Philadelphia Media Rips Eagles, Calls for Coach Nick Sirianni Firing After Meltdown

Blackrain

Reaction score
Exactly, and, like I tried to explain, I know a lot of Eagles fans. They'd roast me if we were playing like they are now. It's fair game. It's meant for entertainment.
I hear you Rusty I live 20 miles from the stadium the eagles play in and all my friends are eagles fans and bust my Stones constantly it's all good-natured fun Joe King just needs to lighten up it should be a happy time for all Cowboys fans at the moment we should all be enjoying it while it lasts.

Blackrain

Reaction score
They couldn't wait till after the season lol This is great!
Yeah it's really hysterical they're all ready to jump off the bridge.

What's so ridiculous is if they beat Tampa Bay next week it's all better none of those losses matter.

But if I had to wager a bet I'd say something bad happened in that locker room they just didn't turn into a bad team talent-wise overnight something's wrong with that team spirit.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Firing Sirianni would be just as ridiculous as firing McCarthy.
He lost 2 coordinators and replaced them with bums. Defense struggled, so he demotes his DC and promotes Patricia, and they get worse. Offense is garbage despite being healthy and having the greatest OL. Wait, didn’t he earn a shot at head coach after being the OC for the Colts. He can’t get his area of expertise to perform with all the studs on offense. It’s always a problem when the head coach doesn’t have his area going well.

Finally, the players aren’t playing hard. Lack of hustle and poor tackling every week. If they also have a culture/locker room problem, isn’t that on the head coach? What the heck does he do well? How is he addressing this melt down?

Im not saying he should be fired without another year, but he’s had all season and especially a month and a half to get his team going. They fired Pederson two seasons after WINNING the SB, so I don’t put anything past Philly.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Yeah it's really hysterical they're all ready to jump off the bridge.

What's so ridiculous is if they beat Tampa Bay next week it's all better none of those losses matter.

But if I had to wager a bet I'd say something bad happened in that locker room they just didn't turn into a bad team talent-wise overnight something's wrong with that team spirit.
At 10-1, all they had to do was beat some very poor teams and they are the #1 seed with the playoffs running through Philly. They should have been 12-0 but for a week 6 loss to the Jets of all people.
When SF pounded Dallas, our team rebounded. After they were pounded by SF, they slithered into a hole and pulled the dirt in on top of themselves……lol.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
Do you believe the fans want a new HC?
There is a growing contingent of fans that want him gone. I think the DC and OC are definitely out. I see both sides of the argument. Tough to get rid of a guy that has been as successful as he has but on the other hand his offensive system looks stale and players are going rogue and doing their own thing which is a problem. In the end I think Lurie gives him another year with new coordinators.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I hear you Rusty I live 20 miles from the stadium the eagles play in and all my friends are eagles fans and bust my Stones constantly it's all good-natured fun Joe King just needs to lighten up it should be a happy time for all Cowboys fans at the moment we should all be enjoying it while it lasts.

Exactly! That's part of the fun of this sport. Having friends of rival teams and being able to rip each other. Obviously, there are lines that can't and shouldn't be crossed. However, as long as it's not crossing the line between us and friends and if it's clearly meant for laughter, then great. Obviously, I know to be able to take what I'm dishing out, and the same goes for friends of rival teams. Like I said, it's just meant for fun.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Plus, as I stated, I vacation at the Jersey Shore every year. I chat with a lot of Eagles, Giants, and Jets fans while there. It's usually a good time, and I've found that most fans of our rivals in that area know where the line is when we decide to joke with each other. Of course, I run into my share of jerks too, but hey. Every fan base has them. It's just supposed to be fun, and it usually is.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
There is a growing contingent of fans that want him gone. I think the DC and OC are definitely out. I see both sides of the argument. Tough to get rid of a guy that has been as successful as he has but on the other hand his offensive system looks stale and players are going rogue and doing their own thing which is a problem. In the end I think Lurie gives him another year with new coordinators.
I do wonder who chooses the coordinators though for you guys.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Do you mean the one where I promoted American air power and you promoted Russian garbage? :lmao2:

You insulted me over a foamie RC plane. Enjoying the design of a different Jet like the MIG 17 was not promoting any other aircraft over another. Is your brain that small? The fact that you think I was talking in terms of reality is really something.

Stay classy hypocrite.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
I do wonder who chooses the coordinators though for you guys.
Most were happy with the Brian Johnson promotion thinking it would keep continuity with the offense. I didn’t have an issue with it at the time but it became apparent his play calling wasn’t nearly as good as under Steichen. The more I watch this O the more it proves how great a play caller he really was because the system is limited. I also think Johnson having a previous relationship with Hurts means he may not be getting as coached as hard as he should.

DC they wanted Fangio. I didn’t hate the Desai hire because I wasn’t a fan of Gannon’s passivity. Considering the talent he had I don’t think Desai was terrible. I also think going to Patricia was a front office call.

Your question is a good one, I do think the FO is overly involved in staff construction. IMO you pick the HC and let them pick coordinators, Tie their fate together and see how it goes.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Most were happy with the Brian Johnson promotion thinking it would keep continuity with the offense. I didn’t have an issue with it at the time but it became apparent his play calling wasn’t nearly as good as under Steichen. The more I watch this O the more it proves how great a play caller he really was because the system is limited. I also think Johnson having a previous relationship with Hurts means he may not be getting as coached as hard as he should.

DC they wanted Fangio. I didn’t hate the Desai hire because I wasn’t a fan of Gannon’s passivity. Considering the talent he had I don’t think Desai was terrible. I also think going to Patricia was a front office call.

Your question is a good one, I do think the FO is overly involved in staff construction. IMO you pick the HC and let them pick coordinators, Tie their fate together and see how it goes.

I could see that. Given that Sirianni's seat is likely to be hot next year, I could see him trying to find a coach that can really help Hurts for you guys. I think, if the Chargers get Harbaugh, then I could see you guys hiring Brian Griese, QB coach of the 49ers (who I think the Chargers get if they don't hire Harbaugh). As for defence, that was a big weakness for you guys, so, who knows where you go there. Then again, all it took was Micah Parsons and DQ, and our defence went from the worst to one of the best, so who knows?

Blackrain

Reaction score
Plus, as I stated, I vacation at the Jersey Shore every year. I chat with a lot of Eagles, Giants, and Jets fans while there. It's usually a good time, and I've found that most fans of our rivals in that area know where the line is when we decide to joke with each other. Of course, I run into my share of jerks too, but hey. Every fan base has them. It's just supposed to be fun, and it usually is.
Yep I've lived in the Philadelphia area all my life and been a Cowboys fan all my life and things are much milder now than they were back in the day.

Those old games back in veterans stadium where I take your life in your hands situation if you were a Cowboys fan things are pretty mild now in comparison in the stadium and in the parking lot.

Back then it was so bad they had a courtroom and a jail in the stadium

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yep I've lived in the Philadelphia area all my life and been a Cowboys fan all my life and things are much milder now than they were back in the day.

Those old games back in veterans stadium where I take your life in your hands situation if you were a Cowboys fan things are pretty mild now in comparison in the stadium and in the parking lot.

Back then it was so bad they had a courtroom and a jail in the stadium

Yup, plus, from what I have read, the Vet seems to have been a really terrible stadium.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It was certainly nothing to write home about but JFK was worse

True, I'm just glad that a lot of our rival fans have calmed down a bit. Cuz it should be fun being able to visit places and have a good time ribbing each other. I mean, i vacation in NJ every year because I like going there. I love my family, including the Eagles fans in my family. I care about my friends, including my friends who are Eagles fans. I live in Cleveland, which is close to PA. I have had good experiences visiting Philly. I don't like their team, but I do fly through Newark or Philly (depending on the airfare) to go there. It's fun to talk mess with their fans, as long as everyone knows not to cross the line. That's one of the things that makes the sport fun.

Wizarus

Reaction score
If we were 10-1 and went 11-6 and lost the division, we would be calling for McCarthy's head. So I can understand their frustration even when I'm enjoying it.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
If we were 10-1 and went 11-6 and lost the division, we would be calling for McCarthy's head. So I can understand their frustration even when I'm enjoying it.

Exactly, and you can bet that Eagles fans wouldn't let us hear the end of it.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You insulted me over a foamie RC plane. Enjoying the design of a different Jet like the MIG 17 was not promoting any other aircraft over another. Is your brain that small? The fact that you think I was talking in terms of reality is really something.

Stay classy hypocrite.
Typical Russian Garbage fan reaction.