PFT: Tony Romo: Dak Prescott has been productive since arriving in Dallas

khiladi

Reaction score
He was chubby most his career. You're not helping his argument.

He wasn’t anywhere near as chubby as he was after coming off surgery and not being able to practice until training camp. The laws of science are against your anecdotal information that clearly shows you have really bad vision. Take the L bruh..

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I loved Romo too. It’s just complete BS to question his motives and his judgment now, because he said something you didn’t want to hear.

If he said Dak isn’t very good and not worth the money. You would be taking that quote to the bank.

Romo is nothing like Irvin. Nice false equivalency though.
Your point made no sense

What does liking Romo as a player have anything to do with Dak?

You are embarrassing yourself, again.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...has-been-productive-since-arriving-in-dallas/

Prescott, who replaced Romo as the Cowboys’ starting quarterback when Romo was injured in the 2016 preseason, has earned that, Romo said.

“In the NFL — quarterbacks, running backs, receivers — it doesn’t matter. It’s about the production,” Romo told CBS Sports HQ. “Are you winning? Are you helping your football team win? And are you producing? And Dak’s done that since the moment he stepped on the field.”

The Cowboys also are working on deals with Cooper and Elliott — Elliott remains a holdout from training camp — but have expressed confidence at getting all three signed to long-term deals. Romo said it’s a matter of when, not if.

“All three of these guys, their deals are going to get done,” Romo said. “It’s just fun for people to talk about while it’s going on.

“They’re all great players, and I think it’s just a matter of time before they get paid.”
The special delivery man comes through with an endorsement.

khiladi

Reaction score
Romo, when he talks actual football, alluded to the fact, trying to change Dak’s mechanics and footwork was basically a disaster in the making.

“What I found over my career?” according to Romo, “The throwing motion actually produced the footwork. In other words, the way you throw a football, you almost change your footwork based on that- for power, for precision, to throw a spiral, when the wind is left to right or right to left. So for me, the more I worked on footwork in football, actually, I found that my throwing mechanics suffered sometimes because it was actually making it more difficult.”

““I’m not saying one way is right or wrong. I’ve oalways felt like I wanted to attack the arm angle and the way the ball was coming out first, and then I would eventually move down… As long as he is throwing the ball with velocity and spin, then I wouldn’t mess with it too much.”

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...ony-romo-interview-jason-witten-dak-prescott/

HungryLion

Reaction score
Your point made no sense

What does liking Romo as a player have anything to do with Dak?

You are embarrassing yourself, again.

My point makes perfect sense. Romo was QB for the cowboys. A successful QB. Who played in the same system for the same coaches, the same front office, with most of the same supporting cast. He played with Dak for a season for crying out loud.

He knows far far FAR more about the job Dak has done than you, or anybody else on this board including me. That’s a fact. But since YOU don’t like what he said. You want to question his motivation and his judgment. Which is pretty funny.

If you can’t understand that concept. I can’t help you.

Blake

Reaction score
He wasn’t anywhere near as chubby as he was after coming off surgery and not being able to practice until training camp. The laws of science are against your anecdotal information that clearly shows you have really bad vision. Take the L bruh..

This whole thread is an L for you. lol.

Romo was a fatty even when healthy.
Should've put more time in the gym.

khiladi

Reaction score
This whole thread is an L for you. lol.

Romo was a fatty even when healthy.
Should've put more time in the gym.

Nah bruh, that’s really not how the thread went, besides the fact your comments were a ridiculously absurd tangent.

And all the lifting in the world isn’t going to teach Dak how to go through his progressions and not panic in the pocket into a whopping 56 sacks and like 13 fumbles bruh..

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
My point makes perfect sense. Romo was QB for the cowboys. A successful QB. Who played in the same system for the same coaches, the same front office, with most of the same supporting cast. He played with Dak for a season for crying out loud.

He knows far far FAR more about the job Dak has done than you, or anybody else on this board including me. That’s a fact. But since YOU don’t like what he said. You want to question his motivation and his judgment. Which is pretty funny.

If you can’t understand that concept. I can’t help you.
The biggest Dak homers such as yourself wouldnt even consider Dak a “great” player, yet im supposed to believe Tony’s endorsement? :laugh:

Yea, ok...

Praxit

Reaction score
...I dont see how. Dallas has FO's looming next year. Cant pay everyone.

HungryLion

Reaction score
The biggest Dak homers such as yourself wouldnt even consider Dak a “great” player, yet im supposed to believe Tony’s endorsement? :laugh:

Yea, ok...

Exactly. Don’t like what you hear, So question his motives. Like I said. Hilarious and expected.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Exactly. Don’t like what you hear, So question his motives. Like I said. Hilarious and expected.
Its funny because you are the king of that.

Any thread that paints Dak in a bad light, is a “stupid” thread to you.

But here you are, chuckling it up when you agree with the message. Typical

408Cowboy

Reaction score
It’s rich seeing people who have been rippinG Dak and pimping Romo, now criticizing Romo and his judgement or his motivation.

Just classic.
It's like this has no merit but when Dak said Romo helped him a lot his rookie year it was the end of the story. All the reports and eye witness accounts to the contrary were meaningless. I chalk it up to both being company men.

Blake

Reaction score
It's like this has no merit but when Dak said Romo helped him a lot his rookie year it was the end of the story. All the reports and eye witness accounts to the contrary were meaningless. I chalk it up to both being company men.

My how the tables have turned. Proves their hypocrisy.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Its funny because you are the king of that.

Any thread that paints Dak in a bad light, is a “stupid” thread to you.

But here you are, chuckling it up when you agree with the message. Typical

Me calling a couple of threads stupid is all of a sudden any thread? Especially when one of the threads literally called Dak a scumbag and scam
Artist?

Nice over generalization there man.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Romo after Dez being released:

“But Dez’s rare trait was over his head. I’ve never really seen another guy, maybe Calvin Johnson, but I’ve never really seen a guy be able to do the things he does. He still has that capability. Dez is never actually covered even when he’s covered. That’s a rare trait. If he was singled up, if you could put the ball in a certain spot he could always get it. There’s not really another guy that I ever played with who could do that. It kind of simplifies the offense a little bit in a sense. If Dez was kind of by himself, you’d just throw 15-20 yards, above his head 3 yards and however you want to guard him it doesn’t matter. You can’t go get that ball, he can. I worked hard with him at that because that throw requires timing, precision. You gotta throw it hard. “

"As far as personality between the two, they're also a little bit different. I think Dez is misunderstood in a lot ways. I know there a times where he can get talking and be volatile on the sideline and stuff, but a lot of it is positive. I've had every receiver who wants the ball. I think what you'll find is there's so many personalities on the football field. When the receivers are more demonstrative on the sideline and stuff, they're just more demonstrative than offensive linemen. But people can be pouty in different ways. They can do anything in different ways. They just are vocal sometimes where you can see it on camera.
Which of you fools that dislike Dez, are going to dispute what Romo was saying here?

Remember yall had continuous threads on here saying dez was a cancer?

HungryLion

Reaction score
You should ask them what Tony Romo thinks of Dez Bryant as a football player...

Go ahead and ask me. I said repeatedly I didn’t want Dez cut and that I thought the issues were correctable. I was the one pointing out that Dak and Dez played well together in 2016.

So feel free to ask that question all day....... oops.

Even though me and @WillieBeamen disagree about Dak and give each other a hard time sometimes. We always saw eye to eye on Dez.