PFT: Tony Romo: Dak Prescott has been productive since arriving in Dallas

HungryLion

Reaction score
God this is funny all of a sudden Romo is Dak camp people favorite guy, before he was, garbage , loser, choke artist, and a whole lot of other things. This post is really filled with Dakiods just embracing love for Romo. Everyone loves them both now, it doesn't get any better.

I’ve always loved Romo.

So you quoting me to post this makes zero sense.

As somebody said earlier. It’s entirely possible for Cowboys fans to like both.

Brax

Reaction score
I’ve always loved Romo.

So you quoting me to post this makes zero sense.

As somebody said earlier. It’s entirely possible for Cowboys fans to like both.
My bad didn't mean your post, meant the posts in general, I'm just enjoying. but Dak GOAT come on. I hope all sides can laugh a little at the craziness of this Dak debate. Some think he is great some good to average no problem either way we are all going to watch the games, the venom spewed is pretty bad both ways so a laugh is good for all, peace brother.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Wow you a Romo guy, funny how this works, Aikman s a idiot because he criticized Dak, Romo sucked Dak was great , now Romo is great and the sage of the ages. Talk about trolls you really make us laugh keep up the comedy.

I have no idea what you are talking about troll. Making things up?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Didn’t Romo get a check from JJ last year. He was still getting paid from his deal. Lol.
No.

Cap dead money is money the player received in previous years but it didn't hit the cap until after they were gone.

Romo has not been paid by the Cowboys since 2016.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
One day you may be surprised to learn that others don't have the chip on their shoulder you think they have. They don't hate...like the narrative says. They aren't out to beat folk down...like the narrative says.

Sure there are the ugly ones, but that's not the majority.

And on that day....you might also discover that all these false narratives have caused that ugly chip to have grown...on your shoulder.

Me? Love Tony. Love Dak. Not a fan of owners nor agents, nor all the money and crap that beats down the sport.

Peace brother. Truly. I'm a fan of your future joy.
Well if you like Tony and Dak.....guess what? You aren't the one I'm referencing to.

HungryLion

Reaction score
My bad didn't mean your post, meant the posts in general, I'm just enjoying. but Dak GOAT come on. I hope all sides can laugh a little at the craziness of this Dak debate. Some think he is great some good to average no problem either way we are all going to watch the games, the venom spewed is pretty bad both ways so a laugh is good for all, peace brother.

No doubt Brax.

Even though I disagree with a bunch of posters here. I still enjoy the debate and ultimately respect most posters on this board.

Honestly this thread was just the perfect opportunity for some good natured ribbing.

Even though I like Dak and think he is going to keep improving and be a good QB for us. I have also openly stated many times that if the cowboys did get rid of him and found somebody better. I am fine with it. I just think it will be a tough task to find somebody better and know there are risks with drafting QB’s even top 10 ones. Which is why I prefer keeping Dak.

Ultimately I don’t care who the QB is. Just win baby.

glimmerman

Reaction score
No.

Cap dead money is money the player received in previous years but it didn't hit the cap until after they were gone.

Romo has not been paid by the Cowboys since 2016.
Ok. I heard that Romo asked JJ to cut or release him. By doing that it would have allowed him to sign with another team. But he didn’t want to do that, it was so he didn’t have to pay back 5 million in bonus money he already got paid. JJ did him one last favor. Lol. A retirement bonus.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok. I heard that Romo asked JJ to cut or release him. By doing that it would have allowed him to sign with another team. But he didn’t want to do that, it was so he didn’t have to pay back 5 million in bonus money he already got paid. JJ did him one last favor. Lol. A retirement bonus.
Yes, the Cowboys could have waited longer to cut him and he would have missed the time frame to sign with CBS for that season.

The Cowboys probably should have waited to cut him and required CBS to pay back the prorated portion of bonus money because that would come back off the cap.

The Cowboys could even have waited for Romo to retire such that he could take the CBS job, then file to get the bonus money back, then they could have hired Romo as a coaching consultant for day and paid him 5M. Romo would have got the 5M but the Cowboys could have taken the 5M off the cap.

Brax

Reaction score
No doubt Brax.

Even though I disagree with a bunch of posters here. I still enjoy the debate and ultimately respect most posters on this board.

Honestly this thread was just the perfect opportunity for some good natured ribbing.

Even though I like Dak and think he is going to keep improving and be a good QB for us. I have also openly stated many times that if the cowboys did get rid of him and found somebody better. I am fine with it. I just think it will be a tough task to find somebody better and know there are risks with drafting QB’s even top 10 ones. Which is why I prefer keeping Dak.

Ultimately I don’t care who the QB is. Just win baby.
Bingo, there's not much option at this point in QB, and as we know QB's just do not grow on tree's, price is the only question on Dak. This post is quite entertaining on both sides

Frozen700

Reaction score
bububububububbut............his stats are mediocre!!!! :lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao:

From Romo's mouth into a trolls ear. Nice that Romo debunks the Romo cry baby trolls.

What's he supposed to say? Daknis average and doesn't deserve that much?

This is one subject he has to be super nice, or he else he looks bitter.

Don't try and use this and feed your self

PUSHfold

Reaction score
Hey Dak-Zoids its the smart play what else is Tony gonna say the truth that Dak sucks?
Think about the blow-back that would create for him esp in his new career.
Common sense goes a long way in life fellows!!!!

Huh? He's an ANALYST...his job is to ANALYZE football, part of which is being critical. Aikman blasts the Cowboys constantly(everyone still loves him) so Romo would have no problem doing the same if he felt this way. I've heard Romo say negative things about our system, etc, etc but it's gotta be lies if he says anything positive? Lol...

And you talked about common sense? Let me tell you a little secret...common sense isn't common, you're proof of that. "Common sense" is an oxymoron.

starfan1

Reaction score
I’m convinced that at times many times actually, the worst thing about being a loyal cowboy fan is other cowboy fans

Valkyr

Reaction score
I wouldn't die on a hill for Dak, Romo, Garrett, Zeke, any of them.

If you lead us to a SB maybe, but other than that

20wxeb.gif

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I loved Romo too. It’s just complete BS to question his motives and his judgment now, because he said something you didn’t want to hear.

If he said Dak isn’t very good and not worth the money. You would be taking that quote to the bank.

Romo is nothing like Irvin. Nice false equivalency though.
Where is your proof that if Romo said something bad about Dak that the person you quoted would take that quote to the bank? Sounds like you’re doing the exact same thing you’re criticizing just on the opposite side of the discussion.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Yes, the Cowboys could have waited longer to cut him and he would have missed the time frame to sign with CBS for that season.

The Cowboys probably should have waited to cut him and required CBS to pay back the prorated portion of bonus money because that would come back off the cap.

The Cowboys could even have waited for Romo to retire such that he could take the CBS job, then file to get the bonus money back, then they could have hired Romo as a coaching consultant for day and paid him 5M. Romo would have got the 5M but the Cowboys could have taken the 5M off the cap.
Shows how little JJ cares about 5 million or how much he cared about Romo.