Philadelphia Media Rips Eagles, Calls for Coach Nick Sirianni Firing After Meltdown

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Firing would be a bold move. There biggest problem is Hurts play. The 49ers really did figure him out. After that game their whole offense has been ineffective. He is just not a good passer

NeathBlue

Reaction score
The thing that is bothering me about Hurts right now is the thing I championed him for in the past-- his poise and leadership.

I'm not writing the guy off because I do think he'll bounce back, but if I were a Philly fan I'd be concerned for sure.
He’s essentially a running QB… and they don’t tend to last too long these days in the NFL.

TheCritic

Reaction score
I fully admit that right around halftime yesterday I was becoming more interested and entertained by the Philly Meltdown. Philly 500 was in good form as well as a few others! Commodes fans are no fun anymore. Do they even have a fanbase anymore? Still this year's sore loser award goes to the Giants fans during week 1!

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
LOL ... Typical mania - both fans and media presence. Suffer in their misery.

i'm also hearing in Philly, they are really hating the Shaq Leonard signing.

He cannot move. He's stiff and always a tick late.
his back issues has clearly made him a mere shell of former self.

Seems like we really lucked out big time with not signing him.

I hope this Eagles franchise eats itself alive. You can’t run a team on toxicity and false bravado forever before it blows up in your face.

On Shaq Leonard, I am not surprised by the injury robbing him of his athletic ability. I’ve got a chronic lower back injury which I would classify as extremely minor and it still makes it hard for me to do certain things athletically when it flares up. I can’t imagine suffering one like he did and attempting to play MLB in an NFL game.

jgboys1

Reaction score
I fully admit that right around halftime yesterday I was becoming more interested and entertained by the Philly Meltdown. Philly 500 was in good form as well as a few others! Commodes fans are no fun anymore. Do they even have a fanbase anymore? Still this year's sore loser award goes to the Giants fans during week 1!
That week 1 shellacking of the giants was one of the most enjoyable regular season games I ever watched.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
isn't Siranni supposedly an offensive mind himself ?

if so, isn't the offense is supposed to go thru him ? or is the OC role being forced on Siranni, ala Kellen Moore on McCarthy.

i don't think Hurts is elite QB, (ditto with Tua in miami) and i do not think he has the pure pass potential to be a Stroud but if he had a strong enuff supporting cast, ( per coach ) he does needs/can be to be solid enuff factoring- per moving the ball and scoring when in position, but he cannot play both sides of the ball. And cannot force the HC to run the ball, or involve the RBs much more in the offense.
He's never been a play caller.

The hiring at the time made no sense, other than his connection to Reich.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
It’s crazy how certain posters, who are “definitely not Eagles fans,” have disappeared.
The Eagles are welcome to their problems. Some teams are in even more disarray. Renting an ailing linebacker that was once good is what you do when you’re desperate for help. Sirianni may well get replaced. When Pederson couldn’t stop an end of season slide his Super Bowl win didn’t help him. Sirianni’s Super Bowl loss won’t help him. The Packers look to be much better than the Eagles at the moment. They are a more significant concern.

superonyx

Reaction score
They are not only blasting that move but they are blasting the move to get Kevin Byard. No one on that team, coaching staff, or front office is safe from their hate right now except for a few guys like Kelce, Lane Johnson, Brandon Graham, and Fletcher Cox.

If this continues to go sideways and Kelce, Graham, and Cox decide retiring is the next option then the Eagles are staring $52 million of dead cap space in the face from just those 3 guys.
Sounds like this place after every single loss.
Fire everyone!!!!!

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
It's obvious to me that Sirianni has been found out. It happens in all lines of work. There is always one or two guys in every company who say the right things and put on a good show to the right people at the right time. They find themselves advancing their career even though they aren't as qualified as they appear. All icing and no cake. He lost both coordinators and when the replacements weren't up to the job, and everyone looked to him to fix the problems, they found out he didn't know how. The owner the GM and certainly the players have figured it out. And this is the result. The fans have found out the hard way. He will never get another head coaching job in the NFL. Maybe college. Probably more suited to high school. He is a fraud.

TheCritic

Reaction score
That week 1 shellacking of the giants was one of the most enjoyable regular season games I ever watched.
The post game meltdowns by the Giants fans and their local media was pure gold!!! I WAITED 7 MONTHS FOR THIS !?!? LOL

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
They are all complaining that he is a system guy that is only good in an RPO and that he is too dumb to make the proper reads to be anything else.
And they are correct. I told this forum that Philly fans were gonna hate Hurt's contract more than Dallas fans hate Dak's.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
LOL ... Typical mania - both fans and media presence. Suffer in their misery.

i'm also hearing in Philly, they are really hating the Shaq Leonard signing.

He cannot move. He's stiff and always a tick late.
his back issues has clearly made him a mere shell of former self.

Seems like we really lucked out big time with not signing him.
Read the same thing about Shaq too. When I watched him (even before he signed with the Eagles) this season he looked physically impeded; something about his gate or just uprightness didn’t look right at all.

The fact the Colts were willing to cut a popular vet mid-season should have told everyone what they needed to know. No different than when we cut Jaylon.