Video: Phil Simms says there isn't a huge drop-off between Rush and Prescott

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Wasn't downplaying MM. Simply calling out a misleading statistic.
I agree the Cowboys are overrated offensively. They have been lighting up the NFC since Dak took over at quarterback in 2016.

shabazz

Reaction score
This should've been the gameplan with a healthy Dak.

I agree 100% but every sports team rallies around the replacement especially if it’s an inexperienced one

In hockey I’ve seen defenses with a replacement goalie give up 20 shots on goal when they would normally allow 30-35……it’s like NOW y’all have figured out to block shots and take the body?

apologies for the hockey analogy.

shabazz

Reaction score
I agree the Cowboys are overrated offensively. They have been lighting up the NFC since Dak took over at quarterback in 2016.

Dak has indeed lit up the worst division in football…..but since 2016, against teams that finished with a winning record Daks record is 18-24. .428 winning percentage

and there be the crux of the problem.

Ken

Reaction score
Then please explain to us the following inept games by Prescott cause it was not only 1 game.....
Chiefs,Raiders,Cards,Niners,Bucs,..........5 losses and inept offense performances in his last 5 games vs playoff teams?????
Not 1 but 5.......
Ha . you are unbelievable.

Hmmmm...gee ....i wonder what it could be????

14 penalties vs raiders- no ceedee or Amari....still almost 400 yards and sent game into OT late. 106 rating. Higher than Carrs btw. You have a strange definition of inept.

Arizona- 10 "Pelaties"- 3Tds 105.8 rating. Higher than Kyler's btw

SF- 14 "Pelaties". Hard to sustain any offense when that happens...as I have gone over ad nauseum....Dak had no help on this day.

Chiefs- Surprisingly only 6 penalties...we got shut down. It happens.

Bucs- 10 penalties. Not a good game for Dak but again ...not much help.

So ya...you really got him...not allowed to have any bad games and good games are discounted....unless you are a long haired young qb...then those are "OMGz"

MaineBoy

Reaction score
McCarthy era:

When Dak doesn’t play the Cowboys have 100 less yards of offense and score 10 less points a game. Explain why.

How about because the Cowboys always have the worst back-up QB’s in NFL history.

Daillest88

Reaction score
Lmao yea we all know Dak was booty last week. But saying there isn’t a huge drop off .. didn’t y’all learn in 2020? And Andy Dalton was actually a quality starter. Some of you really have an agenda on here. go out and get some sunshine on your face.

I think Phil Simms is this QB who won a Superbowl and had overall an excellent NFL career.......but I could be wrong.:muttley:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ha . you are unbelievable.

Hmmmm...gee ....i wonder what it could be????

14 penalties vs raiders- no ceedee or Amari....still almost 400 yards and sent game into OT late. 106 rating. Higher than Carrs btw. You have a strange definition of inept.

Arizona- 10 "Pelaties"- 3Tds 105.8 rating. Higher than Kyler's btw

SF- 14 "Pelaties". Hard to sustain any offense when that happens...as I have gone over ad nauseum....Dak had no help on this day.

Chiefs- Surprisingly only 6 penalties...we got shut down. It happens.

Bucs- 10 penalties. Not a good game for Dak but again ...not much help.

So ya...you really got him...not allowed to have any bad games and good games are discounted....unless you are a long haired young qb...then those are "OMGz"
65864272.jpg

Creeper

Reaction score
I think people are misunderstanding what he is saying. I think what he is trying to say is that Rush can run the entire Cowboys offense and make all the throws called for. Perhaps this is not as much a compliment of Rush as it is a dig at Dak.
I think some guys overrate Dak who is a good QB, but not an elite QB. Let's face it, Dak has his issues.

shabazz

Reaction score
Minshew is a quality backup.....cooper rush is a quality 3rd stringer