PFT: Short leash on Pacman per Mort *Merge*

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Well, I'm not hoping for him to fail, but if he does screw up again, he should be out of the league for good. I'm surprised he's gotten this many chances.

Reaction score
ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports that Cowboys CB/PR Adam Jones will be banned from the NFL for life if he doesn't strictly adhere to the terms of his reinstatement from suspension.

Jones must continue to attend intensive rehab and counseling as an outpatient during his stay in the league. A mere missed meeting would get him banned for good. Jones is scheduled to practice on Monday. His suspension will stand at six games by the time he's allowed to play in a game again.
Source: ESPN.com

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
sacase;2436049 said:
If he doesn't have alcohol issues then why is he getting counseling and rehab for it?

That is what I would like to know. The report out last week was that the therapists at his alcohol rehab facility said he DID NOT have an alcohol problem.

Yes Mr. Howdy Doody Goodell - im talking about you.

38137f.jpg

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I highly doubt that one missed appointment would create a lifetime ban. Especially a reasonable excuse. That is just not normally done. Stopped by a traffic cop and you're late. On and on. I wouldn't be too surprised to hear that a failed test or unexcused absence could lead to a suspension for the rest of this year. And despite what some think here, this is not an unusual situation. There are plenty of people in programs designed to keep them employed and get help. The programs are designed to have measurable success. They aren't set up with extreme measures of punishment for small failures.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2438433 said:
ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports that Cowboys CB/PR Adam Jones will be banned from the NFL for life if he doesn't strictly adhere to the terms of his reinstatement from suspension.

Jones must continue to attend intensive rehab and counseling as an outpatient during his stay in the league. A mere missed meeting would get him banned for good. Jones is scheduled to practice on Monday. His suspension will stand at six games by the time he's allowed to play in a game again.
Source: ESPN.com

This is what bothers me. Pac being out and someone having it in for him and messes w/ him just to get him kicked out of the league. I hope for his sake that they have something in place for those types of situations, because you KNOW it will hapen eventually.

Basically Roger is telling Pacman to never be a regular guy outside an NFL game.

What happens if Pac has a great next few years and then slips up for some tiny stupid thing. Does Roger pounce and be all.

"I Gotchya Now PacMan" "FINALLY!"

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
sacase;2436049 said:
If he doesn't have alcohol issues then why is he getting counseling and rehab for it?

Dallas;2438468 said:
That is what I would like to know. The report out last week was that the therapists at his alcohol rehab facility said he DID NOT have an alcohol problem.

Yes Mr. Howdy Doody Goodell - im talking about you.

38137f.jpg

Many people who injudiciously use alcohol or even have adverse consequences as a result of alcohol use or impairment aren't labeled as being addicted to alcohol. That doesn't mean that complete abstinence for alcohol isn't necessary. I'd bet big bucks that alcohol is prohibited and a positive test or other confirmation of use would result in a suspension.

AJ clearly has issues. That is what is being addressed. He absolutely needs intervention and I'd guess he's in for years of therapy. Assuming he stays in a situation where he can afford it.

Randy White

Reaction score
jackrussell;2436041 said:
To make it easier, perhaps someone could draw up some sort of 'Defense Menu'.

Just copy and paste your selections when the time comes.

Appetizers - (served with choice of wine)

Goodell's Cowboy Hate
Media's Cowboy Hate

Main Menu - (also served with choice of wine)

World Out to Get Pac
Done Nothin' You Aint Done
Pac Needs Our Help
Player's Want Pac

Dessert Menu - (incredibly, served wtih even more wine)

Give Pac A Chance
Happy Now Our Best CB Is Gone?
What About Leonard Little?
What About Belichek?

Thanks for choosing from our PacMan Excuse Menu. We're alway's looking for ways to better serve you. Our suggestion box is located near the door that PacMan Jones was just shown.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
He only has the man in the mirror to blame. Tough restrictions, but worth it to live up to them IMO.

If he does it, great. If he doesn't, oh well. See ya.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Hostile;2438525 said:
He only has the man in the mirror to blame. Tough restrictions, but worth it to live up to them IMO.

If he does it, great. If he doesn't, oh well. See ya.

Agreed. It isn't that tough to stay out of trouble.

He needs to get his life in order and just chill and play football and pay the bills.

Fly to Bali in the off season Pac. Just get outta here so we can use you and those amazing skills next season.

NOTHING happens in Bali... well cept that one disco thing.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Dallas;2438539 said:
Agreed. It isn't that tough to stay out of trouble.

He needs to get his life in order and just chill and play football and pay the bills.

Fly to Bali in the off season Pac. Just get outta here so we can use you and those amazing skills next season.

NOTHING happens in Bali... well cept that one disco thing.
Attend meetings, practice, work out, eat out, go home. Play Madden for entertainment.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I did not see this any where but if it is a repost, mods, please delete. I saw on ESPN that Chris Mortsen reported that if Jones screws up one more time (miss an assign counseling appointment, fighting, etc) he will be permanently banned from the league. Just FYI.

djtavo

Jesus is Lord
Reaction score
He should be ban from life if he makes another dumb mistake . . lol

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He'll make another one. He can't miss a counseling meeting? He just got suspended for fighting his own bodyguard. HE'll screw up again. It sucks that his leash is this short but he put it on himself. I guess now all we can do is give him a minor role where we don't have to depend on him. Maybe some nickel and just have him kick returning and punt returning.

Thomas82

Reaction score
djtavo;2439634 said:
He should be ban from life if he makes another dumb mistake . . lol

Well, he had every chance to get himself together. All of this could have been avoided.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We certainly cannot count on that dingbat to be around longterm.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Hope he has really good tires, cant afford any flats on the way to his meetings.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Bigdog;2439629 said:
I did not see this any where but if it is a repost, mods, please delete. I saw on ESPN that Chris Mortsen reported that if Jones screws up one more time (miss an assign counseling appointment, fighting, etc) he will be permanently banned from the league. Just FYI.

This does not seem fair......PACMAN deserves multiple chances. :mad: