News: PFT: Teams calling about trading for Cowboys O and DLinemen

Rayman70

Reaction score
Collins and Crawford are real trade possibilities. I can see Collins going to the Texans, staying in state and getting to be closer to his native Louisiana. Crawford has been a nonfactor all offseason..he's expendable.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Looney wouldn't and isn't LG. That's Connor Williams job

Just because he’s defaulted there for the time being doesn’t make it his. Earning it makes it his, which he has yet to do. Looney is your fifth best Olineman, few would disagree with that, and he absolutely is talented enough to play LG. It’s a logical move.

Rayman70

Reaction score
trade Collins, move Connor Williams out to a natural fit for him at RT. Then insert Joe Looney at LG as your starter. Then Xavier IS YOUR 5th best oline man than can play either guard spot.We still have Fleming that can play both tackle positions if need be. Better to move Collins now and get something.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Just because he’s defaulted there for the time being doesn’t make it his. Earning it makes it his, which he has yet to do. Looney is your fifth best Olineman, few would disagree with that, and he absolutely is talented enough to play LG. It’s a logical move.
Looney isn't 5th best OL. Connor Williams is a much better player and he isn't taking Williams spot. You're fooling yourself if you think so.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I am guessing teams are interested in DL Wise, Jelks, Covington, Jackson, Ricky Walker and Taco.
I am guessing the Cowboys would like to place Wise, Jelks, and maybe Walker on the PS. I doubt Wise and Jelks will make it to the PS.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Then call me a fool because I do not love what I’ve seen from Connor thusfar.
I agree. I haven't seen much difference really. I see a guy that belongs at RT so he can utilize his athletism. He's just not a phone booth guard...he works better in space

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
On O Line, I would trade Collins but it would 1) need to be for significant value and 2) it would be because I think McGovern is ready to go.

Looney's versatility is extremely valuable so wouldn't trade him BUT this FO loves to pat themselves on the back, so if they think Adam Redmond is THAT DUDE , maybe they feel confident in moving Looney for value.

D Line. Taco? Sure but it would be them admitting they messed up, and they don't really do that. Tyrone Crawford? Yes please. I doubt they find anyone willing to take on his contract though. Maliek Collins? Most of us think he's about to play lights out in his contract year. Why would we not want to get a great year out of him and a 2021 3rd round compensatory for our trouble? If a deal beats that perceived value then sure. One of the young guys like Jelks or Jackson? No problem at all getting something for them versus cutting a talented player. Hill isn't going anywhere. Armstrong? Again, if someone is willing to give up solid value than maybe. We'd be passing up benefitting from 3 more years of a very affordable pass rusher. Quinn is a 1-year rental and Gregory is a literal wildcard.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Someone’s going to make an offer on Taco and Sua Filo. They are too good value right now to pass up a mid round draft pick or other positional depth.

I'm not trading either...give someone that chump from Texas. He can't block worth a crap....penalty prone. :rolleyes:

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Maliek Collins is a shocker to see on your list for me.

I like him because i want yo win now and he can help, but hes not part of their long term plans. Same with quinn but i think hes too expensive to trade.

8FOR!3

Reaction score

Agreed and part of me wants to entertain La'el Collins and even Tyron Smith (that's tough for me to say bc he's been a great pro for us) but we can't do that without replacements and I just think that could screw us going into this season. But Smith missing a bunch of games does us no better either. The thing is, hopefully he doesn't miss a bunch of games hopefully we can get him through the season and draft his replacement next year and maybe get one more solid year or two out of him.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Collins won't be back next year, so if the offer was high, I'd probably pull the trigger.
I know it would be a big risk, but things are pointing in the direction of Williams being the RT in 2020, so not necessarily the worst thing in the world to make it this year.
With Smith's back they probably need to be looking for another swing guy already, if there's not one in-house.

I agree here. Collins would be who I move, and I'd slide Williams over to replace him.

jay94

Reaction score
Unless they want to give up a premium I wouldn't even give the call a chance.