Philadelphia Media Rips Eagles, Calls for Coach Nick Sirianni Firing After Meltdown

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I get it, the Eagles are in full collapse but why are we talking about them? This is CZ, not EZ. Unless they come to us in the divisional round, we should be done talking about them for this season. We are the NFC East Champs! We have the NFC Playoffs 2 seed! Let's talk about that!

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
The offensive system is very basic and no adjustments have been made. Shane Steichen was more successful with the system because he was a better play caller. There is no rhyme or reason to the play calls this year. The plan against blitz is terrible, the O has no sight adjustments. The passing game is either crappy WR screens or deep balls outside the numbers. Very few easy throws over the middle In the O.
Defense is more a talent issue and going to Patricia was a panic move that made things worse. Constantly playing DB’s 7 yards off the ball when teams are playing the quick game is maddening, 3rd and 5 and they have CB’s giving a huge cushion, that’s dumb football.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Hurts - they are all mad because the way that Hurts' contract is structured it is basically a 5 year guaranteed contract due to how Howie pushed all of the cap hits into voided years added to the contract. Trying to cut Hurts prior to 5 years would create an enormous dead cap hit. They are all complaining that he is a system guy that is only good in an RPO and that he is too dumb to make the proper reads to be anything else.
I've said this ad nauseum going on over 5 years now. When you kick the can down the road you eventually create an untenable situation. Wentz crashing and burning and them getting rid of him and starting over with a cheap QB helped for a bit, but this past offseason where they lost a bunch of starter/impact players is why they are where they are now and it's only getting worse and it was absolutely because they couldn't afford to keep those players they lost..

Click on any player and look at the year by year details and the dead money after the contract is up. Also notice that almost every single player has a base salary this season under $2M because Howie just pushes all of the cap hit out. It's like having credit card debt you already can't afford and then going to Europe and buying a new car and putting all of it on your card. Howie is a horrendous manager of the cap. His tricks make him look good to people who don't understand the implications of what he does

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/cap/

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
I dont know what keeps on going on in Philly but let it continue.

Similar thing happened years ago with Wentz. Eagles looked like the next hottest thing and Wentz was putting an mvp season together. They won a superbowl while he was hurt and the rest is history. Plus his nagging injuries. Locker room / coaches seem to be cancerous after a few years together
Yes. Success goes to a complete meltdown by the Fans , Press then players.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Reports are circulating that the big problem in Philly has become Lurie. Supposedly he was heavily involved in choosing the assistant coaches this year and was heavily involved in the demotion of Desai for Matt Patricia as DC. The feeling is that Lurie hired Sirianni because he was a young inexperienced coach that Lurie could have influence over. I'm not sure how much credibility there is to this but Eagles' fans are talking about it on their forum. Apparently the media, especially Seth Joyner, is all over Lurie saying he is the problem. It's a blood bath on their forum right now. Everyone is taking a beating including Jeffrey Lurie, Howie Roseman, Nick Sirianni, the assistant coaches, and JALEN HURTS.

Hurts - they are all mad because the way that Hurts' contract is structured it is basically a 5 year guaranteed contract due to how Howie pushed all of the cap hits into voided years added to the contract. Trying to cut Hurts prior to 5 years would create an enormous dead cap hit. They are all complaining that he is a system guy that is only good in an RPO and that he is too dumb to make the proper reads to be anything else.
They road Hurts to a Super Bowl doing the rpo stuff. That’s what he is……. The error this year was trying to make him a pocket passer. He got a gimpy knee in the SF game and hasn’t looked the same since. When he can’t run, he can’t hurt you.

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
They road Hurts to a Super Bowl doing the rpo stuff. That’s what he is……. The error this year was trying to make him a pocket passer. He got a gimpy knee in the SF game and hasn’t looked the same since. When he can’t run, he can’t hurt you.
Absolutely spot on. Which is why I couldn't believe how everyone thought he was so great. Hurts was never a pocket passer. He was a 1 read QB heavy on the RPO. The RPO was working so well that most teams played the run. It was easy to pass with 1, maybe 2 reads, then take off if it wasn't there. They moved away from that gameplan and it's back to 2021 Jalen Hurts. He still does his 1 or 2 reads and takes off to the right. The difference is they don't have that run threat anymore.

That gameplan they used last year was very similar to the 2019 Ravens. It's a one hit wonder. But Lamar Jackson has become a better passer since then.

lkelly

Reaction score
I get it, the Eagles are in full collapse but why are we talking about them? This is CZ, not EZ. Unless they come to us in the divisional round, we should be done talking about them for this season. We are the NFC East Champs! We have the NFC Playoffs 2 seed! Let's talk about that!
Weirdly enough, the board has other threads and the titles usually reflect the subject of the conversation. Explore the space.

lkelly

Reaction score
I think the Hurts (leg) injury dates well back near the beginning of the season. It wouldn't surprise me if word leaks out after they are eliminated that he was playing with a partially torn something or other. The announcement will garner sympathy points with a few and maybe Sirianni uses it to help stave off the wolves. Regardless, the pressure will be ramped up next season for Hurts and his spot in the "Top 5" lists of QBs will be taken by people like Dak and Purdy. He will also be learning a new offense next season I imagine.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Because it's fun to rip on them. We can talk about our game coming up on Sunday and rip on them at the same time.

tomokawan

Reaction score
They really want the coach fired. Hearing it all day on local radio. And Eagle fans call us front runners. Just in Superbowl last year, and they want the coach fired. Now that is an entitled fan base.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Noted, childish behavior is fun to you. Class is not your forte, stooping down to their level is. Got it.

So, it's "stooping down" to rip on a division rival when they're clearly imploding? I'd say I'm someone that likes to have fun. Afterall, this is sports.

Also, just so you know, I grew up in a family of Eagles fans. I have a bet this year (currently a split, so no punishment likely this year unless we win the SB or beat them in the playoffs) with someone that is a very good friend of mine who's an Eagles fan. I have another friend of mine who I chat with and literally took a picture with again at the convention in Chicago about a month ago whose an Eagles fan. We exchange good natured jokes with each other about our teams. If we were imploding, my friend that I chat with at conventions and occasionally online would be joking with me about it. It's meant for fun because football is entertainment. I also have many other friends of mine who are Eagles fans. So, if it's "stooping", so be it. It's just meant for fun. There's a clear line that my friends and family who are Eagles fans and I have that we know not to cross. Anything up to that line is fair game, and we have to be ready to take that when it happens. We also are usually very good about complimenting each other's teams when they're doing well. So, like I said, it's meant in good nature.

Oh, and also, I vacation in New Jersey annually. So, like I said, any smack talk with the Eagles is meant in good nature. We joke with each other about our teams, and it's meant for fun.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
So, it's "stooping down" to rip on a division rival when they're clearly imploding? I'd say I'm someone that likes to have fun. Afterall, this is sports.

Also, just so you know, I grew up in a family of Eagles fans. I have a bet this year (currently a split, so no punishment likely this year unless we win the SB or beat them in the playoffs) with someone that is a very good friend of mine who's an Eagles fan. I have another friend of mine who I chat with and literally took a picture with again at the convention in Chicago about a month ago whose an Eagles fan. We exchange good natured jokes with each other about our teams. If we were imploding, my friend that I chat with at conventions and occasionally online would be joking with me about it. It's meant for fun because football is entertainment. I also have many other friends of mine who are Eagles fans. So, if it's "stooping", so be it. It's just meant for fun. There's a clear line that my friends and family who are Eagles fans and I have that we know not to cross. Anything up to that line is fair game, and we have to be ready to take that when it happens. We also are usually very good about complimenting each other's teams when they're doing well. So, like I said, it's meant in good nature.

Oh, and also, I vacation in New Jersey annually. So, like I said, any smack talk with the Eagles is meant in good nature. We joke with each other about our teams, and it's meant for fun.
Too long, didn't read. I care that little about your childish ways.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The offensive system is very basic and no adjustments have been made. Shane Steichen was more successful with the system because he was a better play caller. There is no rhyme or reason to the play calls this year. The plan against blitz is terrible, the O has no sight adjustments. The passing game is either crappy WR screens or deep balls outside the numbers. Very few easy throws over the middle In the O.
Defense is more a talent issue and going to Patricia was a panic move that made things worse. Constantly playing DB’s 7 yards off the ball when teams are playing the quick game is maddening, 3rd and 5 and they have CB’s giving a huge cushion, that’s dumb football.
Do you believe the fans want a new HC?

Blackrain

Reaction score
Noted, childish behavior is fun to you. Class is not your forte, stooping down to their level is. Got it.
Well it is a kids game we're watching and class left football when Landry was fired.

There's no stooping down to the eagles fans level you'd need an excavator to get that low.

Rusty's just having a little fun watching the eagles fans overreact over their situation .

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Well it is a kids game we're watching and class left football when Landry was fired.

There's no stooping down to the eagles fans level you'd need an excavator to get that low.

Rusty's just having a little fun watching the eagles fans overreact over their situation .

Exactly, and, like I tried to explain, I know a lot of Eagles fans. They'd roast me if we were playing like they are now. It's fair game. It's meant for entertainment.