Game Day Philadelphia Eagles at Dallas Cowboys Postgame

Status
Not open for further replies.

rambo2

Reaction score
Than us? That's true if Johnson's injury is serious because not many teams have a future Hall-of-Famer to step in. But they've got a pretty good line overall. Don't know much about their backups ... but they didn't seem to have a major problem with us with Johnson on the sideline.

And we've had much more health problems on defense than they have, when defense is what was winning us games. Now, with those injuries, we're having to rely on our offense much more.
Watch the last play again.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Just started rewatching the game. Didn't think about when the lineups were being introduced Philly having five Pro Bowlers on offense even without Hurts playing. I know we would have loved to see our defense dominate with Philly starting a backup QB, but that's a pretty loaded lineup. Hopefully, if we see them again, even with Hurts playing, we'll be a little healthier.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
You may be kidding about this one, but I'd like to see the Smith sideline catch again. The close-up view looked like he only got one foot down.
I agree that it looked like that maybe but there was no view angle that would of been enough.

BigD5

Reaction score
A championship team would not celebrate tonight. They would understand that they have won absolutely nothing. Be glad they won. Be confident going forward. But being full of themselves and thinking they’ve accomplished ANYTHING, is the problem with the Dallas Cowboys.

If they ever truly want to get over this hump they can’t seem to get over the past 30 years, then they would show back up to work tomorrow ready to play their tails off. And they’d be ready to out work every other team player and coach and staff in the league going into the playoffs

I’m not being a pessimist. But until I see that from this franchise, then I won’t ever believe they’ll do anything but get us fans hopes up only to completely destroy them in the playoffs

Last edited:

Mark

Reaction score
This team has proven that it can lay 40 pts. on anybody. Yet...through injuries, or whatever...the shut-down defense has gone totally off the reservation. Quite the opposite of what we saw earlier in the season. A mountain to climb to have to score 40 pts. each game just to hang in. Definitely not going to work, long term.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Maybe when Hurts plays our DEs will play more controlled to make him throw from the pocket or scramble the middle. It was infuriating how many big passes Minshew completed outside the pocket when Parsons and others rushed inside. He had a clear path all the time.
Maybe Armstrong and Williams will be back too.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
This team has proven that it can lay 40 pts. on anybody. Yet...through injuries, or whatever...the shut-down defense has gone totally off the reservation. Quite the opposite of what we saw earlier in the season. A mountain to climb to have to score 40 pts. each game just to hang in. Definitely not going to work, long term.
Definitely won't work in the playoffs.

visionary

Reaction score
A championship team would not celebrate tonight. They would understand that they have won absolutely nothing. Be glad they won. Be confident going forward. But being full of themselves and thinking they’ve accomplished ANYTHING, is the problem with the Dallas Cowboys.

If they ever truly want to get over this hump they can’t seem to get over the past 30 years, then they would show back up to work tomorrow ready to play their tails off. And they’d be ready to out work every other team player and coach and staff in the league going into the playoffs

I’m not being a pessimist. But until I see that from this franchise, then I won’t ever believe they’ll do anything but get us fans hopes up only to completely destroy them in the playoffs

totally agree but won’t happen

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Merry Christmas everybody!!!

I am officially worried about this defense in the playoffs, having to score a 40 burger to have a chance to win is not a recipe for success.

It always seems like one side of the ball is MIA. If the defense is great, the offense sucks and if the offense is great, the defense sucks. Cant ever have both units hitting on all cylinders at the same time.

Hadenough

Reaction score
When I tell yall Nashon Wright is better than Joseph listen to me. Or any other secondary stuff. That is all. I don't care what Dan Quinn thinks. Coaches are wrong all the time
Wasn't it Bland that played Joseph's position?

Status
Not open for further replies.