PHI was missing top 3 CBs

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Savor the win. But pump the breaks a little on our passing offense. PHI was missing top 3
CBs after losing Darby during game. Think of what our D would be like to throw against without Jones, Awuzie, and Lewis. Debbie Downer, I know, but we need to see this type of performance again.

So what...we were missing 5 or 6 starters. Get over it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lee, Irving, Frederick, Taco, Connor Williams, Tavon Austen, and Malik Collins and Zack Martin dinged during the game. It’s not like we weren’t knicked up, too.

No, injuries weren't an excuse for either team. The Cowboys simply outplayed them tonight. In fact, this game shouldn't have even been that close. Dallas left a lot of points on the board.

sbark

Reaction score
It's mid season in the nfl....it's the way it is
Teams that can avoid it, have a chance to get to the end

AKATheRake

Reaction score
We were missing David Irving and Taco on our d-line rotation, had no penalties called in our favor and played on the road.

Furthermore, our # 1 WR is just getting acclimated with the offense and building chemistry with our QB.

Our best o-lineman and other than Zeke our best player went down for a period in the game. Zack Martin

Our o-line had a new starting LG and the o-line coach has been in that position for 1 and a half weeks.

We missed a very makeable FG that usually is automatic.

Next time we play the Eagles, we are at home where we are 3-1.

I think there's enough upswing on our end.

We need the Commanders to start losing and we need to go on a winning streak. This team has done it before.

This is a big win and can build this teams confidence which it was lacking. Furthermore, the chemistry is needs to believe in eachother and execute plays better.

Dre11

Reaction score
Savor the win. But pump the breaks a little on our passing offense. PHI was missing top 3
CBs after losing Darby during game. Think of what our D would be like to throw against without Jones, Awuzie, and Lewis. Debbie Downer, I know, but we need to see this type of performance again.

We were missing Frederick,Lee,Irving,charlton. So what. Remember last year everyone was kill us talking about injuries, when the eagles was considered God by winning with injuries.

Kaiser

Reaction score
This is a big win and can build this teams confidence which it was lacking. Furthermore, the chemistry is needs to believe in eachother and execute plays better.

We played our game against a playoff team on the road and won by 7. The playbook is a solid defense, run the ball, and pass enough to keep teams off balance. We haven't been doing it because our OL was too porous and we didn't have a WR teams respected, but that may be changing now.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
We played our game against a playoff team on the road and won by 7. The playbook is a solid defense, run the ball, and pass enough to keep teams off balance. We haven't been doing it because our OL was too porous and we didn't have a WR teams respected, but that may be changing now.

I agree on both accounts.

What really impressed me is how much better the o-line played/adjusted after getting whipped for most of the half.

That is something this team has struggled with the last 1 1/2 season's and they did it in as hostile an environment as there is.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score

Regardless their DBs are not very good and definitely the weak link on the team

stiletto

Reaction score
We are missing some important players too. The Commanders won today without like 3 of their starting Olinemen. I don't like excuses. A win is a win especially in enemy territory. Screw them..

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score

Have they been missing all year? Eagles have been garbage this season.

Reaction score

I don't think those 3 CB's matter if our coaches can learn to just run it up the middle in the redzone.

Kaiser

Reaction score
What really impressed me is how much better the o-line played/adjusted after getting whipped for most of the half.

Marc Columbo shook off the first half like it was a Falcons DB.

colombo-vs-d-hall_medium.gif

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Well, no other teams fans would allow Cowboys fans to make injuries an excuse for losing. So, I really don't want to give Philly the excuse of injuries for losing

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
They were on the schedule and we beat them. Next.

If you need to look at things in a simplified way to understand them then that’s fine. But having foresight is what separates long term success and failure.

thisiscowboyscountry

Reaction score
I would like to dislike this thread, lol. First the corners of the Eagles are probably their weakest group of starters to begin with, their strength is in the front 7 who are relatively healthy. Secondly both teams were missing key defensive players. I hate to see what the Eagles offense would do against us without our starting DE, DT, and ROLB. Wait thats what happened, and oh Lawrence has torn Labrum, and Collins missed time with a knee.

Bottom line dont discount the win on the Eagles corners, everyone is playing through injuries at this pointmin the season.