree I DO NOT want that suspension to hit say November or December. I'd rather he serve it now.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Ok. When I'm right you can pretend there was still a shot.

And when the suspension is next year you can remind yourself we could have gotten it over with this year with two capable veteran RBs on the roster to fill in. Rather than some foolish notion of burning a pick as high as the 2nd round on a Zeke Elliott-less survivor kit.

There's no reason we can't have DMC and Rod Smith on this roster next year.

YR

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

Hello Tell me again how our #2 back gets 10-15 touches a game.
Hello Mr Goalpost Mover

Never said our RB2 gets 10-15..... I said the position warrants that amount and most teams agree

I know you want EE to wear down and get hurt since you are a fake Cowboy fan anyways

You hate wasting any draft picks on football players and would rather save them all and wear them like a safety blankey......time for your bedtime

sacase

Reaction score
Guess the judge is calling the NFL's bluff.

I am really curious, why the rush now. The NFL has never rushed so hard for a case. They always wait until the appeal is done. It seems like they are behaving like rabid dogs.

I honestly think they are scared to death that they are going to lose this case. That is the only reason I can think of as to why they are behaving out of character.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
There's no reason we can't have DMC and Rod Smith on this roster next year.

YR
The reason is to get better........I don't know if you have seen the crop of RBs lately but BBBBOOIINNGGGG

DMC= JAG
ALF= JAG
RSmith= JAG
Risen = JAG

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score

In the legal realm the best cases for appeal are usually with the worst people. So I agree 100% with your statement.