RELEASED Philbin and Lett won't return

quickccc

Reaction score
Considering the lack of talent Jonesboys had at DT, I think Lett did a good job.
some do not realize how very difficult it is to acquire pass rushing 3 tech gems.

but i do think we could've step it up with acquiring the idea, key 1 techs, instead of relying upon bargain binge way of fixing the run defense.

quickccc

Reaction score
I always was against Philbin but I thought he did a good job this season with a revolving OL throughout the season.

Don't know what to say about Lett. He was in charge of coaching garbage.

- i questioned Philibin with not wanting to play McGovern at all in his 2nd year,
- i questioned him when he wanted McGovern starting over rookie Tyler Smith at LG, at the season's start (injury to Tyron complex that)
- i questioned Philibin when reports leaked that he was not on board with the club selecting Tyler in the 1st rd.
- Unfortunately young developmental guys like Josh Ball and Matt Waletzko were not ready to step in per injury emergency roles.
- Conner Williams, a LG here, departed here as an UFA, went to Miami and quickly became of the best centers in the entire NFL. A true pity here.

- But no doubt credit Philibin for the amazing developmental progress and emergence of Steele
- Coaching up Tyler at LT, ..and LG.
- McGovern was a more improved player than previous years.(could only play RG previously)
- Injuries hit the OL, but Philibin did a wonderful job of shuttling the OL to patch work
- though he's still in the decemt/serviceable area, center

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All these coaches getting let go and having to move their families because the 160M QB refused to stop throwing the ball to the other team. I wonder if Dak feels any guilt?
Yep, Leon Lett was ousted due to Dak...

Iago33

Reaction score
Risen, I'm betting Philbin being let go is a result of some O-linemen talking to the FO. Not sure what else would've caused that given the injuries.
Peters influence? “He’s telling you to do what?”

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
token cuts to pacify the masses. yep, that will work, bring out some new jerseys that will make the dumb fans happier.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
some do not realize how very difficult it is to acquire pass rushing 3 tech gems.

but i do think we could've step it up with acquiring the idea, key 1 techs, instead of relying upon bargain binge way of fixing the run defense.
You are right it is not easy but when you get one you have one for 10 years. Go ask Gil Brandt about Lilly and White.

The Ravens and Bears Super Bowl HOF defense did it without true 3 tech/pass rushing RDT. But those guys were Leon Lett sized and bigger (Goose, and Adams).

They need DT that can push the pocket, and protect the Linebakers allowing them to make plays all over the field.