Video: Phil Simms says there isn't a huge drop-off between Rush and Prescott

USArmyVet

Reaction score
There were points on the board. No eggs there, Wile E. Coyote.

TB 3 points (Dallas losing 19-3 to start the 4th quarter)
SF 17 points (Dallas losing 23-7 to start the 4th quarter)
LV 33 points (Dallas losing 27-19 to start the 4th quarter)
ARI 22 points (Dallas losing 22-7 to start the 4th quarter)
KC 9 points (Dallas losing 19-6 to start the 4th quarter)

Dak in those games: 121 of 200 60.5% Comp % 1,205 yards 6 td's 4 int's

The Dak led offense was behind by an average of 13.6 points to start the 4th quarter in those 5 games referenced. This has become a trend with Dak where he does nothing for 3 quarters before starting to rack up stats and make games closer than what they really were/are.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Hit a Dak nerve I see well if you consider Dak's last 5 egg-laying games Chiefs, Cards, Raider, Niners, and Bucs, how much worse can Cooper Rush be?
I know the truth hurts but it is what it is!!!!
I am Dak fan but if Rush can play like he did vs the Vikings, I will jump on the Cooper train. I am a Cowboys fan first.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I rewatched the Vikings game, when the Cowboys let Rush throw the football in the second half he outplayed Cousins. Rush seems to trust CeeDee.
How do you think CD feels right now about Dak?
Exactly, the descent will start working its way now in the locker room as Dakko is hindering this team and its players in a generally negative overall various ways!!

baltcowboy

Reaction score
McCarthy era:

Cowboys have 100 less yards of offense and score 10 less points a game. Explain why.
Half of the McCarthy era had The Nooch, Dalton, and others besides Dak start games for him. With Dak the Cowboys have had the number 1 offense in the league when he plays.

Flamma

Reaction score
Moore is the OC. If my job were on the line like MM's is I would be all up in Moore's business, but he doesn't get involved. Why? MM is hands off because Jerry most likely told him to leave Moore alone. This isn't that hard to figure out.

He did comment. Said that Moore had to be smarter.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
How do you think CD feels right now about Dak?
Exactly, the descent will start working its way now in the locker room as Dakko is hindering this team and its players in a generally negative overall various ways!!
CeeDee knows his Cowboys career is on the line because he is taking the blame for the offenses failure. I expect a big CeeDee tomorrow.:flagwave:

Flamma

Reaction score
Half of the McCarthy era had The Nooch, Dalton, and others besides Dak start games for him. With Dak the Cowboys have had the number 1 offense in the league when he plays.

Had the #1 offense statistically, but not the best offense by a longshot. Statistics can be misleading.

For example, Dallas averaged 27 PPG in 2019 and went 8-8. Had they actually scored 27ppg they would have been somewhere around 12-4. Rendering that statistic pointless. Similar to our paper tiger offense last year.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I rewatched the Vikings game, when the Cowboys let Rush throw the football in the second half he outplayed Cousins. Rush seems to trust CeeDee.
CeeDee seemed happy to have Rush throwing him the ball this week from his comments...now is that a slight to Dak idk.

I agree with Phil Simms from the standpoint of the end of last year to the game vs the Bucs Dak has been terrible. In that stretch we've seen some crap performances, so let's see what Rush can do, at least, he's confident and doesn't have that lost look on his face like Dak.

Conspiracy alert: I was listening on the Radio to Dak's post-game interview and he sounded a bit too happy to be out for over a month. Honestly, it sounded like he was relieved or happy.

Tarheelcowboy

Reaction score
This is an amazing board !
Dak supports are always amazed that others do not believe dak is great or even good ?
The league doesn’t respect dak but some how ALL cowboy nation is supposed to.
CeeDee is expected to somehow make dak look great by catching passes over his head or behind !
As I started…. This is an amazing board…. !

Carson

Reaction score
I have a feeling Rush is going to play outstanding football tomorrow or look like Brandon Weeden. My money is on Brandon weeden

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Had the #1 offense statistically, but not the best offense by a longshot. Statistics can be misleading.

For example, Dallas averaged 27 PPG in 2019 and went 8-8. Had they actually scored 27ppg they would have been somewhere around 12-4. Rendering that statistic pointless. Similar to our paper tiger offense last year.
2019 was not the McCarthy era. Please check your facts before trying to down play MM.

DCwarrior

Reaction score
TB 3 points (Dallas losing 19-3 to start the 4th quarter)
SF 17 points (Dallas losing 23-7 to start the 4th quarter)
LV 33 points (Dallas losing 27-19 to start the 4th quarter)
ARI 22 points (Dallas losing 22-7 to start the 4th quarter)
KC 9 points (Dallas losing 19-6 to start the 4th quarter)

Dak in those games: 121 of 200 60.5% Comp % 1,205 yards 6 td's 4 int's

The Dak led offense was behind by an average of 13.6 points to start the 4th quarter in those 5 games referenced. This has become a trend with Dak where he does nothing for 3 quarters before starting to rack up stats and make games closer than what they really were/are.
That’s his MO against better teams. 3 and outs most of the game till it’s prevent D time then he gets his stats and we usually lose.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
CeeDee seemed happy to have Rush throwing him the ball this week from his comments...now is that a slight to Dak idk.

I agree with Phil Simms from the standpoint of the end of last year to the game vs the Bucs Dak has been terrible. In that stretch we've seen some crap performances, so let's see what Rush can do, at least, he's confident and doesn't have that lost look on his face like Dak.

Conspiracy alert: I was listening on the Radio to Dak's post-game interview and he sounded a bit too happy to be out for over a month. Honestly, it sounded like he was relieved or happy.
We can all agree Dak was awful his last two starts and I am concerned. I have noticed he can’t make certain throws and defenses are giving him those passes. Dak also is a limited runner. I think he throws the ball better then he runs. He appears to have regressed as a passer.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Who knows , maybe we will have more success with Rush.

My hunch is Daks absence over time is going to escalate his value to this offense especially against teams we’d normally beat. Time will tell.

CoachD

Reaction score
WOW just wow and that man gets paid millions to say dumb things like that.