News: PFT: Report: Jason Garrett has been campaigning to remain the Cowboys coach

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
what is the revision? I was fine with him up until this year when he started losing the team.

Then that means that you were wrong about him. Dead wrong about him. All the while that you were lecturing everyone else about them being wrong. But yeah, when it becomes obvious, you jam your gears, strip your transmission, and try to join everyone else on the wagon like it never happened.

I changed my mind, Stash. You should try it from time to time. Sorry if you are still chapped about past arguments.

Not chapped, but not forgetting either.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Then that means that you were wrong about him. Dead wrong about him. All the while that you were lecturing everyone else about them being wrong. But yeah, when it becomes obvious, you jam your gears, strip your transmission, and try to join everyone else on the wagon like it never happened.

Not chapped, but not forgetting either.

What was I wrong about, Stash?

That he was good at developing talent? That he had been up to that point a good motivator?

I saw Jaylon Smith shying away from blocks, running away from piles, and then asking for Pro Bowl votes on twitter. I saw Gallup and Cooper dogging routes. I saw OL not finishing blocks.

That type of thing was new this past year so with new information I changed my mind. That does not mean your emotionally fueled qualitative ranting of years past was suddenly right.

I think I need add a trigger warning to my sig or something. You're not mad but you'll never forget? :laugh:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What was I wrong about, Stash?

That he was good at developing talent? That he had been up to that point a good motivator?

I saw Jaylon Smith shying away from blocks, running away from piles, and then asking for Pro Bowl votes on twitter. I saw Gallup and Cooper dogging routes. I saw OL not finishing blocks.

That type of thing was new this past year so with new information I changed my mind. That does not mean your emotionally fueled qualitative ranting of years past was suddenly right.

There it is! I knew it was coming! Whenever you're flat out wrong, the other guy is "emotional". Like clockwork. You were totally wrong about Jason Garrett, deal with it. The last guy to get it is the last guy who should be saying anything. And that's you. No "emotion", just the cold, hard truth.

I think I need add a trigger warning to my sig or something. You're not mad but you'll never forget? :laugh:

Whatever you need to do, I don't see them anyway. Have at it. Say whatever you want about me, your opinion and credibility is as one of the last people to 'get it' about Jason Garrett.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not much of a head coach perhaps, but a pretty good human being:

A great human being. Despite all of my valid criticisms of him, I never doubted that Garrett was a great person and friend.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
There it is! I knew it was coming! Whenever you're flat out wrong, the other guy is "emotional". Like clockwork. You were totally wrong about Jason Garrett, deal with it. The last guy to get it is the last guy who should be saying anything. And that's you. No "emotion", just the cold, hard truth.

Whatever you need to do, I don't see them anyway. Have at it. Say whatever you want about me, your opinion and credibility is as one of the last people to 'get it' about Jason Garrett.

You have done a great job illustrating my issue with your reasoning in the past. You do little to argue it other than handwave at it and then claim victory which just so happens to be the typical emotional nonsense you spout.

Even your "get it" nonsense is emotional. Have fun with the angry romantic bit.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You have done a great job illustrating my issue with your reasoning in the past. You do little to argue it other than handwave at it and then claim victory which just so happens to be the typical emotional nonsense you spout.

Even your "get it" nonsense is emotional. Have fun with the angry romantic bit.

Have fun being the last guy to "get it" on Jason Garrett.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Get what, Stash?

That he was bad at the job they hired him for? That he isn't and never was NFL head coaching material? That they wasted a decade of time, money, and player careers on a failed experiment?

All are applicable.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
That he was bad at the job they hired him for? That he isn't and never was NFL head coaching material? That they wasted a decade of time, money, and player careers on a failed experiment?

All are applicable.

I don't think in those terms. I never will.

Bad is a poor evaluation particularly given the very generalization it was applied to.

Coaching material? I would love to see you try to articulate what that means that is not circular or emotional.

Wasted? The team is still extremely talented and McCarthy has a lot to work with. The team certainly underachieved but the foundation of the roster remains strong. You can cry over spilled milk; I will be interested in what can happen moving forward.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think in those terms. I never will.

Bad is a poor evaluation particularly given the very generalization it was applied to.

Coaching material? I would love to see you try to articulate what that means that is not circular or emotional.

Wasted? The team is still extremely talented and McCarthy has a lot to work with. The team certainly underachieved but the foundation of the roster remains strong. You can cry over spilled milk; I will be interested in what can happen moving forward.

What I will do is not forget things that people got totally wrong. But sure, now recognizing a wasted decade is "crying over spilled milk", how pathetic.

Your credibility is gone.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
What I will do is not forget things that people got totally wrong. But sure, now recognizing a wasted decade is "crying over spilled milk", how pathetic.

Your credibility is gone.

I'm so torn up that you do not find me credible. . . .

What did I get totally wrong? You have yet to actually articulate any of my arguments. Instead I get these asinine strawmen which boil down to your angry romantic schtick.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm so torn up that you do not find me credible. . . .

What did I get totally wrong? You have yet to actually articulate any of my arguments. Instead I get these asinine strawmen which boil down to your angry romantic schtick.

I've told you already ad nauseum. You're the guy that tried to scold everyone that rightly said Garrett was a bad head coach - for years. And now you just think you "move on" and find the next thing to try to lecture people and be wrong about? Sorry, no.

Have the good sense to shut up after it's been made clear that you don't know what you're talking about.

The last guy to get it is the last guy to give anyone else advice or grief.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I've told you already ad nauseum. You're the guy that tried to scold everyone that rightly said Garrett was a bad head coach - for years. And now you just think you "move on" and find the next thing to try to lecture people and be wrong about? Sorry, no.

Have the good sense to shut up after it's been made clear that you don't know what you're talking about.

The last guy to get it is the last guy to give anyone else advice or grief.

That is not articulating my argument. You are characterizing me in an effort to discredit me. It's a lame smear technique based on your typical emotional nonsense.

You cannot articulate anything objectively meaningful. It's kinda funny.

And I didn't criticize your conclusion. I criticized how you achieved your conclusion. If you notice, I am still doing the same thing.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is not articulating my argument. You are characterizing me in an effort to discredit me. It's a lame smear technique based on your typical emotional nonsense.

It's fact Fuzzy, you know it, I know it, and most of this forum knows it. Deny it all you want. I don't need to go digging up your posts, I know the truth, and so does everyone else. Lie to yourself. No one else believes it. They know.

You cannot articulate anything objectively meaningful. It's kinda funny.

As "funny" as you trying to pretend the truth never happened? That "funny"?

And I didn't criticize your conclusion. I criticized how you achieved your conclusion. If you notice, I am still doing the same thing.

Knock yourself out. The only person you may be kidding is yourself. The word is out and everybody knows. You were one of the few remaining Garrett holdouts that tried to tell everyone else how wrong they were. Today reality slaps you in the face. Your credibility left town with him. Now you're noise.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
So there is a national report that indicates that he would be sought after. So nice of you to admit it. And I never "co-signed" anything. I was just refuting your nonsense with citation.

Then you have Rappaport reporting “My understanding is the Giants have emerged as a real and legitimate potential landing spot for Garrett,”

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...tt-is-flirting-with-giants-this-wont-end-well

So you were wrong that he would have no interest from the league. Have fun trying to deflect again.
You show me a November article? wow youre a joke.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
As interested as the Giants have been previously and as interested as Garrett may be currently, the two sides have yet to make contact.

“No indication that right now they are interested,” Rapoport added. “We’ll see if the Giants end up having interest, but I know Garrett has interest in them.”

Clown. This was from today and he STILL doesnt have any interview set up. Mr. number 1 candidate huh? :lmao:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
You show me a November article? wow youre a joke.

6 weeks ago it was reported that thee Giants had real interest. So far we have multiple sources backing my claim with zero for yours. All you are doing is demonstrating a remarkable level of pigheadedness.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
6 weeks ago it was reported that thee Giants had real interest. So far we have multiple sources backing my claim with zero for yours. All you are doing is demonstrating a remarkable level of pigheadedness.
I just posted a source from TODAY stating the Giants havent talked to Garrett at all and hes available. but were discussing pigheadedness? Like I said, CLOWN