News: PFT: Report: NFL likely to review incident involving Ezekiel Elliott

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I don't know. I saw a guy flop or trip down. I didn't see Zeke touch him.

You need to watch it again, Zeke pushed against the guy with his body and gave him a little shove with his elbow, subtle but it's there.

Flop, yes, wasn't like Zeke shoved him with both hands, and I don't see it as a big deal, but can't ignore visual evidence...

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Expect anywhere from 1-4 games now and at least you wont be too shocked when it happens.......

I think nothing will come of it. The League was wrong in suspending him 6 games and they took a lot of heat. That suspension was over many incidences but not his case of assault. So many players since then have gotten no suspensions. I bet the league will give him another warning but will not suspend him.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I hope this is just looking into it. These other incidents are way worse and I feel zeke will get hit with suspension for which it seems to be nothing. Kareem hunt received 8 games. Tyreek hill nothing yet I believe.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After looking into it, they should know what the guard said to him. He refused to press charges and the cops took the cuffs off. He wasn't even popped for public drunkenness so he might get by with a warning or a fine on this one. However, I don't know how they're going to read the way he was behaving with that woman.

Crawford stands a better chance of getting disciplined because there was physicality involved and he went back inside the bar when he'd been told to stay outside.

GMO415

Reaction score
After looking into it, they should know what the guard said to him. He refused to press charges and the cops took the cuffs off. He wasn't even popped for public drunkenness so he might get by with a warning or a fine on this one. However, I don't know how they're going to read the way he was behaving with that woman.

Crawford stands a better chance of getting disciplined because there was physicality involved and he went back inside the bar when he'd been told to stay outside.
The NFL will use a "pattern of conduct" allegation on him.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Report: NFL likely to review incident involving Ezekiel Elliott

pft-48-e1558989204286.jpg

If the video from Las Vegas had involved almost anyone else, no one would have batted an eye. But because it was Ezekiel Elliott bumping a security guard, the NFL likely will review the incident, C...

Read Full Story
Of course they are
Lets jam the cowboys again!!!

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Report: NFL likely to review incident involving Ezekiel Elliott

pft-48-e1558989204286.jpg

If the video from Las Vegas had involved almost anyone else, no one would have batted an eye. But because it was Ezekiel Elliott bumping a security guard, the NFL likely will review the incident, C...

Read Full Story
well if he'd just stop doing stupid things in public there'd be nothing to review.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
There is nothing in this video on it's own that suggests Zeke should be suspended. Anybody who has watched him stiff arm a defender or fight for extra yards knows what he could have done to this security guard if he really wanted to hit him.

However, a one or two game punishment is a real possibility because of Elliott's history. Zeke (and all NFL players) need to display better judgment and realize that anything they do in public is going to go viral.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
If the security guard that was involved actually called Zeke the "n" word, as reported, he was truly asking for more than he got. The Commissioner's Office should take this into serious consideration before treating Elliott as harshly as they did in the past. After all is said and done, fair is fair.

Last edited:

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
If the security guard that was involved actually called Zeke the "n" word, as reported, he was truly asking for more than he got. The Commissioner's Office should take this into serious consideration before treating Elliott as harshly as they did in the past. After all is said and done, fair is fair.

I didn't know about the potential racial slur. If that guard did indeed say that, I am willing to forgive Zeke.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Fair enough, as much as I love the Cowboys I just can’t stand the excuse making, cry baby mentality (not talking about you). So I tend to go with the latter but I understand your stance and respect it even if we disagree on future topics ;)
Who on this thread is making excuses for Zeke? Please show us. You're the one who is actually ranting about excuses others have made for Zeke on other threads over a year ago, but it has nothing to do for today or on this topic. It's clear you simply don't like Zeke, so you are the one ranting against those either questioning your rant or questioning Goodell on this current nothing burger incident.

aria

Reaction score
Who on this thread is making excuses for Zeke? Please show us. You're the one who is actually ranting about excuses others have made for Zeke on other threads over a year ago, but it has nothing to do for today or on this topic. It's clear you simply don't like Zeke, so you are the one ranting against those either questioning your rant or questioning Goodell on this current nothing burger incident.
Are you still around? Multiple people have proved you wrong several times, go stick your head in a hole for awhile before you make a further fool of yourself.

And of course it’s clear I don’t like Zeke because I’ve specifically stated I don’t like him several times but you obviously have selective reading. Lol, I’m “ranting” about people questioning Goodell? Haha, look up the definition of rant and show me how that applies to anything I’ve said to anyone about Goodell.

Go kick rocks dude, you’re out of your league and don’t even know it. I’d figure so many people correcting you that you would eventually understand that but sadly you don’t and probably never will. It’s ok to admit when you’re wrong, you should try it sometime, based on your posts you would get plenty of practice.

Last edited:

erod

Reaction score
And you are one of those fans that are living proof with your hate for the team you profess to love.
So you seem to be calling out yourself here that usually post irrational and illogical posts.
It's just a matter of personal standards and principles. They define us all. I can root and still see it as it is. Others can't or won't. Simple as that.