PFW: Three of the Top 10 Draft Picks Admit to Smoking Marijuana

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Sometimes by your posts Hostile its hard to believe you dont smoke the reefer.

j/k :laugh2:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Hoov;1461521 said:
I understand what Hostile is saying and see his point of view.

If you are sober or not intoxicated it is no fun to be around people that are drunk or high.

I enjoy beer and etoh, but when my brother calls me up and ge is hammered, he is a downright pain in the arse to deal with. I Love him, but i end up hanging up the phone because he keeps screaming the same thing over and over again in my ear and laughing and when i try to say something he talks over me and gets louder.

And it is the same for people that are high on something. If you are not or dont indulge, why would you enjoy being around others who are.

i dont judge because i have done all kinds of stuff in the past. And i dont think of any of it as being morally right or wrong. Its a decision, and it doesnt make you any less moral if you decide to indulge, but it does compromise your ability to function and there is always a consequence to your actions. Even though pot seems harmless it will make you lazy, if you want to lay around and smoke it, i dont think that is amoral, but you are deciding that you want to tune out for a bit, and the more frequently you tune out..the less you will accomplish in your life. So if thats all you wnat to do, i dont get upset and i wont feel sorry for you or feel any kind of way, i'll just know that that is what you have decided for your life, and i have enough to worry about myself then to police your habits. But i wont argue what is right or wrong, i'll just decide what is right or wrong for me in the present moment based on what i need and wnat to do with my life.
That is it exactly. It doesn't mean I don't love them. I've just never had a pleasant experience around people in that condition. I've been thrown up on, hit, threatened, insulted, judged, and even beaten. The memories are never good, let's put it that way.

Then when the effects have worn off told "that wasn't me, it was the _______ talking."

Now someone will assure me that when drunk or high they are very pleasant and relaxed and it would never happen if I hung aroud them while they indulge.

I feel it robs people of too much to appreciate how much they feel they can handle it. It's their life, let them live it. I even think the legal drinking age should be 18 not 21. It makes no sense to me that someone can marry, vote, have kids, and go to war, but can't have a drink. So I am hardly a prude.

Just don't assure me how harmless it is or how cool you are because you can "handle it." I won't be the least bit assured or impressed. This isn't my first rodeo.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Hostile;1461645 said:
That is it exactly. It doesn't mean I don't love them. I've just never had a pleasant experience around people in that condition. I've been thrown up on, hit, threatened, insulted, judged, and even beaten.

Then when the effects have worn off told "that wasn't me, it was the _______ talking."

Now someone will assure me that when drunk or high they are very pleasant and relaxed and it would never happen if I hung aroud them while they indulge.

I feel it robs people of too much to appreciate how much they feel they can handle it. It's their life, let them live it. I even think the legal drinking age should be 18 not 21. It makes no sense to me that someone can marry, vote, have kids, and go to war, but can't have a drink. So I am hardly a prude.

Just don't assure me how harmless it is or how cool you are because you can "handle it." I won't be the least bit assured or impressed. This isn't my first rodeo.

It's very true what you say, Hostile. I have a friend that tokes up and drinks, and he will call me, and the convo will go something like this...

Ring, ring...

ME: Hello..."

HIM: Hey, man, how are you..."

ME: Good, what's up?

HIM: Nothing...

15 seconds go by

ME: So what are you doing?

HIM: Nothing...much...

another 15 seconds go by

ME: So, how is everything?

HIM: Oh, pretty good...

another awkward 20 seconds go by

ME: So, what's up?

HIM: Oh, not much...

ME: You need anything, any help with your car, or anything?

HIM: No, not really....

This goes on and on for about two or three minutes without anything getting said, and HE called me? Pretty soon I just end the convo by making some excuse about having to go somewhere and that I will call back later...

Then, sometime, not always, when I say I need to go...then he gets mad at me and starts cussing me out because I don't want to talk to him?

:confused:

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
CATCH17;1461104 said:
Its like this. Everyone at some point has smoked the reefer.
Its cool... Its not really a big deal, and if you want to compare it to Alcohol the Alcohol is physically much worse for you.

Just about all these guys at some point have tried it and 3 guys who had a lot at stake had the courage to admit to it should not be punished. That shows character in my opinion that they wouldnt lie.

Im not a pot head or anything but thats just how I feel about it.

Speak for yourself.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Cigarettes/Alcohol (even with moderation) = much more harmful than pot. Its only taboo because it's been condiitoned into everyone's minds that its a terrible drug. Its a plant with endless medicinal possibilities that can't be regulated by the government because of its ease to cultivate and make individual profit from. Not to mention the DEA makes the majority of its profits from marijuana busts.

I know this thread has lost its direction but marijuana doesn't have the Quincy Carter effect on all people. Lets just not treat it as if its any worse than cigs/alcohol just because the government says so. [/liberal rant]

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1460690 said:
Said another: "Marijuana is as American as baseball and apple pie. It's like masturbation; some admit it and the rest are liars."

I like that and happen to agree with it.

I've only smoked pot by the way.:D

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
not suprising i bet it's like 5 or 6 outta the top 10. but why would they say this crap?

Kilyin

Reaction score
smoke-and-fly.jpg

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
5Stars;1461535 said:
Finally the devil came to the third man's room and opened the door. Sitting in the middle of all the bud, in the exact same position the devil had left him in was the man. He looked up at the devil and with a single tear rolling down his cheek he asked ; "hey man, got a light?"

Oh that just sucks!

2much2soon

Reaction score
GoinForSix;1461817 said:
Cigarettes/Alcohol (even with moderation) = much more harmful than pot. Its only taboo because it's been condiitoned into everyone's minds that its a terrible drug. Its a plant with endless medicinal possibilities that can't be regulated by the government because of its ease to cultivate and make individual profit from. Not to mention the DEA makes the majority of its profits from marijuana busts.

I know this thread has lost its direction but marijuana doesn't have the Quincy Carter effect on all people. Lets just not treat it as if its any worse than cigs/alcohol just because the government says so. [/liberal rant]

I love how a couple of posters have credited pot smokers with being belligerent.
Now, maybe a pot smoker who has drunk a bunch of beers or hard liquor(legal drugs) gets belligerent but you guys trying to imply that just smoking grass turns people into angry monsters need to get your heads out of the 1930s.
I have been around countless pot heads(me being one of them for a few years long ago) in my 43 years and belligerency isn't a trait you find.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Well these guys have a choice (like it or not) they can continue to get high and risk losing everything they have worked hard for or they can stay clean and try to live a dream in the NFL making big money. I agree weed is not some evil but with so much as stake why risk it? I will say I do think some of these guys have problems with weed because when your constantly getting busted and suspended and still can't stop it then that becomes an issue of addictions. I would say the same thing about alcohol, a guy like Robinson continues to fall off the wagon and has lost a lot because of it and could end up out of the league at the rate he is going. Any substance that starts to take control of your life is a big deal.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1461828 said:
Nyquil will show up as Alcohol in a breathalizer
When I take Nyquil the only driving I do is a Ferrari Enzo or a Lamboughini Diablo with Monica Barladeanu or Halle Berry in the passenger seat wearing very little. Before you say "in your dreams," let me just say, "exactly." In my dreams.

burmafrd

Reaction score
what it is is a question of judgement. With ALL that MONEY, FAME, etc to be lost- WHY risk it for a joint? THAT is stupid. That is the point.
Now these KIDS probably did a joint or two in college and decided that instead of some "friend" outing them they decided to be up front about it.