RELEASED Philbin and Lett won't return

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Sounds like next year is MM's last if the same result happens.

Btw what is with all the defensive guys getting purged?
Planning for Dan Quinn's departure so MM and the new DC can bring in his own people.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I always was against Philbin but I thought he did a good job this season with a revolving OL throughout the season.

Don't know what to say about Lett. He was in charge of coaching garbage.
I agree. Historically not a huge Philbin guy but thought with all the obstacles this year he did well

Reactions: CWR

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Seems like a chicken poop way to do business. Letting contracts expire as opposed to letting someone go cause you think their job performance blows.
Exactly what I was thinking, but so much in line with Jerry's way of doing business.

J_Allen

Reaction score
I thought Leon had a guaranteed job here. I really did.

The only one I want to see gone is Kellen moore. He's not an NFL off. coordinator. He never will be.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Listen, I don’t mind new voices and particularly feel we need a new o coordinator and qb coach and am guessing both options may still be on the table depending on what happens with kellen in Carolina. I don’t think Km will get that job however.

That said firing a coaches entire staff and some of his closest confidants after a year which ended in disappointment but that still was a 12-5 season that could have easily been the nfc championship game is weird. Im ok with it if he gets some say in filling out the staff but if they dictate 75% of his new staff they may as well get rid of the head coach too.

Just a bit weird too me. Sending a message to the head coach by firing his entire staff when he had a overall good year is weird.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Listen, I don’t mind new voices and particularly feel we need a new o coordinator and qb coach and am guessing both options may still be on the table depending on what happens with kellen in Carolina. I don’t think Km will get that job however.

That said firing a coaches entire staff and some of his closest confidants after a year which ended in disappointment but that still was a 12-5 season that could have easily been the nfc championship game is weird. Im ok with it if he gets some say in filling out the staff but if they dictate 75% of his new staff they may as well get rid of the head coach too.

Just a bit weird too me. Sending a message to the head coach by firing his entire staff when he had a overall good year is weird.
Maybe that head coach is going too and we just havent heard yet?

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Will still have Moore’s pass happy offense with poor run scheme, curl routes, empty backfield and 4 verticals on short yardage.

Staubacher

Reaction score

The only one I want to see gone is Kellen moore. He's not an NFL off. coordinator. He never will be.
Serious question:

Why has the offense been so highly ranked during his tenure?

Was it the overwhelming talent at QB and other skill positions covering for him?

Please explain thanks.

csirl

Reaction score
These guys are out of contract. They werent fired. Maybe they decided to leave?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
The same result would be 12 wins and a playoff win which will likely save his job again.
I do understand why fans are mad at MM but what could he have done when the QB plays like that? The game was there for the taking and he kept us in contention with Cooper Rush as the QB.

KalEl

KalEl 94
Reaction score

1st place offense in 2021
3rd place offense 2022

1st in scoring from 2020-2022

Ya he sucks.

Staubacher

Reaction score
1st place offense in 2021
3rd place offense 2022

1st in scoring from 2020-2022

Ya he sucks.
I've been asking here how this could be. Is it the overwhelming talent at QB overcoming his ineptitude? Not one single person has answered me yet.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
This feels like a situation where we need to wait and see how it plays out. I wonder if this is a situation where they wont be back under any circumstances or if this is a situation where both your coordinators are in advanced interview stages with other teams so why would you even think about handing out additional contracts until you have clarity around those situations first?

JohnsKey19

Reaction score

Hopefully he's not taking the hit for all the underwhelming talent they drafted/signed at DT.