PFW: Three of the Top 10 Draft Picks Admit to Smoking Marijuana

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
abersonc;1461385 said:
You sure know a lot about Cheech and Chong for a guy who never sparked up!
I had every album. They were hilarious and still are.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I learned my lesson the hard way, I was popped with an 1 ounce of weed and fined and placed on probation however that did not do the trick and was popped once again for possession which revoked by probation and cost me 30 days in the Harris County Jail with a threat from the judge of 1 year TDC if I showed up in his courtroom a 3rd time. Whether we think weed is bad or good the facts remain that it is illegal and is not worth throwing away everything you worked for. For these athletes entering the NFL it is a short career to begin with and to waste it on suspension and fines it is not worth it.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;1461387 said:
You sound like Sgt. Stedenko.

Lighten up. The days of life prison terms for a marijuana cigarette are past. Yes, only dopes smoke dope, but the realities are that your neighbors, your bosses, your schoolmates your kids (not yours, yours but in a general sense), your Johnny Laws and your attorneys and plumbers do it on a daily basis.
Hiya Gimme, this is not meant to offend. That kind of attitude is part of the problem. The philosophy that it's okay because someone around you does it just doesn't jive with me. In fact it just comes across as ridiculous. Like I said in an earlier post, most little kids eat boogers, so eating boogers is okay. That's the exact same rationale. Sorry, no.

Again, I am not saying it should be OK. It's not. Jail terms, fines and harm to your lungs and perhaps your drive to succeed can suffer.
But the reality is it is everywhere. The startling thing is that perhaps only 50% of college players do it as opposed to 70% of male college students. (I read that in a medical journal.):D
Just because it is everywhere doesn't mean it should keep on being everywhere though Gimme. That is why I am in favor of better education. I've never heard anyone say, "I should start doing drugs today."

Undestand something, I have had terrible things done and said to me by people under the influence of alcohol and drugs. Then when sober, these same people have apologized and said it wasn't how they feel, it was the drugs or alcohol talking.

That confuses me. Am I supposed to take some kind of comfort in the fact you allow yourself to be around me while something else is in control of your thoughts and actions?

but, seriously, dude. Don't let a natural substance come between you and family members. In the long run, they are stilll loved ones, no matter how wrongheaded they may be. . . . Now you got me all choked up . . . .:cry2:
I haven't let the substance come between me and them, they have. Why is the guilt always in those who would rather not be around something? I don't buy that.

You (not you, anyone) wanna get baked, fine, go get baked, but if you expect me to applaud your efforts then you're out of your mind. It cracks me up that people think it's cool that they do, or did, drugs. It isn't cool. It never has been, it never will be. You were an idiot while you did them, and if you still do them...

Draw your own conclusions as to how impressed I am by anyone who does any drug. Before anyone points out to me the relative safety of pot and the evils of alcohol let me say, "yeah, heard it all before." I think it's just as foolish when people brag about how drunk they were or how drunk they are going to get. It doesn't make them look cool either.

superpunk

Reaction score
Lookit, people. I think I can see both sides of the issue here. You're looking at this, and the effects, and you're thinking "This is disgusting." And I can somewhat agree. Because of the perception out there, it can be viewed as something gross, wrong, maybe even sinful.

But damnit I eat my boogers.

You think it's coincidence that children stick their finger in their nose, pull a big one out, and immediately stick it in their mouth? Who am I to go against my natural instincts?

I will not live in shame any longer.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
superpunk;1461433 said:
Lookit, people. I think I can see both sides of the issue here. You're looking at this, and the effects, and you're thinking "This is disgusting." And I can somewhat agree. Because of the perception out there, it can be viewed as something gross, wrong, maybe even sinful.

You think it's coincidence that children stick their finger in their nose, pull a big one out, and immediately stick it in their mouth? Who am I to go against my natural instincts?

Great thing is you don't have to pawn off your stuff or rob stores to get more. :lmao:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
smarta5150;1461437 said:
I just threw up in my mouth a little.
Good, because I was kind of bummed when I felt we were united before and you pulled away.

:laugh2:

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Hostile;1461440 said:
Good, because I was kind of bummed when I felt we were united before and you pulled away.

:laugh2:

Oh no, I tarnished my good boy image :cool:

I am glad throwing up could be us closer together again.

superpunk

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1461439 said:
Great thing is you don't have to pawn off your stuff or rob stores to get more.
Here's a guy who gets it.

Heck, I just had a little fix before I get ready to leave work. Noone's the wiser.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
superpunk;1461445 said:
Here's a guy who gets it.

Heck, I just had a little fix before I get ready to leave work. Noone's the wiser.

Seek counseling when you start eating other people’s bugers that is when you know you have some real problems. :lmao:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
superpunk;1461433 said:

I hurd it can give you a buzz.:)

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
Good, hopefully this get their draft stock to drop tremendously.
Sike! Do yall really think the NFL teams pay attention to this when talent is on the line?

Um, let me answer that question for you. NO.

All three of these guys could have said they smoked more marijuana than Bob Marley and Rickey Williams put together and they're still not going to lose their draft stock.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
I dont see whats wrong with a little smoke here and there. Hell daily even. With the wound up, tight as a coiled spring world we live in, if you dont have paxil, you need dope. Or both.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
Never smoked it and wouldn't know the smell of it.

I wouldn't be interested anyway....bad news.

I've been a huge CJ fan for a few years....I wouldn't touch him with the proverbial.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;1461477 said:
I hurd it can give you a buzz.:)

Is that like Sam Hurd? Who Nelly saying heard?

Not bashing the grammar, rather spelling since I probably have the worst around these parts.

Hoov

Reaction score
I understand what Hostile is saying and see his point of view.

If you are sober or not intoxicated it is no fun to be around people that are drunk or high.

I enjoy beer and etoh, but when my brother calls me up and ge is hammered, he is a downright pain in the arse to deal with. I Love him, but i end up hanging up the phone because he keeps screaming the same thing over and over again in my ear and laughing and when i try to say something he talks over me and gets louder.

And it is the same for people that are high on something. If you are not or dont indulge, why would you enjoy being around others who are.

i dont judge because i have done all kinds of stuff in the past. And i dont think of any of it as being morally right or wrong. Its a decision, and it doesnt make you any less moral if you decide to indulge, but it does compromise your ability to function and there is always a consequence to your actions. Even though pot seems harmless it will make you lazy, if you want to lay around and smoke it, i dont think that is amoral, but you are deciding that you want to tune out for a bit, and the more frequently you tune out..the less you will accomplish in your life. So if thats all you wnat to do, i dont get upset and i wont feel sorry for you or feel any kind of way, i'll just know that that is what you have decided for your life, and i have enough to worry about myself then to police your habits. But i wont argue what is right or wrong, i'll just decide what is right or wrong for me in the present moment based on what i need and wnat to do with my life.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
There were 3 men and they all died in a car crash and went to hell. When they got there the devil asked them all a question.

To he first he said "what was your biggest sin on earth?" and the man replied "Oh man I just love alchol and being drunk man" so the devil showed the man to a room full of alchol of every type and description and he put the man inside and said "see you in 100 years" and locked the door.

To the second man he asked the same question and the man replied "oh man I just love to have sex with the ladies, I was really unfaithful to my wife man". So the devil took the man and showed him to a room full of hundreds upon thousands of georgeous and beautiful naked women. The man ran inside and the devil said "see you in 100 years" and locked the door.

The third man's answer to the question was "oh man I just LOVE weed! Im high all the time man and I can't live without it!". The devil showed the man to a room packed with the most amazing grade-A bud you've ever seen, stacked to the roof! The man went inside and the devil locked the door after saying "see you in 100 years".

100 years later the devil came by to let the three men out. He opened the door to the first man's room and found the man collapsed on the ground, passed out with empty bottles laying around him and puke all over him. He was a mess.

The devil opened the 2nd man's door and the man came running out of the room and cried "IM GAY! IM GAY!".

Finally the devil came to the third man's room and opened the door. Sitting in the middle of all the bud, in the exact same position the devil had left him in was the man. He looked up at the devil and with a single tear rolling down his cheek he asked ; "hey man, got a light?"

:confused: