News: PFT: Randy Gregory ready to apply for reinstatement

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
I hope he comes back too. They held out this long, might as well see if he can finally contribute if he gets reinstated.
Yup. What's there to lose? If he gets reinstated he still has three years on his rookie deal making peanuts, since the last two years are not accounted for, I believe.
Plus, shoot, your DE rotation would be stocked, not to mention Collins and Irving inside.
Pass rushers galore.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
I'm telling you the policy doesn't state he can't fail another test and you're claiming it isn't rocket surgery.

I gave you the criteria he needs to include on this application. It lists those 4 items. He has to give treatment information, proof he has been clean, any issues related to drugs, and any arrests including those regarding substances of abuse.

I believe you are indicating since #2 is listed, that he can't fail another test. I don't interpret the policy that way. I interpret it as..if you have been clean you will submit your proof. If you haven't then you need to provide the information regarding the incident you had in #3. And if it involves the law, you need to include it on #4. If you have been clean, then #3 & 4 are probably not applicable. All that information will be taken into consideration in the decision to either reinstate Gregory, deny it, or delay it pending further action the league wants Gregory to take before reinstatement.

There is no "final strike" to where if he fails another test that he can NEVER come back.
Well then "interpret" how he's supposed to provide "proof" that he's been clean without negative tests to provide evidence. Now, you're just being obtuse for the sake of being obtuse.

And, also, LOL at thinking that Gregory (or his agent) would even bother to file for reinstatement if he didn't meet all the criteria. Holy ****, dude. You might just want to drop this conversation. You're just arguing for arguing sake, at this point. You can find a new dance partner. This is no longer worth my time.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Well then "interpret" how he's supposed to provide "proof" that he's been clean without negative tests to provide evidence. Now, you're just being obtuse for the sake of being obtuse.

And, also, LOL at thinking that Gregory (or his agent) would even bother to file for reinstatement if he didn't meet all the criteria. Holy ****, dude. You might just want to drop this conversation. You're just arguing for arguing sake, at this point. You can find a new dance partner. This is no longer worth my time.

I"m not being obtuse. I get it, people want Gregory to return. I do too. I just want accurate information. Here is a real life example of a player being banished, filing for reinstatement, having the application denied because of a failed drug test, and eventually returning to the NFL. Please read the timeline and if you still think I am just trying to be argumentative then I will just take your advice and drop the conversation, allowing you guys to think whatever it is you want to believe.

The player is Josh Gordon and here is his timeline of events. According to you, he wouldn't have been able to apply for reinstatement.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/new...-denied-suspension/1m9gwhfoku9ns1ozy4pktmnj4k

Last edited:

skinsscalper

Reaction score
I"m not being obtuse. I get it, people want Gregory to return. I do too. I just want accurate information. Here is a real life example of a player being banished, filing for reinstatement after not being clean, having the application denied because of it, and eventually returning to the NFL. Please read the timeline and if you still think I am just trying to be argumentative then I will just take your advice and drop the conversation, allowing you guys to think whatever it is you want to believe.

The player is Josh Gordon and here is his timeline of events. According to you, he wouldn't have been able to apply for reinstatement.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/new...-denied-suspension/1m9gwhfoku9ns1ozy4pktmnj4k
Ok. That's fair enough. The rub is, why was he denied on his last application for re-instatement?

I think where we're butting heads, here, may be my fault. If i remember correctly, I said that under certain circumstances he wouldn't be ELIGIBLE to "apply" for re-instatement, rather than saying that he wouldn't actually eligible for reinstatement without satisfying certain criteria. To which point, you would be correct. He can apply all he wants to (there's no eligibility requirement). He wouldn't be considered for reinstatement without meeting the criteria.

My bad, my friend. This round is yours, sir.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Ok. That's fair enough. The rub is, why was he denied on his last application for re-instatement?

I think where we're butting heads, here, may be my fault. If i remember correctly, I said that under certain circumstances he wouldn't be ELIGIBLE to "apply" for re-instatement, rather than saying that he wouldn't actually eligible for reinstatement without satisfying certain criteria. To which point, you would be correct. He can apply all he wants to (there's no eligibility requirement). He wouldn't be considered for reinstatement without meeting the criteria.

My bad, my friend. This round is yours, sir.

No worries. All I am in search of is accurate information. I have followed this case very closely over the past year and have read the drug policy in detail. Here's an interesting point about the Josh Gordon case. He filed for reinstatement, failed a test afterwards, had the application denied because of that test and was STILL reinstated 3 months later. Now he ultimately went out again, but the NFL did agree to reinstate him months after denying his application despite the additional failed test a few months earlier.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
The NFL owes the Cowboys a pass after the Elliott debacle.

It's hard to believe that a person can lose their career over smoking weed these days. Think about the dope players are taking by "prescription" just to get moving around during the week and on the field Sunday.
NFL is no different then any other drug dealer. They only want you doing their drugs.

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
Please move on from this untrustworthy entity.....

Why?
1. He has the talent.
2. we could still have him under his rookie contract for 2-3 years.
3. Would he be one of our top 90 players we can take to camp?
4. Ask yourself and be honest, would you have cut Lawrence Taylor ( I am not say he is LT)?
5. Most importantly, can we use him?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
14 games played, 15 tackles, 1 sack, 7.5 hurries

Still do not see the excitement with this guy.

Yuma Cactus

Reaction score
Hey, u the same Yuma from that other site where my brother tarheel paul used to visit often?
Indeed. Although I don't post much either here or there. Mostly a Twitter dude now. So I had a back-n-forth with Paul a few days ago via "The Twitter".

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hopefully he has his head on straight now. But the real question is, what kind of football shape is he in now? No harm in taking a look, but I have a bad feeling about it.

As of now, no player is in football shape. Working out at a gym isn't football shape, there is no substitute for the real thing.

CapnB

Reaction score
Indeed. Although I don't post much either here or there. Mostly a Twitter dude now. So I had a back-n-forth with Paul a few days ago via "The Twitter".

I dont doubt you did. hes such an a-hole lol