News: PFT: Report: Kellen Moore expected to be Cowboys quarterbacks coach

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I've said Moore isn't guaranteed to fail just there are better candidates out there. That's factual.

Dak isn't reading defenses well and I've heard him tell Linehan that during a game on the sidelines. Plus, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see he's having problems. There is plenty of commentary out there, for what's that worth, that he's not making the reads. TBF, teams have loaded the box and dared him to throw it. It's factual that cost us games and the offense scored pitifully over stretches some new records for futility for the Boys. So what part of that is gibberish? We scored 354 pts this year which is 22 PPG. That's particularly ugly when we went several games without scoring a TD. So we either scored 30 PPG or we failed miserably. It's up to Dak in the majority then you can blame the scheme, playcalling and receivers for that fail. It's up to Dak to know where the hot read routes are and hit them. It's up to him to beat the blitz although I freely admit it's not 100% on him. Blaming the OL and the running game is not based in reality. We averaged 4.6 YPC without EE.

Where'd you get those numbers. We scored 354 pts this year. Do the math.

So unless you want to exonerate the QB as the principal architect of the offense then you're full of gibberish.

My man Jobber is administering a beat down on the homers, he aint playing around:thumbup:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I'm laughing at the board meltdown at this hiring. Moore is going to be an excellent coach. He has been under around coaching his whole life. His father was a coach and he played amazing college football under a great head coach (Chris Peterson). So he wasn't built to play in the NFL? So what, he can't coach now? Give the guy a chance.

I guess hiring of "so and so" would have been much better. "Yeah, awesome hiring!", though they've never even heard of their name before. haha

We heard the same thing about Garrett, "comes from a football family, his dad is a scout, ect, ect, ect...."

How has that worked out?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
tenor.gif

"Dam it, these plays all worked when I tested them on Madden last night"

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
So the guy Moore helped, lead the entire league in pick 6s.......................and this is a good thing:huh:
Hey goofball, he helped him when the team went 13-3. When he and Mark Sanchez were released and the only voices/support for Dak were an UFA rookie and Wade Wilson he led the league in pick 6's.
Surely you know when Moore was here versus when he wasn't right?
While you gotta make sure he has a LT next year as job 1, job 2 is getting him some more support in staff rooms, meetings and on the field.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Actually the article that was put out there by DMN said that Sanchez and Tony helped Dak and that Kellen wanted nothing to do with it......

I think Jerry is showing the NFL, once again, how smart he is. Not only is he home growing his own players, but coaches too. When a favorite player isn't good enough, you make him a position coach.......Teams will surely catch on.
I am giving you the stance of Garrett's Dad verbatim.

Sydla

Reaction score
I skipped over this thread until now but I knew exactly what the posts would be. Dak Prescott called Moore a genius who helped him immensely even as a teammate. I know Romo has been very complementary as well. Whatever people think of Jerry, he pays top dollar for coaches and only gambles on young guys if they are considered to be extremely bright.

This is yet another move that will cause a lot of Internet complaining and a year from now the same people will say they knew it was a good move all along. A year ago the same Internet meme was that DeMarcus Lawrence couldn't stay healthy and needed to be cut.

He gambled on Garrett. Who has one playoff win in 7 seasons and is looking more and more like Marvin Lewis than he is of an elite, SB winning type head coach.

Frankly, Jerry's ability to scout coaching is highly suspect.

Sydla

Reaction score
Give Moore an offensive analyst position. Quality control. Let him get his feet wet and see what he has.

This franchise is taking a massive risk in putting a guy like Prescott, who needs real coaching, in the hands of a guy who has no coaching experience at all.

But when you think about it, it just fits with how this franchise has been run recently.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
This is the stupidity of this ownership group.

Clear cracks in Prescott's game were on display this year, some of which are absolutely correctable with proper coaching. Now for all intents and purposes, the Jones' are behind Prescott and think he can be the QB of the future for this franchise.

So if you are backing that investment why would you not go out and get the most experienced, most competent QB coach you can find? Go out and get a guy that has a history of working with younger QBs.

No, instead they are going to potentially hire Moore, who is a Linehan favorite and Garrett favorite and they just want someone comfortable on their staff who will basically cowtail to their whims

Exactly. Did Moore even retire yet? I rather go see if Payton Manning wanted to be our QB coach first lmao. But rather get a experienced guy. Now we have another person learning on the job. Dexter Coakley coming back to coach the linebackers? Ratliff is going to coach the Dline? Doug Free coming to coach the Oline?

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Give Moore an offensive analyst position. Quality control. Let him get his feet wet and see what he has.

This franchise is taking a massive risk in putting a guy like Prescott, who needs real coaching, in the hands of a guy who has no coaching experience at all.

But when you think about it, it just fits with how this franchise has been run recently.

exactly. This franchise is turning into a joke. Jerry Jones the new Al Davis???