News: PFT: Woman alleging Jerry Jones is her biological father drops lawsuit, seeks DNA testing

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
spare me with moral lectures.
Not a lecture but an observation and I make them all the time. Just like I did when they signed Hardy and I saw the posts defending his actions.

And did you take that personally? It was rather general by nature but you seem to be bothered by it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
correct, but the agreement between Jerry and Mother has in fact been breeched, meaning the final two trust fund payments could be withheld by Jerry.

Bottom line here is NONE of us know jack squat except for what has been reported.

You have no clue if this has any negative impact on Jerry's marriage or relationship with his kids. He could have discussed this with all of them years ago. Believe it or not, there are THOUSAND, probably hundred of thousands of couple out there that have affairs, even have illegitimate children as a result of said affair, and yet the married couples remain together and continue on. Yet for some reason, Jerry's haters make it like hes the only person on the planet that has done so.
What they are doing is grasping at straws that he will get caught doing something that would make the NFL force him to sell the team. That seems to be the underlying theme to everything about him and his dealings.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not a lecture but an observation and I make them all the time. Just like I did when they signed Hardy and I saw the posts defending his actions.

And did you take that personally? It was rather general by nature but you seem to be bothered by it.
Well, he’s stated he doesn’t care what they do off the field as long as it includes winning Super Bowls. There is no moral compass with him. And that’s fine . But that’s not how all fans feel. And I can tell you the franchises, leagues and especially networks and sponsors wouldn’t all agree.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What they are doing is grasping at straws that he will get caught doing something that would make the NFL force him to sell the team. That seems to be the underlying theme to everything about him and his dealings.
I haven’t read anything to that . None of this are serious enough offenses which would lead to an expulsion from the league like his hand was slapped a couple years ago with his challenging the owners and the league .

I think more importantly it’s about the distractions and potential detriment it serves and adds to the toxic culture which doesn’t even include the dysfunctional and questionable football decisions which all culminate in less success on the field.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Talked to my lawyer bud, nothing the mother signed is binding on the child.

Now, did Booger think he was buying the silence from the mother to the daughter about her true birth father? That could be but what is a court going to do to the mother?

What is funny is how some have decided she either got more than she should have or just the right amount. We don't know enough about the details of this to do anything but spitball.

And my favorite ones are those that defend what he did by comparing that to the worthless deadbeat men that shirk their responsibility. Or how some are so cavalier about the responsibility incurred with creating another life.

How much does one need to look around at the disconnected and disenfranchised to see the real disease within?
Yea there been some mind blowing responses . Either grossly womanizing or sheer Homerish defending Jethro or any Neanderthal men. Typical social media BS I suppose.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I haven’t read anything to that . None of this are serious enough offenses which would lead to an expulsion from the league like his hand was slapped a couple years ago with his challenging the owners and the league .

I think more importantly it’s about the distractions and potential detriment it serves and adds to the toxic culture which doesn’t even include the dysfunctional and questionable football decisions which all culminate in less success on the field.
If the players finding out Booger had a child out of wedlock serves as a distraction, they were looking for one.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If the players finding out Booger had a child out of wedlock serves as a distraction, they were looking for one.
The details or subject matter specifically isn’t necessarily the distraction. It’s the fact that there’s something to discuss and grill him on in interviews , radio shows and newspapers besides football. That in itself is distracting.

The good news is it’s kept him out of the spotlight. Maybe more than this Pandemic did at its height. We hadn’t hardly heard a peep out of him until the latest sponsor endorsement announcement .

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The details or subject matter specifically isn’t necessarily the distraction. It’s the fact that there’s something to discuss and grill him on in interviews , radio shows and newspapers besides football. That in itself is distracting.

The good news is it’s kept him out of the spotlight. Maybe more than this Pandemic did at its height. We hadn’t hardly heard a peep out of him until the latest sponsor endorsement announcement .
Being a Cowboy comes with built in distractions.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Being a Cowboy comes with built in distractions.
Yea but as our glorious local Dallas paper has so eloquently presented this off season distractions are despicable even from this ownership.

An ownership despite whatever criticism they have weathered over the years that the close knit aspect of their family and Jethro’s loyalty to them has been generally applauded , this spectacle places quite a different aspect on that image.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Well, he’s stated he doesn’t care what they do off the field as long as it includes winning Super Bowls. There is no moral compass with him. And that’s fine . But that’s not how all fans feel. And I can tell you the franchises, leagues and especially networks and sponsors wouldn’t all agree.

The league cares? Uhm... I think their actions with DeSean Watson say otherwise. Lower level players... yes, th eleague cares about the perception they create for the league... super stars.. nah, they dont care... well they care in as much as it will hurt the bottom line, which is ratings and revenue.

I have zero problems with any of your views, Couch Coach views, because you two are like me, you are consistent and I respect that. I do not like moralists. Life is a complicated mess. Life is full of grey, yet some want to see things as black and white. I make it clear that if the law says a man is free to work at mcDonalds, then they are free to work for the Dallas Cowboys.

None of these players are real to me, no more real than Iron Man. They are entertainers, just like a rock band. They arent coming to my house and arent spending holidays with my family. So yea, I dont care about their personal lives. I only care about what they can do on a football field. Im not a moralist. I have standards, strict standards, uncompromising standards that I chose to live my life by. But I never try to impose those standards on others. Im nobody, so to tell you how you should live is a joke. To each their own.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The league cares? Uhm... I think their actions with DeSean Watson say otherwise. Lower level players... yes, th eleague cares about the perception they create for the league... super stars.. nah, they dont care... well they care in as much as it will hurt the bottom line, which is ratings and revenue.

I have zero problems with any of your views, Couch Coach views, because you two are like me, you are consistent and I respect that. I do not like moralists. Life is a complicated mess. Life is full of grey, yet some want to see things as black and white. I make it clear that if the law says a man is free to work at mcDonalds, then they are free to work for the Dallas Cowboys.

None of these players are real to me, no more real than Iron Man. They are entertainers, just like a rock band. They arent coming to my house and arent spending holidays with my family. So yea, I dont care about their personal lives. I only care about what they can do on a football field. Im not a moralist. I have standards, strict standards, uncompromising standards that I chose to live my life by. But I never try to impose those standards on others. Im nobody, so to tell you how you should live is a joke. To each their own.
In my early years I met several of the players . And one our family was fairly close with . My uncle played ball with him . And we did business years later . He gave us his SB tickets one year.

My uncle started his own insurance business my father and later I joined as well. He sold life insurance to several athletes , wealthy businessman and a few Cowboys as well. I came in contact with several working in the office and on the golf course where my uncle sold most of his policies .

Integrity off the field and a moral compass wasn’t everything but it went a long way. And while if you were a Super Star we might be more tolerant and or even look the other way. But most players aren’t Super Stars and their involvement in the community giving back goes a long way in how the local community embraces them beyond their performance on the field .

You’re entitled to your own opinions and thoughts but the fact you openly promote you don’t care if they’re all criminals off the field isn’t something I’d recommend for our youth to follow . Setting a good example is always a great trademark for celebrities whether you’re an athlete , actor or artist . Making headlines for the wrong personal conduct can never be thought of as a desirable behavior . Or should it enhance their image which is often marketable .

These are real people off the field . Most fans wouldn’t recognize most of our players off the field . 80% of them aren’t multi millionaires and need a regular job once their career is over . They impact their families and those around them not to mention their neighborhoods and community .

Reid , for someone who advertises as a caring husband , father, coach and educator your attitude come off very childish or juvenile. And only reason I call them out. But I’ve come to the conclusion you must be just toying with us or down right trolling as I’d expect someone with your place in society and education to be much more in tune with reality.

The fact you don’t see these athletes, actors or artist as real people or humans is one of the most immature perspectives I’ve ever seen. And makes me wonder if your entire persona you have expressed in this forum is totally manufactured as I can’t imagine anyone as you’ve presented could be as such.

Your strict standards for life should be the same barometer you have for everyone. Or I’d be inclined to believe you don’t actually have them . If not then your just using it to be argumentative and defend these guys cause you are a fan . Which to me is no excuse .

Reid1boys

Reaction score
You’re entitled to your own opinions and thoughts but the fact you openly promote you don’t care if they’re all criminals off the field isn’t something I’d recommend for our youth to follow

My wife and I are role models to our 4 children(all adults now) not any athlete, not a movie star, not a musician. Youth do not make great or bad choices based upon how an athlete acts or behaves. Youth make good decisions because they have good role models around them(obviously Im generalizing), in their lives. IN the next 6 months, I will be attending my 13,14, and 15th weddings of former players I coached(One I havent coached since 2006, she is a school Principal by the way). You dont get asked to weddings if you didnt impact people that arent family or people you see daily. So im quite ok with how I live my life and how Ive impacted others. Next month daughter 3 graduates from UCLA. Ive done a few things right.

Reid , for someone who advertises as a caring husband , father, coach and educator your attitude come off very childish or juvenile. And only reason I call them out. But I’ve come to the conclusion you must be just toying with us or down right trolling as I’d expect someone with your place in society and education to be much more in tune with reality.

Whose reality? NFL football is not reality. There is nothing about it that is real world. Those involved make sums of money most cant imagine. Those involved live in a completely different world than the rest of us. Troll? trolls dont come to Dallas Cowboy boards for... I dont even know how long. How long has it been since the old site shut down and many of us migrated over here?

The fact you don’t see these athletes, actors or artist as real people or humans is one of the most immature perspectives I’ve ever seen. And makes me wonder if your entire persona you have expressed in this forum is totally manufactured as I can’t imagine anyone as you’ve presented could be as such.

I never said they arent real people... but they arent people in my world. I dont know them, have never spoke to them. So in my world, they are characters on TV. Thats why I dont get too upset with whatever it is they do. It is life and they hold no more special a place in my life than a movie character. As Charles Barkley once said, He is not a role model. Thats the view of them I have. The only way they impact my life is if they can play or not on Sunday.

Your strict standards for life should be the same barometer you have for everyone. Or I’d be inclined to believe you don’t actually have them . If not then your just using it to be argumentative and defend these guys cause you are a fan . Which to me is no excuse.

Defend them? I would ask you pay a little more close attention to what I say. I dont defend them. I dont think I have ever really defended any player on here. Maybe I am mistaken. Personally, I think Kelvin Joseph is a fool. Hes clearly hanging with his "Boys," that are in their 20s walking around with loaded guns. That is incredibly STUPID. There are a lot of pro athletes that are total morons. BUT, I dont worry about how they chose to live THEIR life. Like I said, as long as they can play on Sunday, thats all that matters for me. Why should I expect others to have my standards? Who the hell am I to tell others how they should live? How they should work? How they should eat and drink? What I have done has worked for me. I went into the Marine Corps right out of HS. Was married at 18, still married 34 years later, have 4 amazing daughters, wife and I are doing well in all aspects of life...... BUT, who the hell am I to tell others how they should live? My morals and standards are just that... MINE, not yours. You live how you chose to live. Thats not immature. Thats not trolling. That is just my way of getting through life. Not right, not wrong.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Those hoping the NFL will force Jerry to sell the team over this well not going to happen. You had more of a hope with the Mr. Up the Skirt Cam. Unless it comes out that Jerry abused or raped the mother in the NFLs eyes this par for the course for rich guys.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Those hoping the NFL will force Jerry to sell the team over this well not going to happen. You had more of a hope with the Mr. Up the Skirt Cam. Unless it comes out that Jerry abused or raped the mother in the NFLs eyes this par for the course for rich guys.
Yea , I’m surprised anyone thought these incidents would be cause for expulsion . We need a Donald Sterling moment .

25 years ago now this might have brought about a divorce which possibly could have forced the sale of Cowboys to meet demands . But not now. Gene isn’t filing divorce at age 80. But she is driving the decisions being made and why Jethro will never admit .

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Yea , I’m surprised anyone thought these incidents would be cause for expulsion . We need a Donald Sterling moment .

25 years ago now this might have brought about a divorce which possibly could have forced the sale of Cowboys to meet demands . But not now. Gene isn’t filing divorce at age 80. But she is driving the decisions being made and why Jethro will never admit .

So you, correct me if im wrong, were a few minutes ago talking about how many things people were coming to conclusion on with no factual knowledge, and yet here you are saying how Jerry's wife is making all the calls in how they deal with this? How could you possibly know that? Maybe Jerry's wife wants another daughter welcomed to the family?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So you, correct me if im wrong, were a few minutes ago talking about how many things people were coming to conclusion on with no factual knowledge, and yet here you are saying how Jerry's wife is making all the calls in how they deal with this? How could you possibly know that? Maybe Jerry's wife wants another daughter welcomed to the family?
None of us know. Figured that was a given . But that’s what I believe and will present as such. I don’t have to include IMO on every sentence I write.

Everything we type here is our opinions if it’s not publicly known or they need a link to support a quote as per rules of the forum.

Last edited:

Reid1boys

Reaction score
None of us know. Figured that was a given . But that’s what I believe and will present as such. I don’t have to include IMO on ever sentence I write.

Everything we type here is our opinions if it’s not publicly known or they need a link to support a quote as per rules of the forum.
I suspect Jerry has always made the decisions. Plus, keep in mind their age. Jerry is what, 80? He was born back in a time when the little ladies stayed at home, cooked, cleaned, took care of the babies and knew full well their husband had woman on the side.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Does anyone her believe that Gene wants Her husband to admit he had a daughter with another women and welcome her into the family ?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Does anyone her believe that Gene wants Her husband to admit he had a daughter with another women and welcome her into the family ?
I didnt say I believed that.... I wrote it to make a point that none of us have a clue what is happening and far too many talk on this subject like they are speaking in facts.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I suspect Jerry has always made the decisions. Plus, keep in mind their age. Jerry is what, 80? He was born back in a time when the little ladies stayed at home, cooked, cleaned, took care of the babies and knew full well their husband had woman on the side.
Thats such a womanizing generalization . Disgust me. The fact you even feel comfortable expressing as such in todays society says much about your thoughts and character. Maybe that’s how your father and family conducted themselves but not all.

Most importantly is that they married in 1963 which was before Jethro has accumulated his wealth only a year out of college and they most likely didn’t have prenup agreements . In 1996 they would have only been about 55. This ordeal could have been much more impactful to their marriage and potentially his business if she sought divorce.