PHI was missing top 3 CBs

aria

Reaction score
We play Atlanta on the road next week. Their offense is top 5. They lost to the Browns but the Falcons will be favored to beat us. We win that game you would have to be impressed.
Why would I be impressed if we beat the Falcons? I don’t care what their offense is ranked, they’re not a complete team and aren’t good. They have a losing record, barely beat the one win Giants and just got stomped by Cleveland.

I fully expect the Cowboys to beat them. In all honesty, there’s really not a single team left on our schedule that would impress me if we won other than the Saints. Perhaps I’m setting the bar too high by wanting to beat a team that is actually above .500.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Savor the win. But pump the breaks a little on our passing offense. PHI was missing top 3
CBs after losing Darby during game. Think of what our D would be like to throw against without Jones, Awuzie, and Lewis. Debbie Downer, I know, but we need to see this type of performance again.
Eagles never had a great secondary. Even with that it is just one win. Now that we won one on the road let's win 2 in a row.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
They were.

To be honest one of the starters they were missing is a bum anyway.

We are missing guys also.

I could care less about the injuries. No excuses for garret. No excuses for the eagles.
This....

Period.....

Both teams lace up their cleats the same way and both surely deal with injuries during the course of a season.....

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Screw the Eagles and their injuries. I didn’t hear this when we were playing with 2-3 backups in the center of our OL. We don’t have a TE. And we e had our own share of injuries. In past years all we heard was how important the front 7 is, moreso than the secondary. They have one of the best front 7’s in football. I don’t care if all the Eagles are out by the end of the year. We beat them and they are 4-5 and in 3rd place. Let them stare at our rear ends all week!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Savor the win. But pump the breaks a little on our passing offense. PHI was missing top 3
CBs after losing Darby during game. Think of what our D would be like to throw against without Jones, Awuzie, and Lewis. Debbie Downer, I know, but we need to see this type of performance again.
agreed.....they played simple zone coverage most of the game which allowed our WRs to find holes in the zone and just sit there for the ball.....

starfrombirth

Reaction score
I'm also not high on DLaw getting big bucks. He played against a backup all night and only got a couple of pressures, certainly not enough to warrant rave reviews or to justify a big shiny new contract.

Tommy

Reaction score
Yes, thank you.

We appreciate our “pump the brakes” threads every single time we win a game.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Why would I be impressed if we beat the Falcons? I don’t care what their offense is ranked, they’re not a complete team and aren’t good. They have a losing record, barely beat the one win Giants and just got stomped by Cleveland.

I fully expect the Cowboys to beat them. In all honesty, there’s really not a single team left on our schedule that would impress me if we won other than the Saints. Perhaps I’m setting the bar too high by wanting to beat a team that is actually above .500.
The league is 8-8 except for the Saints, Rams, Chiefs and maybe two other teams. We can win our final 7 games. I don't think that will happen but let's enjoy the ride. We can fire Jason and cut Dak in the offseason. Enjoy. We beat Philthy. That has to feel good.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
We were missing one of our best pass rushers in David Irving. Maliek Collins went out too. Sean Lee was sitting on the bench as well. Shouldn't the Eagles have dropped 50 on us?

Connor Williams was out. Zack Martin went out for a bit. Frederick is on the bench. Terrance Williams isn't on the field. You can do the injury thing all day.
Connor's replacement is arguably better than him. 80% of Zack is better than 90% of the league. Miss TFred but Loony has been a nice surprise and isn't a liability at all. TWill not on the field is a good thing... So...

starfrombirth

Reaction score
No, injuries weren't an excuse for either team. The Cowboys simply outplayed them tonight. In fact, this game shouldn't have even been that close. Dallas left a lot of points on the board.
I don't think Linehan did anything to show us that the offensive design is any better the way we bogged down in the endzone. Even Collinsworth was stunned that our routes in the endzone took our wr's right into coverage. Say what you want but Cooper is a legit number 1 with elite "get open" skills. Everyone else is a solid to high 2. We should have way more open receivers than we get. To be fair Dak missed ALOT of open receivers tonight. I'm a defender of his but this was not good and he has been missing throughout the year. He has to be better.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
I would like to dislike this thread, lol. First the corners of the Eagles are probably their weakest group of starters to begin with, their strength is in the front 7 who are relatively healthy. Secondly both teams were missing key defensive players. I hate to see what the Eagles offense would do against us without our starting DE, DT, and ROLB. Wait thats what happened, and oh Lawrence has torn Labrum, and Collins missed time with a knee.

Bottom line dont discount the win on the Eagles corners, everyone is playing through injuries at this pointmin the season.
I didn't realize that DLaw had a torn labrum. That might explain why he sucked against a backup...

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think Linehan did anything to show us that the offensive design is any better the way we bogged down in the endzone. Even Collinsworth was stunned that our routes in the endzone took our wr's right into coverage. Say what you want but Cooper is a legit number 1 with elite "get open" skills. Everyone else is a solid to high 2. We should have way more open receivers than we get. To be fair Dak missed ALOT of open receivers tonight. I'm a defender of his but this was not good and he has been missing throughout the year. He has to be better.

Yep. He's been missing guys A LOT. And he also failed to connect deep with Cooper on more than one throw as well. He has to be better. But I'm not sure if he can or will be with this scheme and these coaches.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
Hey man injuries happen. Good coaches can adjust to the strength of the remaining players
As much as Garret get bombarded with hate that super bowl champion coach should have adjusted

aria

Reaction score
The league is 8-8 except for the Saints, Rams, Chiefs and maybe two other teams. We can win our final 7 games. I don't think that will happen but let's enjoy the ride. We can fire Jason and cut Dak in the offseason. Enjoy. We beat Philthy. That has to feel good.
We should win our final 7 games minus the Saints. Beating Philthy always feels good :), it would just feel better if they were actually good.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
We should win our final 7 games minus the Saints. Beating Philthy always feels good :), it would just feel better if they were actually good.
My prediction. New Orleans is going to lose to either us or the Eagles. They are not sweeping the NFC East.

aria

Reaction score
My prediction. New Orleans is going to lose to either us or the Eagles. They are not sweeping the NFC East.
Yeah, it would seem that they (and the Rams) would eventually slip. Hopefully it’s against us.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I guess we need to go to ALL 32 games this weekend and pick apart wins against injured teams and take them away..GTFOH bro, its all across the board, all teams have man injuries and it happens , remember next man up , they won SB last year and everyone clapped because they did it with backups..they have GRESAT healthy Dline and good safetys and we beat them with our 25th ranked passing attack on the road outdoors..move on

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Yeah, it would seem that they (and the Rams) would eventually slip. Hopefully it’s against us.
Yeah. They will. Up coming schedule for them is Eagles, Falcons and then us on the road. That's tough. All three teams will be in must win mode.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
And Dallas wasn't....?

Get a grip "Cowboy" Roy.........

Did you not see a better team with the same statistics?

IN PHILLY?

Did you not see Cleveland beat Atlanta? Titans STOMP the Patriots?

Football, Roy. Get used to it..........1-800-Mommy.

There were plenty of ways to lose this game, in Philly......they did NOT.

I thought it was an amazing win. Not sure what your going off about.