PFW: Three of the Top 10 Draft Picks Admit to Smoking Marijuana

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1461169 said:
Oh...wow we are all over the map on this one...did I mention I was tired earlier.:laugh2:

So what if I was to say...I don't have a problem with someone smoking weed responsibly even though I do not smoke weed?

What if I was to say I don't have a problem with someone drinking responsibly even though I do not drink.

I am not saying I never have done either, because that would be a lie, but I do not do them now.

The problem as I see it that needs to be asked with these players is.

Was it just a one time thing, was it something that you just did a few times or was it something that you feel the need to continue to do on a regular basis.
I'd say, "cool, that's how you feel about it. Welcome to America where you are allowed to feel whatever you wish about it. Please don't push it onto me."

Not saying you did.

I know people who smoke weed regularly.

I know people who drink regularly.

If by my answers you somehow see me as a prude who preaches to them about the evils of their ways, then you've badly missed the boat. My sermon is real simple, I won't be around where that is going on. I have family members who want nothing to do with me because I will leave if they want to toke up. If I could care less about it, I would. I can't figure out how to care any less. If I never see them again as long as I live...oh well.

I used to work with a guy named James. He was a heroine user and wasn't ashamed at all to tell anyone about it. He believed that I should try heroine, because he liked it. He believed no one ever gets addicted to drugs, because he wasn't addicted to them. But ask him to prove it by quitting and he'd say, "why should I quit something I enjoy just to prove a point?" Don't ya just love double talk? He believed that no one ever commits a violent crime over drugs, because he never had.

His exact words, "anyone can get drugs without violent means, you don't even have to buy them, just find someone willing to share, and when you have them share back. Drugs teach you about sharing and compassion." No joke.

I take issue with that kind of thinking. The "I do it or have done it, therefore it isn't bad for you at all" philosophies. They are self serving, narrow minded BS that isn't worth the time of day to ignore.

zeromaster

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1460717 said:
%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CNC39013lg.jpg

My momma talkin to me tryin to tell me how to live
But I don't listen to her cause my head is like a sieve

Some will get it...some won't.

Earache my eye...

Now name the band they were in...

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Iago33;1460258 said:
Whether it should or should not be illegal is a different issue. The fact is that it IS illegal. Of course, so is underage drinking, but two wrongs don't make a right, as they say.

1. The fines and possible jail time connected to its possession
2. the harm it can have on your lungs
3. It makes you play the piano really fast with a devilish look on your face.

Let's see, alcohol or the Assasin of youth? I believe alcohol is far, far more dangerous.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;1461367 said:
I believe alcohol is far, far more dangerous.

Finally you've hit a point that no sane person could dispute.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
smarta5150;1461314 said:
Sits, hands folded.

bbgun;1461318 said:
Moi. I've never even seen drugs outside of a movie or tv show. God I'm sheltered.

WoodysGirl;1461352 said:
I haven't. Might've gotten a contact from being around people while they did, though.
Cool. I am glad others aren't afraid to say so.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
abersonc;1461361 said:
Yeah -- that's totally what I see living in Humboldt County, CA -- although marijuana is still what we are known for, there is a TON of meth all over.

However, I think it is unwise to believe that marijuana use has really gone down that much -- we are getting older and likely just don't hang out in the dope smoking crowds anymore. Here in CA also, medical marijuana laws cover a ton of growing -- lots of people aren't getting busted b/c they can grow small scale (99 plants) legally - so you don't see the busts as much.

Well we don't have the medical MJ around these here parts of the woods like you crazy hippies from caleefornIA do. (exaggerated hillbilly voice).

On a serious note. Sure it is still around but I don't think it is as rampant as it was at one time.

Have not heard the helicopters going over looking for crops in the last year or two.

Have not heard of a LARGE JM bust in a long time and like I said we don't have the medical MJ situation.

Here is something that is a pain with all of this.

Want to go to the drug store or any store and get some sinus medication (sudafed) and you have to fill out a stinking form and everything now because of these idiotic meth heads.:banghead: :mad:

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
abersonc;1461379 said:
someone is looking to score.....

NBC's to Catch a Predator.

:lmao:

I just dont need to get my "post count" up lol.

The chat is far more easier than this back and forth on a forum.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1461377 said:
Want to go to the drug store or any store and get some sinus medication (sudafed) and you have to fill out a stinking form and everything now because of these idiotic meth heads.:banghead: :mad:

You know, the other day, I went to the drug store to take back some electronic thing that was broken -- they told me I had to exchange it -- fine -- no problem. So I grab a some gin and whiskey to restock the liquor cabinet. They told me that they don't like to do exchanges for alcohol. So I said "ok, can I get $50 of sudafed instead?" -- They let me have the booze.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Hostile;1461365 said:
I'd say, "cool, that's how you feel about it. Welcome to America where you are allowed to feel whatever you wish about it. Please don't push it onto me."

Not saying you did.

I know people who smoke weed regularly.

I know people who drink regularly.

If by my answers you somehow see me as a prude who preaches to them about the evils of their ways, then you've badly missed the boat. My sermon is real simple, I won't be around where that is going on. I have family members who want nothing to do with me because I will leave if they want to toke up. If I could care less about it, I would. I can't figure out how to care any less. If I never see them again as long as I live...oh well.

I used to work with a guy named James. He was a heroine user and wasn't ashamed at all to tell anyone about it. He believed that I should try heroine, because he liked it. He believed no one ever gets addicted to drugs, because he wasn't addicted to them. But ask him to prove it by quitting and he'd say, "why should I quit something I enjoy just to prove a point?" Don't ya just love double talk? He believed that no one ever commits a violent crime over drugs, because he never had.

His exact words, "anyone can get drugs without violent means, you don't even have to buy them, just find someone willing to share, and when you have them share back. Drugs teach you about sharing and compassion." No joke.

I take issue with that kind of thinking. The "I do it or have done it, therefore it isn't bad for you at all" philosophies. They are self serving, narrow minded BS that isn't worth the time of day to ignore.

You sound like Sgt. Stedenko.

Lighten up. The days of life prison terms for a marijuana cigarette are past. Yes, only dopes smoke dope, but the realities are that your neighbors, your bosses, your schoolmates your kids (not yours, yours but in a general sense), your Johnny Laws and your attorneys and plumbers do it on a daily basis.
Again, I am not saying it should be OK. It's not. Jail terms, fines and harm to your lungs and perhaps your drive to succeed can suffer.
But the reality is it is everywhere. The startling thing is that perhaps only 50% of college players do it as opposed to 70% of male college students. (I read that in a medical journal.):D
but, seriously, dude. Don't let a natural substance come between you and family members. In the long run, they are stilll loved ones, no matter how wrongheaded they may be. . . . Now you got me all choked up . . . .:cry2:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
abersonc;1461368 said:
Finally you've hit a point that no sane person could dispute.

thanks abner. I can't really type more cause I am all choked up, man.:cool:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;1461380 said:
Alice Bowie.

I could not remember if there was a name of the band but I do remember Cheech being Alice Bowie. (I always figured it was a combo from cooper and bowie).

ArmyCowboy

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1461377 said:
On a serious note. Sure it is still around but I don't think it is as rampant as it was at one time.

Have not heard of a LARGE JM bust in a long time and like I said we don't have the medical MJ situation.

The reason I believe weed use has gone down recently (and I think it has) is twofold.

1. More businesses drug test and weed stays in your system so long that it's pretty easy to detect. It seems like soon, if you want any kind of decent job, you're going to have to be drug-tested.

2. Health concerns. Bad habit substances (cigarettes, alcohol, etc) sales are down because of health concerns, so it stands to reason that fewer people are smoking pot (especially the occasional-type users.)

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
smarta5150;1461378 said:
I think you mis read mine, but I am open about anything.

Mom says you can't come over to the house anymore.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
bbgun;1461396 said:
Mom says you can't come over to the house anymore.

I have been clean for a year now.

lol I say that like I had a problem, honeslty I didnt, I did have this friend who had a prblem :rolleyes: