PFT: Should Zeke hold out for a new deal?

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
If it said I was a **** nosed mo-fo, I would have understood it. Sadly, it didn't, did it?
Are you of depleted uranium level density tween yer ears?
Or just functionally operating in the beyond retrograde setting of life support mode akin to backwater leech& river fluke activity in yer' wheelhouse?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
1000%......sooner the better

Actually salaries appear to be going down for a RB. Since that stupid deal for Gurley.

Of ANY of the Cowboys Zeke is ONE guy you definitely do NOT sign now. He has two years of cheap money left on his deal and then he is 100% a candidate for using the franchise tag as RB salaries are generally cheaper. By the end of his 5th or 6th year he will be toast anyway so will be no need to sign him to a 2nd big contract.

Simply cannot sign RB 's to huge contracts in THIS offense. Way too many high priced guys along the line and in other areas on the offense. Need to go with RB by committee.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
Are you of depleted uranium level density tween yer ears?
Or just functionally operating in the beyond retrograde setting of life support mode akin to backwater leech& river fluke activity in yer' wheelhouse?
Well, naturally my uranium levels have been depleting since birth but what does that have to do with Zeke's potential new contract?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Let zeke play out 1 more year then trade him and get another good rb in the draft.

blueblood70

Reaction score
well ill say the Bell contract helped for sure gives the FO some better comps then the overpaid bloated Gurley contract which might be the last given to a RB.. So Zeke can argue Gurley Cowbioys say Bells a better example..right now might be best

issue for me is giving a player a new contract after year 3 of 5yr deal when you have so many other players due sooner ie Dak, Amari, and Tank..i believe Zeke needs to wait until after next year..

Tussinman

Reaction score
Since Zeke was drafted so high the deal he signed is still top 5 in the league for guaranteed money at his position even 3 years later.........

He's making enough money to where he can't say "you guys are screwing me over" but he's clearly too talented to play on a 5th year option (5th year option are for guys that still have question marks or only played good one year aka Byron Jones and Tank).

Article posted is lame. Author whined that Zeke was gonna get slightly less than 4 million but the reason why he's getting a lower amount on the final year is because he got a 16 million dollar signing bonus.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Do teams still trade for running backs though?
They might for him. Elliot, bell. Big time players. I think the problems start after this year. The 5th year option or tag is gonna stir the pot. His agent is gonna be in his ear.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Well, naturally my uranium levels have been depleting since birth but what does that have to do with Zeke's potential new contract?
As tempting as the piss ignorant one word reply of "WHAT" is ,in the furtheration of our corresponding dialog my fellow of as yet unseen friendliness, my calibered class of onboard Casing-liner overrides that primitive impulse commonly found within those of low flow motor synoptic neural transmissions as yer' provenly deemed an worthy recipient thereof,,,oh-yes, you are:thumbup:

* Zeke ,while having proved dominant thus far in the short lived field of whose who in runningback world isn't commanding all that great of a fortuitous position in dictating contractual terms of ongoing employment,,, did that perhaps vapor waft in between those tightly wrapped layers of cabbage leafs, of which God hisself has jokingly spiked a head of future cole-slaw between yer' shoulder blades that you've obviously been referring to as yer' head all these years,,,SHEESE!o_O

MaaS

Reaction score
We should never give Zeke big money. Ride him for his rookie contract then cut him loose and draft the next one. As good as he is, he won't be worth having in 3 years. It's a position that is never worth a big expense.

Which is precisely why Zeke should hold out.

I hope he doesn't as a fan -- but it's the smart thing to do.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Exercise the option year, let the contract run and decide whether to tag him or not after that depending on the price. And do not get caught flat footed without a good backup if they decide to tag him. No reason to have any RB past 6 seasons in today's NFL. Good ones are too easy to find and great ones do not get teams over the hump.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
We will either give him a big contract first or he'll hold out until he gets it.

I would honestly toss him on the trade block once he holds out. But this place and Jerry are infatuated with him, so he'll become the highest paid RB in the league.

JayFord

Reaction score
SJ said they would be paying him. But likel said it so he will play out his rookie deal. They will have big money next year and will likely extend him or sign new contract for 4 years. Elliot won’t play under the tag.

He said he was paying him he didn’t say how much

Trust me he’s lowballing zeke

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We will either give him a big contract first or he'll hold out until he gets it.

I would honestly toss him on the trade block once he holds out. But this place and Jerry are infatuated with him, so he'll become the highest paid RB in the league.
What team would trade for him and pay him what he wants? RB's are not seen as critical pieces and Michel made Gurley look like a backup in the SB.

Hardline

Reaction score
Zeke is a work horse and built like a tank. Wear and tear won't be as much of a problem with him like other backs.

I don't fear extending his contract.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Do teams still trade for running backs though?

if he has another 1500+ yard season with 1 year left on his current contract they might. Not suggesting they give up a 1 but the most we get if he walks is a comp 3. But I am also assuming he wants to be paid more than he is now, but I wouldn't offer more than maybe 6 a year for that position.

conner01

Reaction score
Cowboys history of doing contracts with their franchised RBs is not a friendly one ( Emmitt Smith and DeMarco Murray).
That’s true
And with Zeke to me it’s now or never
But a player thinking of holding out on a 5th year option or even franchise tag to me is wrong
I get players, especially RB wanting paid
But this is the system they agreed to
If I was players I would look at next CBA and limit the tag to just one year. But I’m big on doing what I agreed to even in cases I wish I had never agreed to it

mattjames2010

Reaction score
What team would trade for him and pay him what he wants? RB's are not seen as critical pieces and Michel made Gurley look like a backup in the SB.

A few teams thinking they are one piece away would trade for him LOL

Trent freakin' Richardson got Browns some picks. Zeke would have some stupid team give up some valuable picks for him.