PFT: Short leash on Pacman per Mort *Merge*

bigE79

Reaction score
Bigdog;2439629 said:
I did not see this any where but if it is a repost, mods, please delete. I saw on ESPN that Chris Mortsen reported that if Jones screws up one more time (miss an assign counseling appointment, fighting, etc) he will be permanently banned from the league. Just FYI.
that pretty much means that other then playing and breathing,everything else is banable,if banable is even a word:star:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
DallasEast;2436059 said:
Why? Who would be to blame for his failure?

Uhhh...is this a serious question? The only person to blame for his failure is himself. He brought this all on himself.

With that said I'm hoping the guy fly's right and gets his act together and stops putting himself in these bad situations. The guy has been given another chance, and a golden oppurtunity, to remain playing in the NFL and I hope, for his sake, that he's able to realise that and stay out of trouble.

I wouldn't bet on him being able to do it, cause the odds are terrible, but I'm hoping he's able to.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
sacase;2436049 said:
If he doesn't have alcohol issues then why is he getting counseling and rehab for it?

Because he got in trouble and alcohol was involved. Look on the bright side if he does not have an issue with alcohol then he should have no problem with rehab.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Look how many players there are in the NFL who have never been in trouble, fined, suspended, etc. So why should Pacman get any slack at all if they can do it?

jimmy40

Reaction score
Bigdog;2439629 said:
I did not see this any where but if it is a repost, mods, please delete. I saw on ESPN that Chris Mortsen reported that if Jones screws up one more time (miss an assign counseling appointment, fighting, etc) he will be permanently banned from the league. Just FYI.
Why would pacman believe this? Looks like his suspensions are getting shorter.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
sacase;2436049 said:
If he doesn't have alcohol issues then why is he getting counseling and rehab for it?

How do any of us know that this latest round of counseling/rehab is for substance abuse? Could be for anger management or something concerning his personal developement.

Not that I care but let's not ride the "He's been deemed not an alcoholic" excuse. He's got TONS of issues.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Seven;2440045 said:
How do any of us know that this latest round of counseling/rehab is for substance abuse? Could be for anger management or something concerning his personal developement.

Not that I care but let's not ride the "He's been deemed not an alcoholic" excuse. He's got TONS of issues.

Because it has been reported. I don't care one way or the other all I do care about is if he is a member of this team he stay out of trouble and does what is asked of him by the Cowboys and the league.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2435975 said:
Commish wants pacman to fail.

or maybe he wants to build a net under him that will give him no room for error because he has proven he can't handle any wiggle room. I am definately not a supporter of the commish and I believe it is sick what he let Belicheat get away with, I don't think Pacman should get ANY more chances if he fails at all from here

khiladi

Reaction score
So the rehab clinic stated Pac-man wasn't an alcohlic and now he has to attend regularly scheduled sessions regarding an alcoholism problem he doesn't have?Last time I checked, didn't Jerry himself say it wasn't stipulated by the NFL, per his re-instatement process, that he has to avoid alcohol...Lovely... Goodell strikes again...Pac-man should flat out sue this league, especially Goodell...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
khiladi;2440096 said:
So the rehab clinic stated Pac-man wasn't an alcohlic and now he has to attend regularly scheduled sessions regarding an alcoholism problem he doesn't have?Last time I checked, didn't Jerry himself say it wasn't stipulated by the NFL, per his re-instatement process, that he has to avoid alcohol...Lovely... Goodell strikes again...Pac-man should flat out sue this league, especially Goodell...

On what grounds? Pacman is lucky to even be getting yet another chance. Alcohol was involved in the incident and that is enough for the league to put him in rehab

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
khiladi;2440096 said:

I'm sure if the NFLPA thought they had even a remotely winnable case in a lawsuit they'd have done that for him or would have advised him too. The fact that he hasn't tells me someone around him is smart enough to realise that he probably would get slaughtered in an attempt to sue and that would really be great for him then in regards to trying to keep his NFL career.

khiladi

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2440115 said:
On what grounds? Pacman is lucky to even be getting yet another chance. Alcohol was involved in the incident and that is enough for the league to put him in rehab

Note to clueless:The NFL did put him in re-hab and that very re-hab stated he wasn't an alcoholic...So they are making him attend sessions for a problem he doesn't even have to the point that if he doesn't attend a session for a problem he doesn't have, he is threatened a life-time suspension...Wow... All praise the logic of Goodell...

khiladi

Reaction score
I'd just love to see how half you guys with your self-righteous rhetoric would deal with being under a microscope...
It's easy to talk the talk, but most of the time, when people do that, it is called blowing hot-air......

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
khiladi;2440167 said:
I'd just love to see how half you guys with your self-righteous rhetoric would deal with being under a microscope...

MORE than half of us aren't stupid enough to be placed there............then there's that.

khiladi;2440167 said:
It's easy to talk the talk, but most of the time, when people do that, it is called blowing hot-air......

Ok for you to do it FOR him, tho.............

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Makes Sense, if he can't adhere to the conditions then he doesn't deserve to play in the NFL.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
khiladi;2440156 said:
Note to clueless:The NFL did put him in re-hab and that very re-hab stated he wasn't an alcoholic...So they are making him attend sessions for a problem he doesn't even have to the point that if he doesn't attend a session for a problem he doesn't have, he is threatened a life-time suspension...Wow... All praise the logic of Goodell...

Hello!!! Alcohol was involved in the incident that does not make him a alcoholic but according to the rules of the NFL that is enough for them to make him seek counseling. Any time drugs or alcohol are involved in an incident they are well within their rights to send him to treatment. Granted you don't care what he does but the NFL does and as long as he wants to play in the NFL then he has to live by their rules. You don't seem to grasp that fact.

khiladi

Reaction score
BTW, the people of Dallas have no right to complain about Adam Jones and 'alcohol' with all their obesity problems...

khiladi

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2440254 said:
Hello!!! Alcohol was involved in the incident that does not make him a alcoholic but according to the rules of the NFL that is enough for them to make him seek counseling. Any time drugs or alcohol are involved in an incident they are well within their rights to send him to treatment. Granted you don't care what he does but the NFL does and as long as he wants to play in the NFL then he has to live by their rules. You don't seem to grasp that fact.

Genius... They sent him to re-hab... The clilnic said he wasn't an alcoholic... So why is he getting treatment for s problem that very clinic says doesn't exist?Keep trying...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
khiladi;2440167 said:

He has had problems since College he has been given numerous chances both in college and the pros and yet can't stay out of trouble. Most players in the NFL do not have 1 run in let alone 13 run in with the law. Self righteous you have got to be kidding? Pacman has gotten more chance than most people will ever get in the real world