News: PFT: Randy Gregory ready to apply for reinstatement

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!! This team is finally getting cleaned up with trouble players!
Well... Sorta I guess..... These fans man. I tell ya. So willing to clutch anything that might possess an inkling of talent irregardless of how dangerous it may be. Some of us have fully adopted the behaviour of our front office.

Bravoooooo

Tank, Greg, Pacman, & Randle all appreciate you guys.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
As difficult as it is to hold out hope for Randy at this point, I'm hoping for him to prove himself worthy of playing again. It would not only be good for himself but good for the team as well. To me, it serves one of the main goals of the team to begin with -- progress, despite the setbacks.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
As difficult as it is to hold out hope for Randy at this point, I'm hoping for him to prove himself worthy of playing again. It would not only be good for himself but good for the team as well. To me, it serves one of the main goals of the team to begin with -- progress, despite the setbacks.
Any help we can get should be much appreciated.

DHCBF66

Reaction score
He’s a udfa after the season and won’t be resigned. Who cares about this dude? We’ll get whatever out of him this year and hope it’s enough to win it all. Yawn
Wrong, his suspension does not count against his contract, he is under contract with the Cowboys for almost 3 years after he is reinstated.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
A lot of guys have been consensus top 5 or 10 picks and have flopped in the NFL ........ he is just one in a long list.

14 games played and 1 sack speaks for itself.

Kind of DLaw stats through first fourteen right?

Sydla

Reaction score
The stupidity of some in this thread is hilarious.

I never understand why some fans take things so personally. Some here have a bizarre visceral hate for Gregory and would rather see him fail so I guess they can justify their bizarre feelings.

There’s no downside here. If he gets cleared and he can’t play, then you are no worse then than you are now.

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
Not defending RG, but how many snaps is this based on?

For the sake of metrics I find it difficult to base it on games play. If RG only played a handful of snaps in a game I wouldn’t consider that as a “game played”

A lot of guys have been consensus top 5 or 10 picks and have flopped in the NFL ........ he is just one in a long list.

14 games played and 1 sack speaks for itself.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Yes. I'm such a bad guy because I can see a younger someone else who doesn't have a propensity to smoke weed when he knows he shouldn't be playing the same position just as well if not better. Woe is meeeee.

No, you are a bad guy because you are calling someone with an illness weak. Addiction is a disease. Respect that.

I'll call you out on this nonsense every single time

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Not defending RG, but how many snaps is this based on?

For the sake of metrics I find it difficult to base it on games play. If RG only played a handful of snaps in a game I wouldn’t consider that as a “game played”
Gregory has played 310 defensive snaps. Not sure how many of those were run plays vs. pass plays though.

diefree666

Reaction score
No, you are a bad guy because you are calling someone with an illness weak. Addiction is a disease. Respect that.

I always have a problem calling something a disease when many people turn away from it without any help at all. to me if you can say
"Today I will stop this" and hold to it then calling it a disease is wrong.

phildadon86

Reaction score

Speaking as a recovering addict I endorse this post. It amazes me how uneducated some on this forum are when it comes to mental health and addiction. @Bleu Star is comparing RG to Aldon Smith? They couldn't be more different. RG doesn't have any league issues other than the weed. Aldon Smith has uttered bomb threats to go along with a LONG list of issues. Some people here get an idea in their head, and no matter how dumb or ignorant it is, will clutch onto it like its going to kill them to be wrong.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score

Aren't you the guy who said he had mental problems and thats why he smoked pot?

Now you have changed it to a weed addiction?